Unsure of Prereq Classes to Prepare for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted92121

I am a sophomore at Slippery Rock Univ. near Pittsburgh. The school does have an affiliation with LECOM, so the classes must be here to prepare you for the MCAT. The problem is however, that we do not offer General Bio I & II, we only offer Principles of Biology and General Zoology. The outline for the courses does not seem to cover all the topics needed for the MCAT. I should mention I am taking Anatomy and Physiology 216 (next course is 217 and deals with different organ systems) and I seem to be learning alot from it.

I am going to post the Biology Courses link and if any of you nice folks have a minute, could you please look over the Principles of Bio 104, General Zoology 212, and A&P 216,217 and tell me if these will prepare me well enough? Also, feel free to look at other courses as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey dxu, Im at Kutztown University, the state school brother of Slippery Rock. Although Im close to Philly instead of Pitt. Anyways, I must say it is the same here too. I had to take Principles of Bio and instead of Bio 2, I am taking Zoology right now. And let me tell ya, zoology is freaking hard compared to Principles of Bio. I dont know why its different for PA state schools.

rc4ch said:
Hey dxu, Im at Kutztown University, the state school brother of Slippery Rock. Although Im close to Philly instead of Pitt. Anyways, I must say it is the same here too. I had to take Principles of Bio and instead of Bio 2, I am taking Zoology right now. And let me tell ya, zoology is freaking hard compared to Principles of Bio. I dont know why its different for PA state schools.

How well do you think Principles prepared you for the MCAT with topics such as Genetics and Cellular Bio? Did you discuss eukaryotic and prokaryotic?

dxu