University of Southern California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No I was wondering the same thing they said it would take 3-4 weeks and its already been 4 weeks :/
I just got my acceptance a few hours ago today!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
woohoo! got my acceptance today too! through e-mail

For whose just got accepted, do you mind sharing your stat? Thank you!!

overall GPA: 3.79, science: 3.77, non-science: 3.90, math: 3.58
1+ year of retail pharmacy. treasurer of a club at school. and various volunteers here and there.

3.45 overall 3.51 science, 1 year of retail pharmacy, 1.5 year research experience with publication, 800+ hours of volunteer in hospital clinics

For whose just got accepted, do you mind sharing your stat? Thank you!!

Overall: 3.66
Science: 3.58
Non-science: 3.83
Math: 3.43

NO pharmacy experience; hospital volunteer experience; Teach for America NY.

Congrats to those who got accepted!! Are you guys gonna place the $500 deposit?

Overall: 3.66
Science: 3.58
Non-science: 3.83
Math: 3.43

NO pharmacy experience; hospital volunteer experience; Teach for America NY.
I think the real question is are you single??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any tips on finding housing?

Hi guys, did you receive an email back from USC after you confirmed your interview invitation?

So... this school hasn't contacted me since the submission of my supplemental and pharmcas. Is this the case for you guys as well? I haven't even received an e-mail confirming that my application has been reviewed :/ I read in other threads, because I'm such an SDN lurker, that USC doesn't communicate as much as the other pharm schools, but I was wondering if anyone who submitted later in the application cycle heard anything from them?

thank you for replying back. I sent back the confirmation email right after they sent me the invitation ([email protected]), but I haven't received a receipt yet. I sent them emails twice already, maybe I should call them?

So does anyone know how many people got put on active consideration from the nov 9 interview and how many people got accepted? I know it's hard to get in from the November interview so that means us people for the January interview will be going up against 150 people from this interview and like 130 more people who got put on ac from the first interview right? Someone answer me please I'm stressing :( Someone answer me

Someone said in the first page of this thread that about 30 people get accepted and the rest are put on AC from the Nov interview.

So... this school hasn't contacted me since the submission of my supplemental and pharmcas. Is this the case for you guys as well? I haven't even received an e-mail confirming that my application has been reviewed :/ I read in other threads, because I'm such an SDN lurker, that USC doesn't communicate as much as the other pharm schools, but I was wondering if anyone who submitted later in the application cycle heard anything from them?
I haven't heard anything either. :/

I haven't heard from USC either.

To those who already have had the interview invitation, roughly how long before the interview date did you receive your invitation? I know it varies, but I just want a rough estimation. I'm not sure they will still send out invitations for the Jan 25 interview because it's only 3 weeks away. I guess I'll put my hope on the March 8 one then.

Oh anyone has got the invitation for March 8 yet????

Hi everyone.

@Pharm3110 I got the interview email on October 23 for the November 9th interview, with the acceptance following on December 5th following roughly a month after that. I think most of you guys eagerly awaiting a response from USC should expect an interview invitation sometime in the middle of next week!

As for the number of people who got accepted off of the first round of interviews; in my small sample of friends who applied, including me, 5 have already been accepted. This leads me to believe that they probably accepted more than 30 people in the first round this year because I seriously doubt I know ~17% of the people that got in already ;)

If i submitted my supplemental on the day of the deadline, I most likely won't get the Jan 25th interview...right? lol. I scheduled another interview for another school on the 25th and I'm wondering if that was a mistake? Hm.

Seems really quiet in here... only 2 people on SDN got interviews for Jan 25th? lol

Seems really quiet in here... only 2 people on SDN got interviews for Jan 25th? lol

I have a friend that received an interview invite for the 25th. Probably a lot of readers but not many posters.

I'll be there on the 25th to answer questions any of you may have about the school :)

I have a friend that received an interview invite for the 25th. Probably a lot of readers but not many posters.

