Unranked Public Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rottedtofu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I think US News Rankings for Public Health are only for Universities that have schools of public health. So other programs that don't have a school of public health go unranked..
but are these programs still worth considering? Especially the ones that are accredited?

For example:

USC
Brown
Dartmouth
Northwestern
NYU
Tufts
UCD

These schools are all CEPH-accredited (I think..) but unranked. Are they good programs? Should I even consider them?

Members don't see this ad.

A quick search through this forum will tell you more about each of those unranked programs in greater detail. They will very likely be smaller departments within the medical school, have less faculty than institutions with separate schools, and instruct fewer students, but the caliber of the programs can be very strong.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I think US News Rankings for Public Health are only for Universities that have schools of public health. So other programs that don't have a school of public health go unranked..
but are these programs still worth considering? Especially the ones that are accredited?

For example:

USC
Brown
Dartmouth
Northwestern
NYU
Tufts
UCD

These schools are all CEPH-accredited (I think..) but unranked. Are they good programs? Should I even consider them?

US News only ranks schools of public health. They don't rank programs and I'm pretty sure most of the ones you listed are not given through a school of public health, but instead are a program or department within the medical school. It doesn't mean that they're not good programs though, they just don't come from an actual school of public health.

Are these programs considered to be less respected then going to somewhere that has a school of public health?

I'm curious about this question too... are these programs worth considering compared to accredited schools of public health? Are most people who enroll in these programs medical students?