UNTHSC M.S. in Medical Sciences (Texas) 2023-2024 *In-Person*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PostBacCAS is the application service we use to apply to this masters program! Sorry I should have clarified. I will check with them, thank you!
I haven't used Mappd in over a year but I believe when I calculated my GPA on there it was also a bit higher than when I put them into the actual application portals. I just figured the application portals were sorta just "it is what it is" since my actual cGPA from my university was also a bit higher and closer to that of Mappd. Mappd is for the most part a free service to I figured it was just an estimation and not the end all be all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Random question to those who have completed the program or are current students. Is there a dress code? For example, UIW has a dress code (business causal or scrubs only). I just want to make sure I can plan accordingly.
There is no dress code. Casual is usually safest bet. Only anatomy requires scrubs

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I submitted my application about 1 week and a half ago and I just noticed that the GPA calculations included the college classes I took in high school in my freshman GPA and everything else is pushed down (so my actual freshman year shows up as my sophomore year and I have 4 semesters of my senior year). And my upward trend disappeared. should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't used Mappd in over a year but I believe when I calculated my GPA on there it was also a bit higher than when I put them into the actual application portals. I just figured the application portals were sorta just "it is what it is" since my actual cGPA from my university was also a bit higher and closer to that of Mappd. Mappd is for the most part a free service to I figured it was just an estimation and not the end all be all.
Yeah, I figured the same! Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me! I appreciate it, thank you!

Hi everyone! I submitted my application about 1 week and a half ago and I just noticed that the GPA calculations included the college classes I took in high school in my freshman GPA and everything else is pushed down (so my actual freshman year shows up as my sophomore year and I have 4 semesters of my senior year). And my upward trend disappeared. should I be worried?

I wouldn’t worry! The same happened with me and I was accepted still.

Did anyone receive the email of them being enrolled in the summer class 2024. Does the program not start in the fall??

Did anyone receive the email of them being enrolled in the summer class 2024. Does the program not start in the fall??

Hi! I also received this. The online cohort starts in fall. In person cohort starts June 3.

ohh that's crazy. I have not prepared a dime, because i thought we were going to start in August. I guess this is goodbye to all my plans. Please if anyone is looking for a roommate, send me a private message. I am a Female and African.
Thank you.

Random question to those who have completed the program or are current students. Is there a dress code? For example, UIW has a dress code (business causal or scrubs only). I just want to make sure I can plan accordingly.
No dress code for day to day activities, but there is some conferences and seminars that business casual is required.

For current/past MedSci students, when did yall take the DAT/MCAT? And when did yall apply to dental schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
It has a difficult curriculum or it’s difficult to get into? I haven’t heard very much about this program, is it new?

It’s much smaller than this program. I believe they only have about 20ish students and it is for sure a rigorous curriculum from what I’ve heard from my classmates that went on to take it.

It’s much smaller than this program. I believe they only have about 20ish students and it is for sure a rigorous curriculum from what I’ve heard from my classmates that went on to take it.
I may look into it, thanks! I unfortunately didn’t get accepted to this program so I need to check out other programs…
Do you know if the A&M program is research based or if an interest in research is needed?

I may look into it, thanks! I unfortunately didn’t get accepted to this program so I need to check out other programs…
Do you know if the A&M program is research based or if an interest in research is needed?
hi! i’m applying to the a&m program right now. they have a thesis (research) & non thesis (no research) track

How long does it typically take for them to you review your application?

Hi! For those of you in the program, please PM me and I will try to make a GroupMe.

hello! how long did it usually take to hear back of a decision?

The next time the committee will meet is on April 22. They meet every other week.