I'll be there on the 25th to answer questions any of you may have about the school :)
Hmmm I was really hoping for an interview in jan :/ looks like they've already sent out their interviews for this month. Cross your fingers everyone else waiting for march!!

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow.

How did interviews go today? This thread is so quiet compared to previous years lol

Almost 13,000 views. Lurkers... make an account and post haha

Last edited:
I agree. 2018 doesn't seem to be posting too much compared to the last 2 years.

Aside from that, I thought everyone I met was great today. Definitely excited to see the last group of people in March!

FYI: I just found out today that the interview weight between professor and student is 50/50! So the interviewees should make sure to acknowledge both!

For those of you who have been accepted and decided to go to USC, did you guys start a FaceBook class of 2018 group yet? It's a MUST!! ;)

I agree. 2018 doesn't seem to be posting too much compared to the last 2 years.

Aside from that, I thought everyone I met was great today. Definitely excited to see the last group of people in March!

FYI: I just found out today that the interview weight between professor and student is 50/50! So the interviewees should make sure to acknowledge both!

For those of you who have been accepted and decided to go to USC, did you guys start a FaceBook class of 2018 group yet? It's a MUST!! ;)
I want to go here so bad!!!!!!!!! I still haven't heard anything from them though :/ and yes I agree! This thread is all quiet :( I probably contributed 1K views just from myself lol I tend to go on this...... A LOT.

I wish everyone the best who interviewed today!! :)

I had a good time at interviews yesterday. Everyone I talked to was really friendly and funny and the essay prompt was super interesting. Unfortunately, there was not a tour or presentation about the program so I had a lot of my questions answered during my interview. Also, I would recommend bringing a small snack or a bottle of water since those were not provided and, being in the lunchtime group, we were pretty much starving and ready to leave as soon as the essay part was over. Good luck, everyone!

Just out of curiosity... Does anyone know if USC has even sent out any rejections yet - or are they all coming in march?

I feel like not many people have had much contact with USC.. Lol

Just out of curiosity... Does anyone know if USC has even sent out any rejections yet - or are they all coming in march?

I feel like not many people have had much contact with USC.. Lol

USC puts everyone on active consideration to look at the candidates in the second or third round. In 3 to 4 weeks the January group should get an email AND the November group will get reevaluated. At that time, some will get rejection letters and most will still stay on active consideration. Only the real mess ups get immediate rejection letters.

200/450~ about a 50% chance of getting in. (rounding up for those who did not show up or chose a different school )

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

I interviewed on Saturday and I think everything went well. The professor I interviewed with was very nice and it really was like a conversation...pretty relaxed.

So I haven't heard anything from USC yet. I applied in October and got an email saying they had all my application materials, but have received nothing since then. I am starting to get worried. Should I email them or just wait it out?

accepted for the 11/9 interview. however i'm still not sure where i want to go. for current and future students, i was wondering what were some things that convinced you to attend usc? Thanks

accepted for the 11/9 interview. however i'm still not sure where i want to go. for current and future students, i was wondering what were some things that convinced you to attend usc? Thanks
Congrats!! What were your stats?

So I haven't heard anything from USC yet. I applied in October and got an email saying they had all my application materials, but have received nothing since then. I am starting to get worried. Should I email them or just wait it out?

There is still one more interview slot, which will consist of 150 candidates.

You definitely shouldn't call them. I'm sure they're going to inform everyone in a few weeks. Their last interview date is march 8th. I'm assuming a lot of people are in the same boat as you (I'm one also) . So don't feel alone!! Lol

Same here. I'm waiting it out

I haven't heard a thing either. It's only a month away from the last interview. I hope we all will hear something by next week or so.

Truth about USC from a former student's perspective:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...the-truth-no-one-will-tell-you-about.1052814/

Don't be completely shocked about the reality of this program. I wish someone had warned me before I decided to attend

To sum up:
-way too expensive. better programs are out there that are cheaper, it wasn't worth it when it was in the 30,000/yr and definitely not worth it now in the mid-40,000/yr
-students' voice is not heard