Uof mich and UofD Mercy stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t00thpix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently preparing to apply to U of Mich and U of D mercy for cycle 2006. Any one out there who can share their stats that gained acceptance for 2005. Congrats and thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Applied late September
From Canada (outer state, and international in fact)
Overall GPA 3.4, Sci GPA 3.1
American DAT 20/20/16, CDN DAT 19/19/18
Got an interview at U of Michigan in February and recently places on the alternate list, don't know my chances :thumbdown: .
Didn't apply to Detroit Mercy.
Hope that helps.

I applied early in June AADSAS #7XX
from Canada, international
overall GPA 3.5~6
BCP GPA 3.7
DAT 19 19 20

interviewed in November, accepted in Feb

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone out there with lower GPA's who have gotten into Mercy lately? (cum 3.0 sci. 2.9 post-bacc 4.0) They state that they consider upward trends in grades, and college attended, but then their average GPA's are quite high. I can't figure out if they're are a "lower GPA friendly" school or not.

gpa 3.8
science gpa 3.8
dat 21/20/17
aadsas number <100
interviewed in first round and accepted at both, but was in one of the last rounds of acceptance at umich, just goes to show the interview is important also.

mochafreak said:
Is there anyone out there with lower GPA's who have gotten into Mercy lately? (cum 3.0 sci. 2.9 post-bacc 4.0) They state that they consider upward trends in grades, and college attended, but then their average GPA's are quite high. I can't figure out if they're are a "lower GPA friendly" school or not.

I may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I may be able to offer some help.

While applying there, they seemed to be real sticklers for meeting all of their standards. However, they were also one of the best at keeping me informed of my status. A lower gpa won't exclude you there, but I wouldn't call it "lower-GPA friendly." The information they sent out about applying to their school was extremely detailed, and leaves little doubt as to how they look at every aspect of your application. Call/write them and they will send you all that info.

For example, on the DAT, they want you to have 18's or higher across the board, not just an AA of 18. In my case, I did have an individual score below 18, and they wrote me to see when/if I was taking the DAT again. Since I was already accepted to another school that I liked more by then, I withdrew my application.

Your post-bacc 4.0 should help you there, showing an upward trend, especially if its in science courses. If so, it should help your overall, science, and BCP GPA.

Good luck.

spc213 said:
For example, on the DAT, they want you to have 18's or higher across the board, not just an AA of 18. In my case, I did have an individual score below 18, and they wrote me to see when/if I was taking the DAT again...

I had two 17's, one in math and one on perceptual.. they never said a word to me about it...

I may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I may be able to offer some help. While applying there, they seemed to be real sticklers for meeting all of their standards. However, they were also one of the best at keeping me informed of my status. A lower gpa won't exclude you there, but I wouldn't call it "lower-GPA friendly." The information they sent out about applying to their school was extremely detailed, and leaves little doubt as to how they look at every aspect of your application. Call/write them and they will send you all that info. For example, on the DAT, they want you to have 18's or higher across the board, not just an AA of 18. In my case, I did have an individual score below 18, and they wrote me to see when/if I was taking the DAT again. Since I was already accepted to another school that I liked more by then, I withdrew my application. Your post-bacc 4.0 should help you there, showing an upward trend, especially if its in science courses. If so, it should help your overall, science, and BCP GPA. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies...the 4.0 is in 51 credit hrs of science and 6 non-science...unfortunately, those GPA's include all the A's. (yes my original undergrad work was ugly) :(

I will call them and ask for the specific info. that you spoke about.