University of Michigan MEDPREP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rainnramo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with University of Michigan's MEDPREP program? The one thing holding me back from strongly considering this program is Michigan's reputation of grade deflation. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any answers, but I'm also interested in this. Do medprep students take classes with undergraduates? Or do they take their own classes? Are there guaranteed linkages to UM med school if you get a certain GPA and MCAT score?

I've been in touch with the director and know the basics. Postbacs take classes with undergrads and are graded according to the same standards. Postbacs do have exclusive access to their "Foundations for Aspiring Physicians" course. Research and clinical experience are also obviously available and encouraged. No guaranteed linkages that I'm aware of. UMich will allow you to take upper levels in the event you've already fulfilled some reqs.

Where else are you looking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm. Have you heard anything about the program from its students? I know this is the first year but I'd like to know how everyone does before I test out a new program. Thanks for the info!

I'm looking at Bryn Mawr, Goucher, and UVA. What about you? I'm attracted to the linkages and the reputations of those programs. Michigan would be great but it would be nice if I could get a guaranteed acceptance to UM med school :)

Hello,

I'd like to follow-up on this thread - did either of you end up enrolling in Michigan's MEDPREP program? Why/why not? I would love to get your insight! Thank you.