University of Pittusburgh Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairyqueen

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any notification on their application status after applying to UPitt?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received any notification on their application status after applying to UPitt?

are you applying to pittsburg ?? am thinking not to..is it a good school can u share ur stats ..it has only 4 seats ?? UMDNJ do u know the cut off the scores cuz my scores are super low both part1 and 2 ..the fee is 250$ ..with my stats part 1 79 part2 78 toefl 95 some research n observership in states..should i apply to BU ??advice needed thank you

are you applying to pittsburg ?? am thinking not to..is it a good school can u share ur stats ..it has only 4 seats ?? UMDNJ do u know the cut off the scores cuz my scores are super low both part1 and 2 ..the fee is 250$ ..with my stats part 1 79 part2 78 toefl 95 some research n observership in states..should i apply to BU ??advice needed thank you
if i were you, I would apply everywhere wherever i am eligible and clear their requirements.. i would just not decide basis on TRENDS of people on SDN telling which scores are decent or non decent.. If you qualify for them on paper , go and apply, they would call you for interview if you qualify....perform your best in bench test...why wasting time....

Members don't see this ad :)
if i were you, I would apply everywhere wherever i am eligible and clear their requirements.. i would just not decide basis on TRENDS of people on SDN telling which scores are decent or non decent.. If you qualify for them on paper , go and apply, they would call you for interview if you qualify....perform your best in bench test...why wasting time....

truee what u saying makes sense ..they asked for a mini mum of 80 .. still shuld i apply ???

truee what u saying makes sense ..they asked for a mini mum of 80 .. still shuld i apply ???
email your stats to them, to ask if they can waive that for you...or call them up....

I am having a hard time sending them my TOEFL score report. I requested online through ETS on June 16th. They didn't get it until yesterday. Not sure what is taking so long. ETS says that they have dispatched it.

hi i hv my part 1 scores above 80 but nt part 2 so shud i giv it a try or its waste of money?

I am having a hard time sending them my TOEFL score report. I requested online through ETS on June 16th. They didn't get it until yesterday. Not sure what is taking so long. ETS says that they have dispatched it.

Toothfairy - Did you get a application completion message from them? If yes, any idea about how many days after you sent your TOEFL score report?

Toothfairy - Did you get a application completion message from them? If yes, any idea about how many days after you sent your TOEFL score report?
not yet. My scores have to still reach them, rest is done.

applied to u ofpittsburg, but didnot heaed from them yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they need 4 rec. letters ? One from dean and 3 from dental school faculty only?
Please do reply.

Do they need 4 rec. letters ? One from dean and 3 from dental school faculty only?
Please do reply.

Yes they require 4 letters. 1 from dean and 3 from dental school faculty.
I called them and confirmed with them that since I have already sent 3 through CAAPID, I mailed them just the 4th one.
I didn't ask if it can be from anyone other than faculty.

Thanks for the reply SentiDental. I have one of the letters sent to CAAPID from a dental practitioner in US and not faculty. So that means i will have to get 2 more letters from faculty to apply.
People who have received completion mail did you all have 4 faculty letters?

Please help !

Yes they require 4 letters. 1 from dean and 3 from dental school faculty.
I called them and confirmed with them that since I have already sent 3 through CAAPID, I mailed them just the 4th one.
I didn't ask if it can be from anyone other than faculty.

Hello all
I received the application completion email only when I asked them if my application was complete.
And I did not send 4 recommendations..just 3
I am worried if I should reconfirm the completion of my application.

Is it in Temple University?

No, I think you got mixed up. They are two diff universities. Temple Univ is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. And Univ of Pittsburgh is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

No, I think you got mixed up. They are two diff universities. Temple Univ is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. And Univ of Pittsburgh is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
I did mix them up. Thank you !

