Program-Specific Info / Q's UNIVERSITY OF PUGET SOUND MOT FALL 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CA2WAGIRL

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello anyone who is applying or has applied to UPS to start in August 2018! Let's communicate how things are going here :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello anyone who is applying or has applied to UPS to start in August 2018! Let's communicate how things are going here :)
I am applying! I have not yet because I am trying to be meticulous about my personal statement for them!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied as well! I saw over on gradcafe some folks from last year posting acceptances on Feb 2nd by phone call.. so could be right around the corner. The waiting is so hard!

I applied as well! I saw over on gradcafe some folks from last year posting acceptances on Feb 2nd by phone call.. so could be right around the corner. The waiting is so hard!

Good to know!
The wait is too long.

Are you from the pnw?

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Yes! I live in WA and would like to stay in the pnw if at all possible. Are you as well?
That's awesome. I'm actually from Philadelphia but it's where my coparent is from and his parents live in Bellevue. The idea is to move there for school and for them to be more involved in his life.

That's awesome. I'm actually from Philadelphia but it's where my coparent is from and his parents live in Bellevue. The idea is to move there for school and for them to be more involved in his life.

Sent from my Pixel using

Nice, I hope it works out for you guys! I'm originally from the east coast as well. Where else are you applying?

Nice, I hope it works out for you guys! I'm originally from the east coast as well. Where else are you applying?
Thanks I applied to all the Philly schools except u sciences and salus and then puget and UW, stanbridge, Touro and Midwestern. How about you?

Thanks I applied to all the Philly schools except u sciences and salus and then puget and UW, stanbridge, Touro and Midwestern. How about you?

Sent from my Pixel using

Wow, that is a lot of schools, nice work! I've only applied to UPS, UW, Pacific, and University of Utah. Also, I emailed Dr. Nakamura yesterday and he confirmed that decisions will be made by mid-Feb. Good luck everybody!

I only applied to UPS and EWU. I have an interview with EWU in a few weeks but I have children and they don’t want to move 6 hours away. I’m really hoping I get accepted into UPS. But I want to be an OT so a temporary move is okay with me :). The wait is unbearable.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only applied to UPS and EWU. I have an interview with EWU in a few weeks but I have children and they don’t want to move 6 hours away. I’m really hoping I get accepted into UPS. But I want to be an OT so a temporary move is okay with me :). The wait is unbearable.
I have a child as well. I feel your pain. We got this! Maybe I'll see you at ups :)

Wow, that is a lot of schools, nice work! I've only applied to UPS, UW, Pacific, and University of Utah. Also, I emailed Dr. Nakamura yesterday and he confirmed that decisions will be made by mid-Feb. Good luck everybody!
That's so soon!

That's so soon!

Sent from my Pixel using

So soon and yet so far! Haha. Really impressed with you guys who are tackling OT school with little ones. Here's hoping we all hear good news in the coming weeks!:)

I also applied too! I only applied locally, so here and UW as well. It's risky since I don't have a lot of options but fingers crossed.

I’m obsessively checking this post daily to see when people start getting calls! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to UPS for PT school and am anxiously waiting to hear as well. I spoke with one of the advisors and he said we should be hearing in the next two weeks

UPS is the only school I applied to, so I am mega stressed!

I applied to UPS for PT school and am anxiously waiting to hear as well. I spoke with one of the advisors and he said we should be hearing in the next two weeks

UPS is the only school I applied to, so I am mega stressed!
We got this!!!

PT is starting to hear back, so we might be hearing back soon too?

I’m waiting for the PT side but man, it’s brutal!

We got this. Just be patient a little while longer, friends

Sent from my Pixel using
Yes! Totally a lesson in patience. All the best to everyone else who is waiting...

Just got an acceptance call from UPS today!! So excited! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
What were your volunteer hours?
Great job on your stats :)
Thank you!! I had about 100 shadow hours, worked as a CNA for a year and now since September I’ve been a Rehab Aide in an Acute Therapy and Inpatient Rehab setting.

From Washington!
So exciting for you! I wonder if today was the first day of calling with decisions. Hopefully the rest of this feed gets some positive news, too!

I had:
162 hours combined hours in pediatric outpatient OT, a pediatric feeding group, an elementary school, and adult/geriatric acute care/in patient care.

I had a 3.9 GPA
And 4.0 in prerequisites (but the second half of A&P is still in progress, although it is also a 4.0)

My GRE could have been better:
V-152 Q-145 A-5.0

But I didn’t get a call so I’m assuming that means I wasn’t selected.

I had:
162 hours combined hours in pediatric outpatient OT, a pediatric feeding group, an elementary school, and adult/geriatric acute care/in patient care.

I had a 3.9 GPA
And 4.0 in prerequisites (but the second half of A&P is still in progress, although it is also a 4.0)

My GRE could have been better:
V-152 Q-145 A-5.0

But I didn’t get a call so I’m assuming that means I wasn’t selected.
Hey, stay positive, OTRex! Those are great stats! I'm sure there are more calls coming and maybe some spots offered won't be taken. It's possible the above poster applied before us and they are reviewing apps in the order they received them. Either way, positive vibes. We got this!

Hey, stay positive, OTRex! Those are great stats! I'm sure there are more calls coming and maybe some spots offered won't be taken. It's possible the above poster applied before us and they are reviewing apps in the order they received them. Either way, positive vibes. We got this!

Thanks! That would be awesome if they were still making calls tomorrow too. Since I’m still finishing A&P II I know it’s a long shot this year but I wanted to try anyway. At the very least, I will be a strong 2019 candidate :)

Thanks! That would be awesome if they were still making calls tomorrow too. Since I’m still finishing A&P II I know it’s a long shot this year but I wanted to try anyway. At the very least, I will be a strong 2019 candidate :)
I finished a&p II and I haven't heard back either. I wouldn't credit that as the reason. 2018 is still possible.

I got a phone call today with an acceptance from UPS! Fingers crossed that everyone here gets some good news too!!

awesome! what is your top choice?
I am actually still pretty uncertain... I have not visited UPS yet so I'll likely attend their next program info session to gain some perspective.

I am actually still pretty uncertain... I have not visited UPS yet so I'll likely attend their next program info session to gain some perspective.
It’s a very beautiful campus! You’ll love it.

What were your stats?
Public Health Major+Disability Studies Minor
Undergrad GPA: 3.7
Pre-req GPA: 3.7-3.9 depending on program
GRE: 160 V, 160 Q, 4.0 W
Volunteer hours: A little over 200 OT hours accumulated at 5 different settings (4 outpatient and 1 inpatient), 100 extra hours in outpatient PT
Plus a jumble of extracurriculars and part time jobs, nothing crazy, just a diverse mix of things.

Public Health Major+Disability Studies Minor
Undergrad GPA: 3.7
Pre-req GPA: 3.7-3.9 depending on program
GRE: 160 V, 160 Q, 4.0 W
Volunteer hours: A little over 200 OT hours accumulated at 5 different settings (4 outpatient and 1 inpatient), 100 extra hours in outpatient PT
Plus a jumble of extracurriculars and part time jobs, nothing crazy, just a diverse mix of things.
Congrats! Awesome stats!

I got the call today too!!! I had really almost given up hope yesterday, so don't worry if you haven't heard. It seems like they're spreading out the calls instead of making them all at once! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users