University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Early afternoon bump.

Surgery's tomorrow......:scared: :scared: :scared:

Good luck tomorrow. I know you are so excited to get this over with and to be healthy again. We will miss you!!!! Will you be an inpatient, if so how many days will you be admitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to let those who are on the waitlist for the OU-OKC campus know that I've declined my seat in the class. So those on the waitlist should move up one spot!

I just wanted to let those who are on the waitlist for the OU-OKC campus know that I've declined my seat in the class. So those on the waitlist should move up one spot!

Thank you for letting us know. Where did you decided to go?

Thank you for letting us know. Where did you decided to go?

Not a problem. I've decided that I will enjoy the next 4 years of my life in Charlotte,NC close to the beach and east coast at Wingate University's MBA/PharmD. program. It was a very difficult decision, but I'm certain that it's the right decision. Good Luck to you!

Not a problem. I've decided that I will enjoy the next 4 years of my life in Charlotte,NC close to the beach and east coast at Wingate University's MBA/PharmD. program. It was a very difficult decision, but I'm certain that it's the right decision. Good Luck to you!

Good luck to you. I know that you will be a success!

Good luck, Laosaint - enjoy the beach.

I have a question for those who are still waiting. Have you filled out a FAFSA yet? It could, conceivably, be a couple of months before we are accepted into the program (if at all) and the FAFSA filing process usually takes at least 6 weeks, if not more. I'm thinking about starting the process now so that I'm not pressed for time later on. You can always cancel your filing.

Any thoughts?

Good luck, Laosaint - enjoy the beach.

I have a question for those who are still waiting. Have you filled out a FAFSA yet? It could, conceivably, be a couple of months before we are accepted into the program (if at all) and the FAFSA filing process usually takes at least 6 weeks, if not more. I'm thinking about starting the process now so that I'm not pressed for time later on. You can always cancel your filing.

Any thoughts?

I have started mine. I am still waiting to get my parents info.

I called the school to verify that this was required even though I am divorced, 30 years old and a parent. They said it doesn't matter if you are 60years old. Without the parents information you are not eligible for the Health Proffessions Student Loan. This is what I got from the website

HEALTH PROFESSIONS STUDENT LOAN (HPSL)

Dental or pharmacy students. Applicants MUST provide parents' financial information on the FAFSA in order to be considered. Parental information is required for both dependent and independent students. Students may need to submit a copy of parents' tax return. Must be enrolled full-time. The interest on HPSL is 5% fixed interest beginning, along with principal repayment, 12 months following graduation. Interest and principal payments are deferred during internship/residency. Awards range up to $9000 per year.

I have started my fafsa...hopefully this act of Faith pays off. Has anyone heard any new news that could encourage us "waiters". Im still checking my email and mail everyday just praying for something. This thread has been so quiet the last couple of days...where is everyone?

Okay,

So as I have admitted I still check that application status site.

My checklist tab has changed. It now says

OUHSC Admission Checklist 2007
App Fee - Pharmacy $40.00 - Received on December 18, 2006
Pharmacy Application Fee - Received on December 18, 2006
Application - Completed on April 6, 2007

It used to say "need":idea:

I hope all went well yesterday. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.:biglove: :biglove: :biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay,

So as I have admitted I still check that application status site.

My checklist tab has changed. It now says

OUHSC Admission Checklist 2007
App Fee - Pharmacy $40.00 - Received on December 18, 2006
Pharmacy Application Fee - Received on December 18, 2006
Application - Completed on April 6, 2007

It used to say "need":idea:

I do not think this means anything but my status was also updated yesterday and it says my application fee was received on December 18, 2006 instead of need as well. :)

I do not think this means anything but my status was also updated yesterday and it says my application fee was received on December 18, 2006 instead of need as well. :)

Mine says the same thing. My dad was so kind to bring the laptop up here to the hospital so I could get my SDN fix. My surgery went well, they took out a foot long part of my small intestine and a baseball sized abcess. I have 3 small holes and one 5 inch long incision. I got up and walked around yesterday, which made me feel soooooo much better. Now I can get up and down by myself without help. I am on TPN feedings, and will hopefully get out Tuesday. Anyhoo, I guess no one else has heard anything???

