Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Mary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTgirl29

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out I was accepted to this program on the BILLINGS-MT campus, not the main campus. Does anyone have any insight about this program/location specifically?

Members don't see this ad.

I also got an email of acceptance this morning! Not my first choice, but I will for sure be considering my options.

Anyone know a ballpark for tuition on this program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know a ballpark for tuition on this program?
I would suggest contacting the program.

The Masters in OT program has several different tracks. The academic program and your tuition will depend on whether you have a bachelors degree before you start the OT program or if you will earn a bachelors degree at the University of Mary.

I've also been accepted to the Billings location and will be attending! Tuition is listed on the University of Mary website as $8,790 per trimester. Definitely one of the more affordable programs.

Hi,

This thread hasn't been used in a while but I'll give it a shot.
I have an interview with the University of Mary OT program later on this month. I have been trying to research the school so I can learn more about the program, but I haven't found much of anything.. I'm worried that they'll want to know why I want to go this school and I will only be able to come up with a generic answer because their website has like no information on the details of their program. Or maybe I missed something on the website? Any information or links to where I can find info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who applied recently heard back yet? I got an email earlier today that I am waitlisted at number 1. So I think I have a decent shot at getting in, although it isn't necessarily my first choice since it's in North Dakota and will be freezing cold, I'm from southern California sooo the weather is a major factor. I will probably have to get a whole new wardrobe haha

have you decided to put your deposit down for the university of mary?

have you decided to put your deposit down for the university of mary?
It's been really hard. Well, that's more of an understatement. This is only the second interview I had. The first school I interviewed with put me 9th on the waitlist. This school is the second one I interviewed with and I got in. But the program starts immediately, in June. Before I can hear back from other schools. It's great to be given a spot and it's horrifying to know that if I do say no I could be throwing away my one shot. Idk the likelihood of being accepted into another school. I have been waitlisted for interviews at 2 schools, which I am now scheduled for in February and March. And I should be hearing back about my top school, the one I was 9th on the waitlist for, for another interview for the next cohort. I'm still in between.. I told them that I'll be submitting my deposit but it may come late and I already sent my transcripts over and created a student account. But I do not think I will be attending. I don't think it would make sense to put in my deposit and use the school as a back up when I go to other interviews since I probably won't be hearing back from those schools until late May to mid June for schools that begin in Fall.
Did you get accepted?

It's been really hard. Well, that's more of an understatement. This is only the second interview I had. The first school I interviewed with put me 9th on the waitlist. This school is the second one I interviewed with and I got in. But the program starts immediately, in June. Before I can hear back from other schools. It's great to be given a spot and it's horrifying to know that if I do say no I could be throwing away my one shot. Idk the likelihood of being accepted into another school. I have been waitlisted for interviews at 2 schools, which I am now scheduled for in February and March. And I should be hearing back about my top school, the one I was 9th on the waitlist for, for another interview for the next cohort. I'm still in between.. I told them that I'll be submitting my deposit but it may come late and I already sent my transcripts over and created a student account. But I do not think I will be attending. I don't think it would make sense to put in my deposit and use the school as a back up when I go to other interviews since I probably won't be hearing back from those schools until late May to mid June for schools that begin in Fall.
Did you get accepted?
people start getting pulled of the wait list the closer the schools get to their starting date because people get into other schools and for fir their spots. This is a hard decision. I am waiting to hear for an interview because I did not have a 3.5 or higher gpa for the early decision. I think that there is hope that you will get off the wait list.

What was the interview like? I am interviewing on Thursday via Face Time and would like to prepare as best as possible.

What was the interview like? I am interviewing on Thursday via Face Time and would like to prepare as best as possible.
These are the questions they asked me:
Why did you choose OT?
Why do you want to go to U-Mary?
Where do you see yourself in 7-10 years?
Explain a time in which you had to deal with conflict and if you could, how could you have handled it differently?
How would your friends, family, and colleagues describe you?

I recently removed myself from the program that starts this June for another one. One negative draw I saw from the program was that on the FAFSA they require you to say you're a 5th year undergrad pursuing a grad program for the first year which reduces the amount of aid you receive since it's considered undergrad. You can't apply for the grad plus loan also because you're not considered a grad student. I would ask current students how they are paying for the program. Idk if that will affect you or not, but it worried me to possibly take out private loans.

Best of luck on the interview!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for giving me an idea as to what the interview may entail. It helps to have some questions to work with. Also thank you for letting me know about the issues you had with the financial aid. It will definitely be something that I will keep in mind. I wish you luck in your program!

Reactions: 1 users