Unprofessionalism by Dental School faculty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jakstatkin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing this thread to find out whether there are other dental students out there in other schools who have encountered gross displays of unprofessionalism by the dental school faculty. I am still going through my first year at dental school but to be honest the one thing I am most surprised about is the lack of respect shown to students by certain faculty members and the "suck it up" attitude students are told to have. I just don't understand how it is acceptable for faculty members to be rude, overly demanding, and condescending when students are going out on a limb to pay exorbitant tuition costs. Are there other students out there who have experienced the same?

Members don't see this ad.

I am writing this thread to find out whether there are other dental students out there in other schools who have encountered gross displays of unprofessionalism by the dental school faculty. I am still going through my first year at dental school but to be honest the one thing I am most surprised about is the lack of respect shown to students by certain faculty members and the "suck it up" attitude students are told to have. I just don't understand how it is acceptable for faculty members to be rude, overly demanding, and condescending when students are going out on a limb to pay exorbitant tuition costs. Are there other students out there who have experienced the same?

Look, with respect to the attitude shown by the faculty--Deal with it. For one, a lot of these folks are not really good teachers; they become faculty either because they are too old to practice, not very good at practicing, or want to power-trip. A lot of them also have 'old-boy' mentalities whereby they regard themselves as something like drill sargeants; until you show them that you got what it takes, you are just a road kill. I actually don't have much problems with faculty like these. The easiest and best thing to do is to keep your mouth shut, do what you are told to do, learn as much as you can, and earn your stripes and get the degree. Dental school is really just a game, so keep your head low and do your stuff.

What I do have a problem, however, is more of a hidden and suave form of unprofessionalism. For example, back at my school at UCLA the restorative department chairperson is an avid advocate of using gold. He has this Tucker Gold Study Club which he uses to cultivate his favorite students. Because he is the chairman of the department, he then cherry-picks his gold followers to choice externships where additional restorative experience may be gained. Those that do not espouse his gold philosophy, or those who he doesn't know, get mostly ignored for these opportunities. To me, this is even worse than the instructors who superficially bully you.

Reactions: 3 users
...What I do have a problem, however, is more of a hidden and suave form of unprofessionalism. For example, back at my school at UCLA the restorative department chairperson is an avid advocate of using gold. He has this Tucker Gold Study Club which he uses to cultivate his favorite students. Because he is the chairman of the department, he then cherry-picks his gold followers to choice externships where additional restorative experience may be gained. Those that do not espouse his gold philosophy, or those who he doesn't know, get mostly ignored for these opportunities. To me, this is even worse than the instructors who superficially bully you.

Sounds like an obvious situation of Cryptic 'Professors' Choice (bio humor)

All joking aside, with respect to the OP's post, it is professional school, right?

having been a professional ____ after undergrad and graduate school for 8 years and now going to d school my opinion is you'll learn to get over such perceived injustices as you describe (rude, overly demanding, and condescending) either now while in d school or out in the real world. The sooner you get over the injustices the better. What the OP is describing is how the real world operates. In my experience, the only setting where rude, overly demanding, and condescending behavior is generally considered off limits is in strictly academic settings such as are encountered in K-12 public schools through undergraduate education. Thus, the OP might not know any better.

I'm generally not into telling people to 'suck it up' and all that tough guy BS. Better to talk things out and get a logical understanding of something that is bothering an intelligent person. The reality, though, is that this might be one of those instances where Shunwei is giving the best advice (quoted below):

Look, with respect to the attitude shown by the faculty--Deal with it. For one, a lot of these folks are not really good teachers; they become faculty either because they are too old to practice, not very good at practicing, or want to power-trip. A lot of them also have 'old-boy' mentalities whereby they regard themselves as something like drill sargeants; until you show them that you got what it takes, you are just a road kill. I actually don't have much problems with faculty like these. The easiest and best thing to do is to keep your mouth shut, do what you are told to do, learn as much as you can, and earn your stripes and get the degree. Dental school is really just a game, so keep your head low and do your stuff...

Granted, I haven't started yet so I might be (but unlikely as I am expecting to be bullied emotionally) complaining about the very same things in a few short months...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For better or worse it comes with the territory. You didn't think you were going to get to call yourself "Doctor" by being coddled and spoon-fed your education, did you? :) You're going to crawl in the mud, through the trenches, and under the barbed wire for this degree...

