University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted951073

So I've been using this website for a while now and it has been very useful and I want to share my experience and tell you how I got into pharmacy school at the university of Minnesota.
I don't have a bachelor's degree, I just did the prerequisites and ended up with a gpa of 3.8. After that I took the pcat in January of this year but didn't do great, I got 56%. Luckily the university of Minnesota doesn't have a minimum pcat score. I submitted my application in January and got an interview in February which went really well! In late March I heard back and I was waitlisted. I was #12 on the waitlist then I became #5 and then the list stopped moving.
When the application for 2020 opened in July, I was so ready to reapply. But I got an email from the university saying because I'm on the waitlist, I have two options: 1) to remain on the waitlist and if I don't get a spot this year, I defer my admission to next year and I will have to accept this school's offer ONLY and I have to be ok with whichever campus I get placed at (the university of Minnesota has two campuses, duluth and twin cities). 2) Get off the waitlist which allows me to reapply to this school and other schools as well and go through the entire admissions process again where admission is not guaranteed.
The university of Minnesota is the only school I applied to so I chose the first option and I will be starting school next year on the Duluth campus. I just thought I should share this with you because I've seen posts about people saying how hard it is to get into the university of Minnesota, but they do offer deferrals. So don't be too worried about it. I don't have the best resume and I had no pharmacy experience and I still got in. I don't want to sound religious here but there is only so much you can do and then comes God :)

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.