About the FAFSA, I submitted mine back in January. Funding is first come, first served, so I got it in ASAP.

Hi, does anyone have any idea how many people get put on the hold list? Because I just got my letter friday and i'm an alternate...thanks!

Hi, does anyone have any idea how many people get put on the hold list? Because I just got my letter friday and i'm an alternate...thanks!

Did your letter say that you were an alternate or did it say that your application was put on hold?:) :)

Haha good question

This is what it exactly says: "Thank you for your interest in the University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy. The admissions committee is still evaluating the applicant pool and is not yet in a position to make a final decision about your candidacy at this time. Your status will be re-evaluate at a later date. "

So I guess my application is on hold?

Thanks!

Haha good question

This is what it exactly says: "Thank you for your interest in the University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy. The admissions committee is still evaluating the applicant pool and is not yet in a position to make a final decision about your candidacy at this time. Your status will be re-evaluate at a later date. "

So I guess my application is on hold?

Thanks!

Oh my!!! Poor thing. You just got the letter. Did you go crazy waiting?

I do know that there are 4-5 people on SDN that got the "hold" letter.

What campus did you request?

It's just confusing isnt it? I requested the OKC campus, but I wouldnt mind Tulsa because I'm from there. So any idea what that means...am I an alternate?

It's just confusing isnt it? I requested the OKC campus, but I wouldnt mind Tulsa because I'm from there. So any idea what that means...am I an alternate?

We don't know for sure, but what we believe is this: OU sent out an initial wave of acceptance letters a couple of weeks ago. Those people had 10 days from the date they received the letter to respond and get their deposit in. After all of these have been accounted for (whether the student accepts or declines admission), OU will have a better idea of how many seats remain to be filled. They will then re-evaluate those who were put on hold and send out additional acceptance letters.

Welcome back Megan - glad to hear your surgery went well!!!!

Thank you so much for the response everyone, and good luck to everyone!

How's everyone hanging in there? Any waiters here anything? Do you think it's too soon to email Jennifer Richardson for an update. I figured they should atleast know about the people who were supposed to have their money in by friday. LowGPA how's the baby? Cyclo how you feeling? Everyone else what have you been up too...this thread has been too quiet lately.

Here's an update...... I was doing great until yesterday. My largest incision starting oozing. This morning, I experienced the worst pain I have ever felt (I have given natural childbirth). My surgeon came in my room with 4 packs of gauze and a suture removal kit. I thought, "This can't be good" Anyway, he cut my incision open (without anything for pain) and drained it. Gag me with a fork. It was the worst pain EVER!!!!! I thought I was dying. Sorry for the rant, needed to get it out. I'll be in here a couple more days. :(

Oh, and BTW, about mmidway through this whole thing, he finally decided to push some morphine. I thought I was going to vomit everywhere.

How's everyone hanging in there? Any waiters here anything? Do you think it's too soon to email Jennifer Richardson for an update. I figured they should atleast know about the people who were supposed to have their money in by friday. LowGPA how's the baby? Cyclo how you feeling? Everyone else what have you been up too...this thread has been too quiet lately.

Did you e-mail Jennifer today? I am also wondering when or if they have started to evaluate the hold applicants.

Here's an update...... I was doing great until yesterday. My largest incision starting oozing. This morning, I experienced the worst pain I have ever felt (I have given natural childbirth). My surgeon came in my room with 4 packs of gauze and a suture removal kit. I thought, "This can't be good" Anyway, he cut my incision open (without anything for pain) and drained it. Gag me with a fork. It was the worst pain EVER!!!!! I thought I was dying. Sorry for the rant, needed to get it out. I'll be in here a couple more days. :(

Oh, and BTW, about mmidway through this whole thing, he finally decided to push some morphine. I thought I was going to vomit everywhere.

Ouch!!!! :( :( So do you have an infection?

