University of Miami DPT Acceptances 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anna1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had heard back from UM DPT yet after their interview?? I know of some people who have received acceptances already and would love to know if anyones else has found out.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! I saw that a few days ago :) I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard back !

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha ok just wanted to make sure!

I interviewed 10/18 and haven't heard anything. How many people do you know who have heard back?! I don't know how much longer I can stand not knowing!

Just had my interview this afternoon and felt really good about the whole experience. What a great community of people they have at that program!

I interviewed 10/18 and haven't heard anything. How many people do you know who have heard back?! I don't know how much longer I can stand not knowing!

I know specifically one good friend who has gotten accepted and interviewed a couple of weeks later then you.

I know specifically one good friend who has gotten accepted and interviewed a couple of weeks later then you.

Are they a UM undergrad? The only people I've heard of who've gotten decisions are already students there.

Anyways, at my interview they said they were doing 2 interviews in November then none until January... So hopefully a big round of decisions will go out soon since the November ones are done.

Are they a UM undergrad? The only people I've heard of who've gotten decisions are already students there.

Anyways, at my interview they said they were doing 2 interviews in November then none until January... So hopefully a big round of decisions will go out soon since the November ones are done.

No they are not UM undergrad, so I was surprised they found out so early. I have a feeling this person was offered a scholarship but I am not sure. And that is good to hear that they only had two interviews in November, so maybe we will hear soon!

I thought UM didn't do scholarships, do they know someone or have insane grades or something?

I sure hope so! I felt like my interview went really well and feel like my grades/scores are well above average. I applied in July and have only heard back from 1 out of 5 programs!! I'm basically freaking out that there is some glaring weakness on my app.

Let's cross our fingers that we get (good) word soon :)

Yes I am not sure about the scholarship but I could be wrong! I know they have programs where you can do research there and they will pay for some of your tuition, so that might be another option that this person was informed about. And yes- hope we get good news soon as well! Way to go for applying early!

I asked my interviewer yesterday about scholarship and I was told that there are no scholarships offered through UM. There are however TA positions which can help mitigate the tuition.

I asked my interviewer yesterday about scholarship and I was told that there are no scholarships offered through UM. There are however TA positions which can help mitigate the tuition.

TA positions are typically, only offered to 2nd yr students.

Ok thanks for the info! I am pretty sure my friend got offered to do research at UM and therefore because of this they are going to help with their tuition. They refer to this on the website as Graduate Assistantships.

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who got interviews/acceptances! I have an interview January 24th and was wondering if anyone has the same date and would want to go in on a hotel room with me? I'm coming from California so traveling is starting to get kind of expensive!

anyone know if Miami has sent out a second round of acceptances yet? I know they sent some out in December, but I wanted to see if anyone has been accepted since then! or maybe knows when they may be sending out more?