Did anyone received any updates or IV calls from University of Pittsburgh ??? Its been a while since I received my application complete & under review on Sept 29 and have no updates as off now. Any information is appreciated , thanks !!!

nothing at all..they do not reply to any email nor do they answer the phone..i am really pissed of with them somehow.

nothing at all..they do not reply to any email nor do they answer the phone..i am really pissed of with them somehow.

I could catch hold of Ms Mangold last week or so, she told that now someone else is dealing with the advanced standing program so it will be Early to Mid January 2012 unless we hear anything...
Hope that helps, Thanks !!!!!

Received interview invite from University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine this morning. The interview date will be given somewhere in Jan after the acceptance of the invite.
The online last yr first professional DMD program only mentioned 1 international student. Thus anyone with any information is highly appreciated; also I wanted to be sure between the differences of DMD & DDS degrees ????? Thanks for your insight !!!

congratulations to you..
hey did you contact anyone to know the status of your application...i mean if the person incharge of the advanced stnding has changed..whom should we contact for the information on application and stuff.

I just received an e-mail from office of admissions, I didn't contacted them recently....... You might contact at the number given on their website.....

My stats part 1 -84, Part 2- 81, TOEFL - 100, Dental GPA 3.9, MPH GPA 3.7 and respectable work experience/voluntarily work in my home country and in US....

Do you have any idea how is the program & abt the school ?? Thanks !!!

guys, is it true that Univ of Pittsburgh offers acceptance for only one year and you have to reapply for the second year ?

I just received an e-mail from office of admissions, I didn't contacted them recently....... You might contact at the number given on their website.....

My stats part 1 -84, Part 2- 81, TOEFL - 100, Dental GPA 3.9, MPH GPA 3.7 and respectable work experience/voluntarily work in my home country and in US....

Do you have any idea how is the program & abt the school ?? Thanks !!!
I think its a nice program. I mean I have heard great things about U. of pittsburgh so I guess that the dental program should be great.
So when do you interview there.
And its very difficult to contact them somehow. No one responds back to the emails or answers the fone given in the CAAPID site.

I think its a nice program. I mean I have heard great things about U. of pittsburgh so I guess that the dental program should be great.
So when do you interview there.
And its very difficult to contact them somehow. No one responds back to the emails or answers the fone given in the CAAPID site.

412-648-8437- This is the number on their website on which I contacted.... Concerned person Mr. Rhonda Matthews. Hope this helps, thanks !!!!

Received interview invite from University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine this morning. The interview date will be given somewhere in Jan after the acceptance of the invite.
The online last yr first professional DMD program only mentioned 1 international student. Thus anyone with any information is highly appreciated; also I wanted to be sure between the differences of DMD & DDS degrees ????? Thanks for your insight !!!

So finally its Jan 13, any one else interviewing the same date ?????

hi..congrats for the interview.i also got an invitation for 13th jan.

Thanks for your message. Actually was wondering do we have a bench test or its gonna be just a formal interview?? The website says there will be bench exam but nothing is mentioned in the e-mail, except the time and location.... Do you have some update or other details ?? pl let me know, Thanks !!!

Thanks for your message. Actually was wondering do we have a bench test or its gonna be just a formal interview?? The website says there will be bench exam but nothing is mentioned in the e-mail, except the time and location.... Do you have some update or other details ?? pl let me know, Thanks !!!
yeah i was a bit confused too regarding that,,,but i think its not there this time..even though the website says..if it was there they would have asked for 100 $. because long time back ma friend applied there and he was sent all the details about the bench exam...but now we can just reconfirm after 2nd jan..if u have any updates just pm me.

What teeth are used in their bench test Kilgore or Columbia ?!

Last edited:
Can someone plz share their interview experience at the Pittsburgh university

IV call already? thats cool.i received app complete email yest(again.. had received one in June).
when is the IV?

I got an iv today in the morning. Nothing specific was mentioned in the mail. I have no clue abiut what will be asked. The iv is on the 21st if oct.

Could u plz share ur stats.

Thanks