University of Michigan CoP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is applying to the UM-CoP?

Have you been given an interview date?

Feel free to post stats, PharmCAS submission date, mailing date, or any other helpful information.

I submitted my app. on 9/13 and am still waiting for gpa calculations.

Members don't see this ad.

I am! My top choice. I have an interview October 10, so excited :)

That's great. I didn't know that they would be starting that soon. Good Luck!

I'm updating my stats:
Submitted: 9/13 Verified: 9/30 Mailed: 10/07

cGPA: 3.36 (recent grades much better) sGPA: 3.42 PCAT composite: 91

I've done quite a bit of volunteer work (healthcare and general), but no direct Pharmacy experience. Keeping my fingers crossed:)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll get an interview with those stats! Did you submit the supplemental yet?

You'll get an interview with those stats! Did you submit the supplemental yet?
Can I ask when you submitted your supplemental? And how long did it take to get an interview from it?

U. Mich is one of my top choices! But I just got an e-mail saying my supplemental was finally received on Tuesday 10/01/2013... so I am wondering how long I should be expecting to wait to hear back? :C

CONGRATS BY THE WAY!! That's so soon :D

I'm almost done with my supplemental and plan to mail it out on Monday.

PharmCAS still hasn't mailed my application, but I did get a "Thanks for applying" email from U of M yesterday.

Has anyone else heard from UofM? Anxiously waiting for an interview!

Ishar-They finally received my supplemental on Friday (10/11) and acknowledged so in an email. I will make sure to post if I get an interview. Have you turned in both applications already?

PharmD1191-How was the interview? Was it enjoyable, stressful, or a little of both? Hopefully, you get accepted soon:)

I submitted my application on 8/9. It mailed out 8/14. Finished my supplemental soon after.

GPA 3.82, science GPA 3.80. PCAT composite of 84 (Biology 92, Quant 39, Chemisty 81, Verbal 78 and Reading 87).

Interviewed on 10/10, accepted 10/17. I plan to enroll with the UM COP class of 2018!

Interviews were a lot of fun. Mark Nelson (head of admissions) made them as stress free and enjoyable as possible. The interview is nothing to worry about. It's more about them getting to know you, and you getting to know the school.

Just got my interview offer for November 7th!! So excited! For those who have had their interview already can you please share how it was exactly and what was asked =]

Just got my interview offer for November 7th!! So excited! For those who have had their interview already can you please share how it was exactly and what was asked =]

Hi Ishar. When did you submit your supplemental? I just submitted mine and am eagerly waiting to hear from them :)

Congrats!! That is a huge accomplishment!

I had my interview about a week ago. It was actually very enjoyable and not stressful at all. You start the morning with an introduction presentation by Mark Nelson. He gives you some tips on what to say in the interview, like examples of how you are a leader. There are then two 35 minute interviews with faculty and students. The time flew by! 35 minutes did not seem like enough. The only specific question I got asked was "give an example of when you worked with a difficult team member and how you resolved the issue." I guess other faculty asked a lot of questions, but my interviewers basically just wanted to talk and hear my story. That was the first time they were seeing my resume/application.

Just be yourself. They already like you if you got an interview. And have fun! Good luck!

I submitted my supplemental around the end of August but didn't have a completed file because I was waiting for my employer to submit a letter of recommendation. He submitted the end of September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! That is a huge accomplishment!

I had my interview about a week ago. It was actually very enjoyable and not stressful at all. You start the morning with an introduction presentation by Mark Nelson. He gives you some tips on what to say in the interview, like examples of how you are a leader. There are then two 35 minute interviews with faculty and students. The time flew by! 35 minutes did not seem like enough. The only specific question I got asked was "give an example of when you worked with a difficult team member and how you resolved the issue." I guess other faculty asked a lot of questions, but my interviewers basically just wanted to talk and hear my story. That was the first time they were seeing my resume/application.

Just be yourself. They already like you if you got an interview. And have fun! Good luck!
Definitely glad to hear you had a good interview experience! So basically the interviews were conversational? They didn't ask much about grades, etc? Congrats on your acceptance also!

