Unsure what this means

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tea Leaf

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the information given by the AAMC list of post-bacc programs. When you click on a school's program and it gives information, it notes, "Applied to medical school the previous year" and "Accepted to medical school the previous year" (link to page for example: Postbaccalaureate - AAMC).

So does this indicate the amount of people who went to this post bacc program and applied to medical school in the previous cycle and got accepted? If the numbers/ range of numbers are the same can you imply that the post-bacc program is successful and has a high admittance to medical schools? I'm wondering because a lot of them are the same so I'm getting confused.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The ranges provided leave a lot of wiggle room. It could be that there were 26 students, 25 applied and 16 were admitted to med school (better than average outcome) or it could be that there were 50 enrolled, 25 applied, and 6 were admitted somewhere (very far below average).

It is best to contact the schools that interest you and inquire about the school's recent track record for applicants like you. (You might also have seen the disclaimer that these data can be stale.)

Reactions: 1 user