Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT2Be17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone else who has applied to Toledo, is your application summary showing receipt of any of your letters of recommendations or transcripts? I submitted everything by like the 17th of August and I don't know if it just takes time to put that in the computer or if I should call.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted on August 26th and mine doesn't show up yet either. I contacted them since I wasn't sure if I needed to do something else and they said everything will be ported over from OTCAS by the graduate school (NOT the OT program) and then it'll be released to the OT program. They also said that graduate admissions is receiving a high number of calls and emails and are really busy right now. I think it's just taking a while right now.

I submitted on August 26th and mine doesn't show up yet either. I contacted them since I wasn't sure if I needed to do something else and they said everything will be ported over from OTCAS by the graduate school (NOT the OT program) and then it'll be released to the OT program. They also said that graduate admissions is receiving a high number of calls and emails and are really busy right now. I think it's just taking a while right now.
That makes me feel way better, thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just about to submit mine tonight. Just curious, what did you think of the supplemental essays? An OT that I shadowed (here in Toledo) said the writing sample is very important to admissions. I feel kind of confident with it, but at the same time I don't know if I fully addressed the philosophy/curriculum design question.

I'm just about to submit mine tonight. Just curious, what did you think of the supplemental essays? An OT that I shadowed (here in Toledo) said the writing sample is very important to admissions. I feel kind of confident with it, but at the same time I don't know if I fully addressed the philosophy/curriculum design question.

It...was more challenging than the OTCAS personal statement. I think that I managed to make mine sound good, but I wasn't as satisfied with it as the OTCAS one. I know that if I waited though, I would just keep ripping it apart further and further and it wouldn't sound better! I'm sure you did fine! I felt the same about the philosophy and curriculum design question. I talked about it in a few paragraphs, then mentioned a few things throughout the rest of the paper when I was talking about why I chose their program. I really hope it's enough, and they like it, because Toledo is my top choice!

I feel the same way! I kept nitpicking over details but decided to be done because of the rolling admissions policy; I just wanted to get it in early. It's my top choice too. I'm pretty sure there are 20 spots in the program, but does anyone know how many applications they receive?

Has anyone heard anything yet? My application status has changed to "Complete Awaiting Decision" and I'm curious if anyone has any idea how long it's taking to make those decisions? Thanks! :)

Has anyone heard anything yet? My application status has changed to "Complete Awaiting Decision" and I'm curious if anyone has any idea how long it's taking to make those decisions? Thanks! :)
Mine says they still haven't received my college transcripts but they've gotten everything else... was that the last thing they put in for you? You only sent your transcripts to OTCAS right?

Mine says they still haven't received my college transcripts but they've gotten everything else... was that the last thing they put in for you? You only sent your transcripts to OTCAS right?

I just submitted them to OTCAS....When was your OTCAS application verified? Maybe that has something to do with it?

I just submitted them to OTCAS....When was your OTCAS application verified? Maybe that has something to do with it?
Everything was submitted (letters of rec and transcripts) by the 23rd, maybe I'll call to double check that it's all okay. They didn't start putting in my letters of rec and everything until yesterday (the 7th).
Good luck though!!

@OTledo have you been fully verified yet?
My OTCAS application has been verified. But application status on UT's webpage says "Incomplete" and shows no evidence that they've received my OTCAS application :( I'm starting to get nervous. I emailed the college of graduate studies about it last night, but still haven't heard back.

Application status just changed to "Complete- Awaiting decision" today :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhhh oh my gosh I don't know why it's saying they still haven't done my transcripts yet!! I'm worried something happened to them or something if that's even possible

I just found out I've been accepted!! I'm so happy!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats OTledo!!! Are you planning on attending?!

I forgot to post on here that I was accepted as well!! I found out September 14, so it looks like they are letting people know in waves!

Congrats OTledo!!! Are you planning on attending?!

I forgot to post on here that I was accepted as well!! I found out September 14, so it looks like they are letting people know in waves!
Congrats to you too! I do plan on attending. I may apply to Rush and Ohio State just to keep my options open... But Toledo is my top choice for many reasons and it would be hard to choose another school over it. How about you?

Congrats to you too! I do plan on attending. I may apply to Rush and Ohio State just to keep my options open... But Toledo is my top choice for many reasons and it would be hard to choose another school over it. How about you?

I'm definitely attending!! I've already paid the deposit and signed and mailed my letter of intent. I understand what you're saying- I applied to 10 schools so it's weird knowing that I'm not even going to be seeing what happens with several of them, but Toledo is really my top choice. I did get an interview invitation at two other schools so far, and one other acceptance, but it doesn't make sense to go through more interviews when this was absolutely the program I would have chosen in the end anyway, you know?

I saw on another post that you went to Toledo for undergrad, do you mind if I private message you with a few questions about the area and things you've seen/heard about the program? I'm about 30 miles north of Detroit in Michigan (so about 1 hour 45 minutes from Toledo) so I'm close, but admittedly don't know a lot about the city.

I'm definitely attending!! I've already paid the deposit and signed and mailed my letter of intent. I understand what you're saying- I applied to 10 schools so it's weird knowing that I'm not even going to be seeing what happens with several of them, but Toledo is really my top choice. I did get an interview invitation at two other schools so far, and one other acceptance, but it doesn't make sense to go through more interviews when this was absolutely the program I would have chosen in the end anyway, you know?

I saw on another post that you went to Toledo for undergrad, do you mind if I private message you with a few questions about the area and things you've seen/heard about the program? I'm about 30 miles north of Detroit in Michigan (so about 1 hour 45 minutes from Toledo) so I'm close, but admittedly don't know a lot about the city.

Definitely! Send me a message. I was born and raised here so I know this city (and surrounding areas) very well.

How long was it between being 'completed-awaiting decision' and where a decision was made???