Definitely glad to hear you had a good interview experience! So basically the interviews were conversational? They didn't ask much about grades, etc? Congrats on your acceptance also!

The interviewers didn't ask anything about grades. They don't even know what grades you got unless you tell them. All they know is what is on the resume you hand them when they walk in the door. They did ask me a little about the research experience I had listed on my resume. They also asked a lot about what area of pharmacy I was interested in.

The interviewers didn't ask anything about grades. They don't even know what grades you got unless you tell them. All they know is what is on the resume you hand them when they walk in the door. They did ask me a little about the research experience I had listed on my resume. They also asked a lot about what area of pharmacy I was interested in.
Congrats on getting accepted:) That must be such an amazing feeling.

Did they email you an interview invitation? How many weeks before the interview were you contacted?

Thank you for all of the information. I've talked to Mark Nelson several times on the phone and he seems really nice.

Just got an interview today! I submitted my supplemental app on Sept 30 and my PCAT scores finally were released monday so I think that was the limiting factor. This is the first school i've heard back from so I am super excited to go- Though i'm all the way from California so I might freeze haha. Does anyone have any suggestions for close/cheap/not-super-sketchy places to stay near the school?

I just got invited to an interview on 11/14. It took exactly 3 weeks from when they received all of my materials to get the invite. So excited!!

Hey prospective Wolverines!

The Pharmacy Student Ambassadors group at the UM COP have set up a Tumblr page so that you can ask questions anonymously and get answers from current students. We already have a few questions archived from this year's P1 class. You can check it out here: http://umcop.tumblr.com

Good luck and go blue!

For those interviewing on 11/14, where are you guys planning to stay? It's SO expensive for hotels around campus... :oops:

oh wow, this is great!! Thanks a bunch :D :)
Did you get a specific interview schedule? It says that we would receive on ~1 week before the interview. I still have not received anything & sent them an email (waiting for a response).

Only 2 more days!

Did you get a specific interview schedule? It says that we would receive on ~1 week before the interview. I still have not received anything & sent them an email (waiting for a response).

Only 2 more days!

Nope! I didn't get anything, just the last one confirming the interview last week! I did get something from a 2nd year Michigan student a few days ago, congratulating me and saying that she was part of the student ambassadors program? Maybe we'll get something tomorrow haha.

And I know! So nervous! Especially since they said bring 4 resume copies... haha.

I'm guessing there won't be many of us interviewing? It looked like there are only 100 something interviews a year :c

Nope! I didn't get anything, just the last one confirming the interview last week! I did get something from a 2nd year Michigan student a few days ago, congratulating me and saying that she was part of the student ambassadors program? Maybe we'll get something tomorrow haha.

And I know! So nervous! Especially since they said bring 4 resume copies... haha.

I'm guessing there won't be many of us interviewing? It looked like there are only 100 something interviews a year :c

I started to reply & just got an email from Mr. Nelson. They must be a bit delayed. That would be cool if they only interview 100. I think that they accept ~80/year:)

Dress warm, it's freezing here!:)

Has anyone heard back from the 11/14 interview?

Has anyone heard back from the 11/14 interview?
Nope.. not yet. I keep checking my interview every few minutes waiting haha.. Have you?

Guessing the decision comes tomorrow?? Hopefully it'll be good news for both of us!! Haha

Nope.. not yet. I keep checking my interview every few minutes waiting haha.. Have you?

Guessing the decision comes tomorrow?? Hopefully it'll be good news for both of us!! Haha

Nothing here! I've been checking obsessively:) I sure hope that we both hear some good news tomorrow.

Nothing here! I've been checking obsessively:) I sure hope that we both hear some good news tomorrow.

I just got accepted!!!:soexcited: I know that it's early in CA, but hopefully you wake up to some excellent news:)

I just got accepted!!!:soexcited: I know that it's early in CA, but hopefully you wake up to some excellent news:)

I just checked my email and got accepted as well!!! Awww yay, so excited :)) Congrats!!! Will you be depositing??

I just checked my email and got accepted as well!!! Awww yay, so excited :)) Congrats!!! Will you be depositing??

