University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Class of 2018!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skeeks

Rural IM Doc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to see what other 2018ers there are out there! Please tell a little about yourself to give others an idea of what the 2018 class will look like :)

Congrats everyone! What a great school we've been accepted to!

Myself: I am 26, married with two kids. I am from Utah (you dont have to give this info if you dont want obviously). I am looking into IM, EM, Neuro, Onco and PMR right now, but I am pretty open to all specialties. I like to sing, going to the beach (hurray for Miami!!) and hiking.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure yet if I'll be matriculating at UM, waiting to hear from other schools. However, I'm from Ft Lauderdale and currently taking a gap year after college.

I drove down to Miami this past weekend to check out the campus and the surrounding area a bit more. Brickell ave is pretty nice from what I saw, which is where a lot of students live. I ended up going into the Key Biscayne area and hanging out at a gorgeous beach, definitely makes me want to attend this school!

I am 26 and from New York! I am interested in a number of different specialties, but my strongest interests fall within IM. I'm into EDM/trance, I like to play guitar, and I'm all about fantasy football - if enough people are into fantasy, maybe we can get a 10-team UMiami FFB league going next year! As a non-traditional applicant, I will be coming in from my 4th gap year, so I am totally pumped about starting medical school.

It is probably somewhat pre-mature at this point to begin apartment hunting, but just putting it out there, that I am hoping to share an apartment with one or two other people in Brickell, Downtown, or Miami Beach. The Miami high-rises aren't exactly cheap, but I think splitting the rent brings down the cost to something amenable for a student budget. If anyone is interested in sharing a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in one of these areas, let me know!

Does anyone know if there is a FB group for class of 2018 yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive the second look email invite before you received the acceptance call? I am supposed to hear back today and haven't received a second look invite, so I'm worried.

Can anybody tell me how to access the Miami Miller Class of 2018 Facebook page?

Is there a fb group for class of 2018? Just transferred into Year2. Thanks