Remember though, there is a fine line between what you seem to be upset about and someone actually being grossly inappropriate. You need to swallow your pride a little bit but you certainly don't need to subject yourself to abuse.

A few faculty are exceptional. Most faculty are decent. You'll be really surprise at the large number that are losers, drunks, drug addicts, fraudsters with revoked license, and those that couldn't handle real life business. Some volunteer to teach cause they repeated failed the board and so couldn't practice outside; they then advertise their 'prestigous' 'faculty' status when they finally open their practice. Dental school is like a four year jail term; just suck it up to these pathetic individuals and serve your time. It will pass by soon enough.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody want to ask him who OP voted for in the presidential election? This is someone who isn't finished with their first year of dental school and considers faculty unprofessional for telling them to work hard. ENTITLED = OP. Do you think all faculty are earning a lot of money to be there? Sure, I have had faculty who have been intimidating, but I learned that they genuinely want you to do a good job. OP, It seems like you have a lot of personal growth ahead of you.

p.s. Suck it up

Does anybody want to ask him who OP voted for in the presidential election? This is someone who isn't finished with their first year of dental school and considers faculty unprofessional for telling them to work hard. ENTITLED = OP. Do you think all faculty are earning a lot of money to be there? Sure, I have had faculty who have been intimidating, but I learned that they genuinely want you to do a good job. OP, It seems like you have a lot of personal growth ahead of you.

p.s. Suck it up

On one hand perhaps the OP needs to toughen up. On the other hand its not like the OP is in the military with a bunch of knuckleheads who are motivated by such knuckleheaderly as you just dispensed. Good grief this post makes you sound like you have the mental capacity of the average army drill sergeant, local beat cop or probation officer.

The fact is the OP hasn't described the "gross displays of unprofessionalism" they've encountered by the dental school faculty. Nor have any details been divulged in how the faculty members have demonstrated themselves to be" rude, overly demanding, and condescending".

Maybe there is more to it.

Or maybe there is a simple need to toughen up. Either way, the OP was clear that the 'suck it up toughguy' explanation wasn't cutting it: no need to douse his thread in inflaming rhetoric.

I do agree with the OP's logic in that the students are PAYING to be there. I am willing to bet that the average prisoner in the US doesn't get raked over the coals and get regularly accused of having an entitlement mentality when the taxpayer pays for it. Get my drift? Students should be treated with dignity and respect even if their 'only' redeeming virtue is that they are there willingly to learn.

Reactions: 5 users
Look, with respect to the attitude shown by the faculty--Deal with it. For one, a lot of these folks are not really good teachers; they become faculty either because they are too old to practice, not very good at practicing, or want to power-trip. A lot of them also have 'old-boy' mentalities whereby they regard themselves as something like drill sargeants

I have to respectfully disagree with this observation. It really must depend on where you go to school. At my school I have had mostly great experiences with faculty. They are very supportive and want us to learn and become good dentists. We have good clinicians who are adept at teaching, and there is a mutual respect between students and faculty. This isn't true across the board but I have never been treated like I was scum and have never had a faculty come across as having a drill sergeant mentality. Sure, faculty will talk about how it USED to be like that, but it no longer is, at least not out here in the frigid north of Buffalo.

Now, if my dental school experience WAS akin to boot camp... I would just suck it up and survive. I had been told that dental school is just a 4 year hazing process... once you're in you'll get to the other side if you really want to. BUT I'm glad I ended up at a school where the faculty are supportive. Not just the faculty, but most of the staff too (assistants, etc). It's making me sad to leave them all in a few short weeks, tear tear.

On one hand perhaps the OP needs to toughen up. On the other hand its not like the OP is in the military with a bunch of knuckleheads who are motivated by such knuckleheaderly as you just dispensed. Good grief this post makes you sound like you have the mental capacity of the average army drill sergeant, local beat cop or probation officer.

The fact is the OP hasn't described the "gross displays of unprofessionalism" they've encountered by the dental school faculty. Nor have any details been divulged in how the faculty members have demonstrated themselves to be" rude, overly demanding, and condescending".

Maybe there is more to it.

Or maybe there is a simple need to toughen up. Either way, the OP was clear that the 'suck it up toughguy' explanation wasn't cutting it: no need to douse his thread in inflaming rhetoric.

I do agree with the OP's logic in that the students are PAYING to be there. I am willing to bet that the average prisoner in the US doesn't get raked over the coals and get regularly accused of having an entitlement mentality when the taxpayer pays for it. Get my drift? Students should be treated with dignity and respect even if their 'only' redeeming virtue is that they are there willingly to learn.

