Unmatched Graduates Liabilty Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chober

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any other unmatched graduates out there having difficulties visiting programs due to lack of liabilty insurance? Anyone know who may provide insurance at a reasonable rate?

Members don't see this ad.

You shouldn't have any problems visiting programs. You probably will not be able to treat/touch any patients, scrub into any surgeries, etc (amongst other things done as a student). Some might let you observe in OR depending on their HIPPA policies. But you should at least be able to meet the director, residents, see the facility, etc if nothing else. At least the program will know that you're interested.

I had no problems visiting any programs that I was interested in. However, you may run into programs that may only allow that current year's graduates to visit. As far as liability insurance, I don't know of any sources.

Of course you can't do an entire month at a program but you should at least be able to visit for a 1-3 days, I would think without insurance. I didn't have any problems and I was visiting in several different states. If you let the programs know upfront you're a previous grad then they know how to deal with you coming in. They will let you know what you can and can't do when you come to visit.

Last edited: