University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all. For anyone that was accepted and has received the Facebook page, any way you can PM the link to me. The link I received from Sharon wouldn't work for me and I'm hoping to get an early start getting to know everyone. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks :)

How many days of the year does the eastern shore have snow fall?

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed on the 17th! how long does it usually take for them to get back to you on a decision. I'm so anxious as this is my top choice school!!

How many days of the year does the eastern shore have snow fall?
It depends actually. I'm an Eastern Shore native and some years you may get just a light dusting a few times during winter and just this past week public schools were closed all week due to the weather (except for the colleges. We did get to leave early when campus closed at 3pm on Tuesday and we had a snow day on Wednesday). But it's not that much snow as compared to the other areas.

Reactions: 1 user
I JUST GOT IN!!!!!!!! THIS IS BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interviewed on Feb heard back from the school yet? Do you know how long they usually take before making decision?

I interviewed in Jan and got a reply in about two weeks. My certiphi check just came back so it looks like I am going to be part of the class of 2017. Does anyone know how to get the facebook group link to work? I got an email with a link but it didn't work and when I emailed the person (Sharon Neal-Horsey) who sent the link I got an auto response that she would be out of the office until Jan 2, 2014.

I interviewed in Jan and got a reply in about two weeks. My certiphi check just came back so it looks like I am going to be part of the class of 2017. Does anyone know how to get the facebook group link to work? I got an email with a link but it didn't work and when I emailed the person (Sharon Neal-Horsey) who sent the link I got an auto response that she would be out of the office until Jan 2, 2014.
Hi Andrew,
My name is Yvonne and I'm going to be part of the ℅ 2017 as well. You click on the link and it will lead you to the Facebook page. Then you can request to be added to the group. Dr. Purnell should approve the request soon. Hope this helped.

So where do most pharmacy students live? I got accepted so now I'm looking for housing. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Yvonne, eventually I figured it out. I had to be completely logged off of Facebook when I clicked the link for it to work, when I was already logged on clicking the link would just take me to my newsfeed.

I don't know if you found a place but I have a friend that graduated from the UMES physical therapy school last year and she told me a lot of the grad students move into the Marley Manor Apt complex. She also told me after her second year that her and a lot of her friends moved to the Mill Pond Apt Complex. It is a few mins further north but it has a lot more closer to it (Walmart, Panera, Barnes and Noble, a mall), Marley Manor is kind of located in the middle of a field. That or they rented out houses together. I'm looking at both, hopes this helps.

I interviewed on Feb 28th and I have not heard back from the school yet. What should I do?

So where do most pharmacy students live? I got accepted so now I'm looking for housing. Any help would be appreciated.
Andrew184 is correct. Most students live in Salisbury since there are more apartments available and it's easier to find a roommate who wants to life in the same place as the majority of the students. Some people do live here in town in Princess Anne but most live in Marley Manor since it makes it easy to carpool, study together (if that's your thing) and like mentioned before to find roommates.

When do we recieve our award letters?
For student aid? Did you fill out the paperwork yet? The financial aid office is a bit behind even if they say they do our loans early so we usually don't get our refunds till after the first assessment (three weeks into the semester)

For student aid? Did you fill out the paperwork yet? The financial aid office is a bit behind even if they say they do our loans early so we usually don't get our refunds till after the first assessment (three weeks into the semester)

I have. I did all that back in February. But omg three weeks 0.o
Thank goodness I've been working on saving money this semester.

I have. I did all that back in February. But omg three weeks 0.o
Thank goodness I've been working on saving money this semester.
Yeah, they should have mentioned this in the interviews that the aid office is a bit slow in processing them. This semester was a bit longer of a wait for us because of the government shutdown but now that they're back on track they shouldn't have any more delays.

Can anyone comment on what the interview process is like here? Extremely nervous and not sure what to expect. Is it one or multiple interviewers?