I would respect your opinion if you didn't question the mental capacity of people who don't get to wear a white coat. I am capable of changing my tune, but since they aren't giving an account of everything I am basing my opinion on their tone. I concede he is paying tuition, but he was also given the privilege of receiving admission. In that regard he is not a paying customer. I agree with your sentiments about dignity and respect, but in my experience people always expect more than they deserve. I apologize if my attitude doesn't sit well with you. Surprising for someone who listens to TOOL.

I would respect your opinion if you didn't question the mental capacity of people who don't get to wear a white coat. I am capable of changing my tune, but since they aren't giving an account of everything I am basing my opinion on their tone. I concede he is paying tuition, but he was also given the privilege of receiving admission. In that regard he is not a paying customer. I agree with your sentiments about dignity and respect, but in my experience people always expect more than they deserve. I apologize if my attitude doesn't sit well with you. Surprising for someone who listens to TOOL.

a great response to my response, +1 for observation skills & resilience :thumbup:

I think "the faculty is unprofessional/rude" is overused. Respect goes both ways. I think today's generation thinks being kind and speaking respectfully is enough. The older generation, professors, just want students to show up on time (most importantly), pay attention, and put forth our full effort. They do care about the future of the dentistry and so some may think they're tough and "unprofessional" when they're not nice to you.

Just because you go from undergrad to dental school doesn't mean you magically gain respect. You have to earn it and show it to your professors.

I suppose perspective and background play a large role in this. I am aware some people can whine easily and some feel entitled to certain things. So I'm commenting on the general topic even though I'm still a D1 for 6 more weeks and D1s don't know what they're talking about. All I know, is that I was told I wouldn't be treated like a peon. In those exact words, which I chuckled at. And I haven't been. There are no power-hungry doctors. No one being tough for the sake of being tough and making it difficult just because that's how it was for them in the dark ages of dental education. So far, it's a two-way respect thing and it seems to be working. I assumed this was the case everywhere. But apparently not (by this account and others). Of course I have preference in who I work with and maybe certain personalities aren't my favorite, but there is never disrespect. I don't see how it benefits anyone to throw around an 'earn your stripes' attitude or to be suppressive and condescending. Of course no one should feel like they have earned the title of doctor just by being accepted. But, assuming the OP's scenario isn't just a case of 'Dr. X said something mean to me about my prep and it hurt my feelings' sort of thing, I'm glad it's not something I deal with on top of the other rigors of school. And those who don't adopt this attitude are asked to leave. We'll see how it goes in the next few years.

Other than our French Gross Anatomy professor, the faculty at my school are very chill, approachable, and friendly. Guess it's an institutional thing, but accept it for what it's worth. They're there to make you better and sometimes the drill sergeant mentality gets results.

However on a related note, after being admitted to a certain Ivy League school and weighing my options the financial aid officer via email called me "kiddo," "puppy", and in reference to a Skype appointment proposal to discuss financial aid said verbatim, "I don't know how to Skype but I have other great skills."

I chose my state school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Other than our French Gross Anatomy professor, the faculty at my school are very chill, approachable, and friendly. Guess it's an institutional thing, but accept it for what it's worth. They're there to make you better and sometimes the drill sergeant mentality gets results.

However on a related note, after being admitted to a certain Ivy League school and weighing my options the financial aid officer via email called me "kiddo," "puppy", and in reference to a Skype appointment proposal to discuss financial aid said verbatim, "I don't know how to Skype but I have other great skills."

I chose my state school.

wait, I get the repulsion at kiddo and puppy, but why the revulsion towards the statement, "I don't know how to Skype but I have other great skills."?

Genuinely curious.

The email actually read:

"P.S. I don't know how to Skype but I have other great skills."

In the context of the message and coming from a school official, it was very sketchy (I'm a male, the official was female). This is not why I turned down the school, btw. but I found it very odd and a reflection of the potential of other faculty.

The email actually read:

In the context of the message and coming from a school official, it was very sketchy (I'm a male, the official was female). This is not why I turned down the school, btw. but I found it very odd and a reflection of the potential of other faculty.

Oh. Makes some sense now thanks for explaining.

My teachers aren't respectful.
Thanks, Obama!

The email actually read:

This post is worthless without pics.

For better or worse it comes with the territory. You didn't think you were going to get to call yourself "Doctor" by being coddled and spoon-fed your education, did you? :) You're going to crawl in the mud, through the trenches, and under the barbed wire for this degree...

Remember though, there is a fine line between what you seem to be upset about and someone actually being grossly inappropriate. You need to swallow your pride a little bit but you certainly don't need to subject yourself to abuse.

Spot on!

In d-school, you're being trained to be a doctor who adminsiters drugs that can have interactions with potentially devasting consequences. You're doing IRREVERSIBLE procedures that if not done properly can have devasting consequences. Not everyone who matriculates in a d-school will graduate, that's a simple fact. D-school isn't year's 5-8 of undergrad, it's a PROFESSIONAL school. BIG difference!!

If you want to have you're butt kissed all the time, and think that in private practice your butt will be kissed all the time because you have a 3 letters behind your name, you will be in for some tough adjustments. The faculty in d-school have those letters behind their name and have earned a certain degree of respect from you as a student. You may not like how they feel the education process should be taught, but chances are you'll encounter patients who will have far worse attitudes and opinions in the future. The sooner you learn to deal with this concept, the better off you'll be for it.

Spot on!

In d-school, you're being trained to be a doctor who adminsiters drugs that can have interactions with potentially devasting consequences. You're doing IRREVERSIBLE procedures that if not done properly can have devasting consequences. Not everyone who matriculates in a d-school will graduate, that's a simple fact....

I was reviewing the numbers in the official literature and the official number I read is 95% who matriculate go all the way to complete & graduate. This was in the books that are published by the ADA in their Survey of Dental Education. Graduation rate varies greatly by school of course and to a lesser degree than by school, by particular year.

Just a little tidbit I happened across yesterday.

I was reviewing the numbers in the official literature and the official number I read is 95% who matriculate go all the way to complete & graduate. This was in the books that are published by the ADA in their Survey of Dental Education. Graduation rate varies greatly by school of course and to a lesser degree than by school, by particular year.

Just a little tidbit I happened across yesterday.

I wish that dental school were more stringent though. You are right in that about 95% complete the curriculum and get the DDS. For example, in my class out of 100 we had 4 drop out and two held back for one year due to academic incompetence, so that's about in line with the official figure. I think unless someone commits an egregious mistake, like cheating, with perseverance a DDS will be an eventuality since students are paying so much for the education that schools more or less just graduates them given time. I definitely do not think, however, that there should be so many graduates . . . . I have seen many that are clinically incompetent or socially inept.

would the author of this thread care to interject?

This post is worthless without pics.

Satisfied?

Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 7.42.37 PM.png

Yea I know what you mean, exactly the same at my school its as if they never been students before
all they care about is texting or playing on their iphone while you practice your "autonomy" and find how to do it yourself when you didnt even get any explanations
didnt know I was paying for them to chill together
anyway at least they are not all like this

If what you mean by unprofessional is texting and playing games during class, then yeah, that's pretty unprofessional. If you mean marking you off on a test question because you forgot to dot an i but obviously understand the answer, that's annoying but comes with the territory. A lot of professors are sticklers because they see it as part of their duty to help you develop the kind of anal attention to detail that serves a dentist. I don't see anything wrong with that. OP, you really have to give more details before any of us can say anything useful.

Wow, I am so glad to have read this post. Thank you for sharing. I am currently practicing at a hospital in NY and teaching 4 residents. I understand all of what you are expressing. Please know that not all faculty are unprofessional. I as well as many of my classmates expressed the same feelings while in dental school. Now that I am 47 and look back on my experiences, it made me stronger. I also found out later that a lot of the "hazing" in dental school came from faculty who were insecure, had personal problems and major issues with life outside of the dental school, some were just unhappy with their careers and some just didn't really want to help the students at all. Sad to admit, but it was reality. We had faculty who literally told us to our faces "I got mine, now you have to get yours" and didn't want to offer any advice on how to "get ours." Now, that I am teaching, I cannot express enough how being professional, offering students or residents help, being kind, showing you care and really putting your heart into what you do goes a long way. No matter how much I was ever treated badly while in dental school, I will NEVER treat those I teach the same. To me, it's just not necessary to "power trip", intimidate or "haze" others who I've been giving the most rewarding opportunity to teach. SMH....because I remember the humiliation, tears and so much more when I and other students were just trying to get a good education. Everyone has an opinion, and, yes, I do understand where the original poster is coming from. It's true, no one owes you respect, but sorry, I believe it's faculty who set the tone.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, I am so glad to have read this post. Thank you for sharing. I am currently practicing at a hospital in NY and teaching 4 residents. I understand all of what you are expressing. Please know that not all faculty are unprofessional. I as well as many of my classmates expressed the same feelings while in dental school. Now that I am 47 and look back on my experiences, it made me stronger. I also found out later that a lot of the "hazing" in dental school came from faculty who were insecure, had personal problems and major issues with life outside of the dental school, some were just unhappy with their careers and some just didn't really want to help the students at all. Sad to admit, but it was reality. We had faculty who literally told us to our faces "I got mine, now you have to get yours" and didn't want to offer any advice on how to "get ours." Now, that I am teaching, I cannot express enough how being professional, offering students or residents help, being kind, showing you care and really putting your heart into what you do goes a long way. No matter how much I was ever treated badly while in dental school, I will NEVER treat those I teach the same. To me, it's just not necessary to "power trip", intimidate or "haze" others who I've been giving the most rewarding opportunity to teach. SMH....because I remember the humiliation, tears and so much more when I and other students were just trying to get a good education. Everyone has an opinion, and, yes, I do understand where the original poster is coming from. It's true, no one owes you respect, but sorry, I believe it's faculty who set the tone.