What did you saw when he finally gave you morphine? Knowing you is must have been something smart:)

Hey everyone! No news yet...I emailed Jennifer Richardson so hopefully will hear from her soon. I will keep you all posted. Does anyone have any pointers on how to pass the time without making yourself go crazy worrying about if your in or not?

Haha yeah, I try to worry about finals and my grades at the moment. It seems to keep my brain off of pharmacy school.

I got a response back from Jennifer Richardson this morning. It really didn't have any new information... here is what she said:

Whatever final decisions are made regarding an application on hold will be communicated to the applicant when they are made. As stated previously, I do not have a timeframe at this point. I know everyone is anxious but we are still gathering information and I do not have any additional updates at this point. I will let you know once I have new information. Thanks--Jennifer

I guess we keep on waiting:(

I got a response back from Jennifer Richardson this morning. It really didn't have any new information... here is what she said:

Whatever final decisions are made regarding an application on hold will be communicated to the applicant when they are made. As stated previously, I do not have a timeframe at this point. I know everyone is anxious but we are still gathering information and I do not have any additional updates at this point. I will let you know once I have new information. Thanks--Jennifer

I guess we keep on waiting:(

Thanks for letting us know

So anyone have any predictions when we will possibly hear back from them?...Dont you like how vague they are with their answers:p

So anyone have any predictions when we will possibly hear back from them?...Dont you like how vague they are with their answers:p

I predict that some people will hear from OU in approximately two weeks. Again, this is just a prediction.:laugh:

I have been following this thread for a while now and decided to finally become a member. I interviewed on March 3rd and got my acceptance letter in the first batch of letters that went out. Congratulations to all who have already been accepted and good luck to those who are on the "wait list."

I have been following this thread for a while now and decided to finally become a member. I interviewed on March 3rd and got my acceptance letter in the first batch of letters that went out. Congratulations to all who have already been accepted and good luck to those who are on the "wait list."

Congrats on your acceptance! Which campus will you be going to?

Congrats on your acceptance...do you mind me asking what campus you are going too...also what were your stats?

Congrats again!!! With those stats you definately deserve your seat.

I got my financial aid award thingy in the mail. Lots off bbbiiiiiiggggg numbers. Made me want to throw up a little.....

I got my financial aid award thingy in the mail. Lots off bbbiiiiiiggggg numbers. Made me want to throw up a little.....

Did you go through fafsa? Hopefully the big number wasn't your efc:laugh:. How much did they offer if you don't mind my asking? I had to correct my fafsa, because I didn't put my parents info on their the first time. I did my original in february, and I made my correction last week. Hopefully this doesn't hurt me considering how the money is first come first serve.

Nevermind. I got mine too!

hey megan, found a place in the BA yet?

Hey guys I got something from the financial aid office...but I havent been accepted yet. That letter is not any indication that I was accepted into pharm school right?

Hey guys I got something from the financial aid office...but I havent been accepted yet. That letter is not any indication that I was accepted into pharm school right?

I'm not sure, but it sounds good. Is the letter offering you money? You'd think they would let you know your status before offering you money, but who knows:confused: Here is some luck for you:luck:

Any ou football fans out there buying season tickets?

Well they havent offered me money, they just requested more info to finish the processing...but I dont know. However, I did buy my student tickets already. If I dont get in I can go at least to a few OU games to cheer me up lol! Thanks for the luck!

Well they havent offered me money, they just requested more info to finish the processing...but I dont know. However, I did buy my student tickets already. If I dont get in I can go at least to a few OU games to cheer me up lol! Thanks for the luck!

I'm guessing you already did your fafsa? When did you submit it?

I received a financial aid letter showing how much money on loans I could get, if I was accepted. I filled out the fafsa before I found out I wasn't accepted. Sorry, Just thought I would let you guys know. It does look like they wouldn't offer you money before you have been accepted but I guess not, probably because it is a different office.

Yeah thats what I thought, thanks for the input. I submitted my Fafsa in either late february or early march.