Program-Specific Info / Q's University of St. Augustine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BadgerGirl22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into the MOT program at USA. I was just wondering if anyone on here goes there now (any of the campuses), will be attending soon, or are planning on applying? If you go there, do you like it? What has your experience been like? Pros & Cons? Any info would be helpful!

Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I will be attending the Florida campus in the fall!! I was VERY impressed when I toured and went for my interview. I applied in October, we'll before the deadline, and did not hear anything from them until my interview invitation that came in the beginning of February. Everyone who I spoke with throughout the process was very informative and helpful. I did my shadowing with an OT/hand therapist who attended the Florida campus and she had nothing but positive things to say about the program and professors. She spoke so highly of the program, which influenced me to apply there and was eventually a factor in my decision to attend!!

It is a little more expensive than the other programs I was considering, but I believe that the experience and education will be worth the money spent. Also their pass rates are high, something to always keep in mind

I will be attending the Florida campus in the fall!! I was VERY impressed when I toured and went for my interview. I applied in October, we'll before the deadline, and did not hear anything from them until my interview invitation that came in the beginning of February. Everyone who I spoke with throughout the process was very informative and helpful. I did my shadowing with an OT/hand therapist who attended the Florida campus and she had nothing but positive things to say about the program and professors. She spoke so highly of the program, which influenced me to apply there and was eventually a factor in my decision to attend!!

It is a little more expensive than the other programs I was considering, but I believe that the experience and education will be worth the money spent. Also their pass rates are high, something to always keep in mind
I'll see you there!!! I got accepted for this summer term :) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in love with USA. I just got accepted to the florida campus for summer and everything i hear about them is great. i do know it's faster paced since it's only 2 years so it'll be hard. i also worked with an OT who went there and said they really do prepare you for the real world. i also love the smaller class sizes!

Hey for those of you who recently had an interview can you give me some tips please! I have an interview at the FL campus for the MOT program in two weeks! Thanks in advance!

Sure! It's a a group interview with one or two other applicants and one faculty member. Research common OT interview questions and practice some answers. I prepared answers to about 20 questions ahead of time to feel a little more confident. Don't be afraid to interact with the other applicants during the interview (just don't interrupt them during an answer). Also don't forget to have one or two thoughtful questions prepared to ask the interviewer at the end. I googled for ideas and reflected in what was important for me to know about the program (make sure you don't ask anything you find out during the earlier presentations or from their website).

All in all, the interview seems like they just want to make sure you're not totally ill suited to interacting with people; like knowing the difference between being assertive vs. being aggressive. I know it seems hard but try to relax. My interviewer didn't really write anything down, so my impression was that it was either a yes or a no, instead of a scoring system.

Hey for those of you who recently had an interview can you give me some tips please! I have an interview at the FL campus for the MOT program in two weeks! Thanks in advance!

Sure! It's a a group interview with one or two other applicants and one faculty member. Research common OT interview questions and practice some answers. I prepared answers to about 20 questions ahead of time to feel a little more confident. Don't be afraid to interact with the other applicants during the interview (just don't interrupt them during an answer). Also don't forget to have one or two thoughtful questions prepared to ask the interviewer at the end. I googled for ideas and reflected in what was important for me to know about the program (make sure you don't ask anything you find out during the earlier presentations or from their website).

All in all, the interview seems like they just want to make sure you're not totally ill suited to interacting with people; like knowing the difference between being assertive vs. being aggressive. I know it seems hard but try to relax. My interviewer didn't really write anything down, so my impression was that it was either a yes or a no, instead of a scoring system.
Thanks so much for your response I appreciate it! Did you have to write an essay as well? I've been getting a lot of mixed messages from this forum so I figured I would ask you!

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. No essay on site. Just the regular one I submitted with the application. Might vary from location to location though

Have you heard anything yet. I was wait listed and not sure exactly what to expect. I suppose that is better than being rejexted.

I just applied for the Flex Program coming up Spring 2017. I'm pretty excited.

Nope. No essay on site. Just the regular one I submitted with the application. Might vary from location to location though

Is there a fb group for mot students for incoming Fall 2016?! If so, do you mind telling me the name of the group! Thank you in advanced!

Yea, there is! University of St Augustine Fall 2016. It includes PT students as well.
Is there a fb group for mot students for incoming Fall 2016?! If so, do you mind telling me the name of the group! Thank you in advanced!