I'm pretty sure dentists who graduated 15-20 years ago had it much worse than those who went through their education today.

I'm pretty sure dentists who graduated 15-20 years ago had it much worse than those who went through their education today.

+1, I'd imagine the whole being treated like a doctor/colleague/etc. wasn't a thought in anyone's head 20 years ago. I'd imagine it was like bootcamp, you were a grunt that was beneath dirt.

Greetings,

As someone who completed three residencies and one fellowship I can tell you that I have encountered worse than unprofessionalism by faculty members. Their behaviors have lowered themselves further more and I don't even considered them now as my colleagues. The right thing to do in these situations is to give them what they want and don't let their behaviors bother you in any kind of way. DP

+1, I'd imagine the whole being treated like a doctor/colleague/etc. wasn't a thought in anyone's head 20 years ago. I'd imagine it was like bootcamp, you were a grunt that was beneath dirt.

Not necessarily, at least in my case. When I matriculated d-school in 1993, we were told that we would be treated as colleagues by the faculty, and in return they expected us to act like professionals (i.e. proper attire and grooming, asking appropriate questions - read as just don't plead ignorant, but show that you've done some looking into it before asking, and proper respect given to our classmates and patients)

Those that tended to face "unprofessional behavior" from the faculty, tended to bring it upon themselves from not following what was asked of them with respect to acting "professionally"

Most faculty take the profession of dentistry VERY seriously, and as such they expect their students to take it VERY seriously. This sometimes disconnect between what a student thinks is "acceptable" and what the faculty does is what can create problems.

Not necessarily, at least in my case. When I matriculated d-school in 1993, we were told that we would be treated as colleagues by the faculty, and in return they expected us to act like professionals (i.e. proper attire and grooming, asking appropriate questions - read as just don't plead ignorant, but show that you've done some looking into it before asking, and proper respect given to our classmates and patients)

Those that tended to face "unprofessional behavior" from the faculty, tended to bring it upon themselves from not following what was asked of them with respect to acting "professionally"

Most faculty take the profession of dentistry VERY seriously, and as such they expect their students to take it VERY seriously. This sometimes disconnect between what a student thinks is "acceptable" and what the faculty does is what can create problems.

Fair point and I definitely agree. I was thinking originally about how UoP was so different when it came on the scene with a goal spelled out in treating students as colleagues and currently that mentality it popping up at other schools.

Fair point and I definitely agree. I was thinking originally about how UoP was so different when it came on the scene with a goal spelled out in treating students as colleagues and currently that mentality it popping up at other schools.

I bet it has to do with that no longer being acceptable to students. Why go to school A if they treat you like ****, when school B says they will treat you like professionals? Schools compete for quality students and this seems to fit right into that.

Advice that was given to me -- Before dental school I was told that MOST dental faculty are a**holes...and that you just need to 'suck it up' and enjoy the ride. 4 years will go by very quickly! Work hard and do your thang...

I spent 5 years in the real world before dental school. I was an investment banker and went to an ivy to get my mba (establishing my point of reference).

As a generalization d school faculty at my establishment are either incompetent, unhappy with their lives, couldnt hack it, or just plain suck. We do have notable exceptions. Its just the nature of the beast when you pay them less than a first year associate (I go to a state school, salaries are easily obtained and ours make across the board 110k)....the economics of it makes you attract the least in your field on the whole.

