Unsure of MCAT Scores, worth retaking in August?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thandi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the MCAT June 21, and signed up for the august 7th MCAT, I have already sent in AMCAS app and have been getting secondaries. GPA is 3.6 overall 3.5 sciences, and I come from a non-traditional background. I didn't feel great about the MCAT I took, but that could be nerves. I'm applying to a range of schools and I'm wondering at what score (on the June 21st MCAT), should I choose to retake on August 7th? Also do I alert my schools to the retake right away?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends where you applied and your practice test range, but in general anything below 29-30 might be retaken.

hey the mcat is one of the most unpredictable tests - you really have no idea how you scored, until you get your score. You might be surprised - everyone finds the exam to be hard. If you look at your score, and know you can improve - definitely retake. If you get lower than a 29, unless you're applying DO, you should retake mcat! Good luck

Reactions: 1 user