Congrats to you too!

Yes. I only applied to 2 schools and U of M was my first choice. How about you? I know that CA has some great schools as well. I just really liked the research focus at UM.

Congrats to you too!

Yes. I only applied to 2 schools and U of M was my first choice. How about you? I know that CA has some great schools as well. I just really liked the research focus at UM.

I am going to let it sit for a little bit first (and wait to hear back from one other school), since I already deposited elsewhere and another 750$ is quite a drop in cash! I really liked U of Mich though, and their faculty seems quite involved/dedicated within research and the profession! Plus it was nice that everyone seemed to know each other :( So, since we have 4 weeks (?) to deposit, I'm gonna wait and see!

Are you planning to move out to Ann Arbor? Or just commute from where you live now (such a long commute?!) haha.

Aw, still so excited for us hahaha :smug:. I wonder who else got in from our interview group!

I am going to let it sit for a little bit first (and wait to hear back from one other school), since I already deposited elsewhere and another 750$ is quite a drop in cash! I really liked U of Mich though, and their faculty seems quite involved/dedicated within research and the profession! Plus it was nice that everyone seemed to know each other :( So, since we have 4 weeks (?) to deposit, I'm gonna wait and see!

Are you planning to move out to Ann Arbor? Or just commute from where you live now (such a long commute?!) haha.

Aw, still so excited for us hahaha :smug:. I wonder who else got in from our interview group!

Have you already interviewed at the other school? I got accepted to Wayne 2 days after the interview, but still have to turn them down. My interviews were so close that I will avoid losing a deposit:)

After nearly commuting into Boston for almost 7 years, this will be a breeze. I plan to drive, unless my husband decides to get a job in AA. He works about 30 miles in the opposite direction.

I also wish that we could find out who else got in from our group. They will probably start a Co 2018 FB page at some point. Good luck with the decision process!

Has anyone from the December 5th interview heard back yet? I could have sworn Mark Nelson said we'd receive a decision today and the suspense is killing me.

I haven't heard back yet either, but I think you are right in that we should find out today! The workday is coming to a close so maybe they are just getting everything together

Has anyone from the Dec.12 Interview received their formal admit letter yet? They said we would get it after the first of the new year but i havent gotten it yet...

I received the email saying my application was received on December 3 and got an interview invitation today for either Feb 6, 13, or 20 :)

My application was received the same day, December 3rd, still waiting for an invitation.

Holy guacamole I received an interview invite in March! From past experiences, would you say that there is still a chance at such a late interview? Looks like many of you guys are already accepted :unsure:.. (but I'm very :) for you!)

Holy guacamole I received an interview invite in March! From past experiences, would you say that there is still a chance at such a late interview? Looks like many of you guys are already accepted :unsure:.. (but I'm very :) for you!)
I got an interview as well! I'm going to choose the Feb 27th date.

I got an email saying my application was being put on hold and is going to be re-reviewed in mid-February. Has anyone else gotten this?

Has anyone been deferred yet? I interviewed last week and have yet to hear back.

How long should we wait to get a response from the school to confirm the interview date? I sent an email on Thursday night and have yet to receive anything to confirm the date.

How long should we wait to get a response from the school to confirm the interview date? I sent an email on Thursday night and have yet to receive anything to confirm the date.

When I received the email for the invitation I responded within a few hours. They sent me an email the next morning confirming everything, but it took a couple of days for them to send the detailed schedule.

They had a snow day today so that might have something to do with it?

When I received the email for the invitation I responded within a few hours. They sent me an email the next morning confirming everything, but it took a couple of days for them to send the detailed schedule.

They had a snow day today so that might have something to do with it?
Thanks for the info, didn't know they were closed today. I'll try shooting them a call in the morning since the deadline to reply passed already.

I would also check your spam folder for the past few days. I was in the same boat so I just looked back in my spam and found the confirmation email.

I would also check your spam folder for the past few days. I was in the same boat so I just looked back in my spam and found the confirmation email.
I just called Tammy Clark-Reed and it was accidentally not sent yet, but I received it a few minutes after I spoke with her.