One of the previous posters hit it on the head when he said you will continue to encounter people like this the rest of your life. Consider this your training so it will bother you less later on. Just try to rise above it. The silver lining is 20 years ago it was MUCH worse, so maybe in another 20 years it will be a more....normal experience.

Just shows that all dental schools are not created equally. I go to a state school and bad faculty are the exception, not the norm. We just had our senior banquet in which almost all the faculty attended and participated in all the class and organization videos. Many also oversee our dental fraternities and many travel on our mission trips. But our school is super chill.

Hell, I wanted to talk to one professor about public health dentistry and she recommended we go and get lunch at a restaurant up the road one day. Her treat.

In addition, many of the faculty have practices in town or have thriving faculty practice in the school clinic. So they're doing quite well in addition to their state salaries.

Reactions: 1 users
Just shows that all dental schools are not created equally. I go to a state school and bad faculty are the exception, not the norm. We just had our senior banquet in which almost all the faculty attended and participated in all the class and organization videos. Many also oversee our dental fraternities and many travel on our mission trips. But our school is super chill.

Hell, I wanted to talk to one professor about public health dentistry and she recommended we go and get lunch at a restaurant up the road one day. Her treat.

In addition, many of the faculty have practices in town or have thriving faculty practice in the school clinic. So they're doing quite well in addition to their state salaries.

Aww, see, there is hope. This post warmed my heart.

where is this golden land of milk and honey?

Look, with respect to the attitude shown by the faculty--Deal with it. For one, a lot of these folks are not really good teachers; they become faculty either because they are too old to practice, not very good at practicing, or want to power-trip. A lot of them also have 'old-boy' mentalities whereby they regard themselves as something like drill sargeants; until you show them that you got what it takes, you are just a road kill. I actually don't have much problems with faculty like these. The easiest and best thing to do is to keep your mouth shut, do what you are told to do, learn as much as you can, and earn your stripes and get the degree. Dental school is really just a game, so keep your head low and do your stuff.

What I do have a problem, however, is more of a hidden and suave form of unprofessionalism. For example, back at my school at UCLA the restorative department chairperson is an avid advocate of using gold. He has this Tucker Gold Study Club which he uses to cultivate his favorite students. Because he is the chairman of the department, he then cherry-picks his gold followers to choice externships where additional restorative experience may be gained. Those that do not espouse his gold philosophy, or those who he doesn't know, get mostly ignored for these opportunities. To me, this is even worse than the instructors who superficially bully you.

I agree with this.

I was told by one of the faculty members at an off-site rotation that the reason most of the faculty were *******s is because they're not making money and hate their life. So I guess just be happy that they're stuck in their miserable role in life, and you get to move on.

I'll leave you with words from a song called You'll be Fine:

Put you in this place to change your mind
Take away things that were your life
After they've made their example of you
Their fun is over and you are through

Just curious, where do you attend, if you don't mind?

Greetings,

As someone who completed three residencies and one fellowship I can tell you that I have encountered worse than unprofessionalism by faculty members. Their behaviors have lowered themselves further more and I don't even considered them now as my colleagues. The right thing to do in these situations is to give them what they want and don't let their behaviors bother you in any kind of way. DP

Dr. Phan, you were always very professional when I worked with you at Tennessee.

Not just in dental. Professors bully in medical and pharmacy schools.
Now they have the nerve to ask for donations. Well F them!

Some of the newer less traditional schools like Roseman, Midwestern, and others, go out of their way to emphasize that students are on equal level with the professors who teach. Maybe they are just ahead of the curve.

Some of the newer less traditional schools like Roseman, Midwestern, and others, go out of their way to emphasize that students are on equal level with the professors who teach. Maybe they are just ahead of the curve.

Or maybe they pay their faculty better with that insane tuition.

Or maybe they pay their faculty better with that insane tuition.

Maybe that's all that's all they got going for them aside from newer equipments, so they locked their profs in a room and brainwashed them. Or you know, just lie to the interviewees and say their profs are all awesome to their students.

UoP has a really good humanistic approach in teaching. All faculty and dental students alike are treated with respect and all have a voice in the foundation of the school's system and learning.

They do not care how much you are paying. Their attitude, that you are created for them, not the other way around. There is no way to prove them wrong. One professor told me:" Graduate and then come and tell them to F off" Not professional eather