UOP 2009 application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RXGeneration

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to start a thread for UOP 2009 applicants so that we can help each other along the long application process.

Have you guys submitted your sup app, yet? Please share your status and tips that would be great.

I wanted to submit early, but got busy and didn't pay attention to deadline of first tier. So, I just submitted mine yesterday and made it for tier 2. How long will I hear from them? Did anyone make the tier 1 deadline? I heard they start interview in Oct. Anyone got interview invite, yet?
Please share. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted pharmCAS/uop supplemental august 1st. UOP sent me a letter aug 7th stating they received my supplemental and are waiting for my pharmCAS. PharmCAS electronically sent out my application yesterday. So I hope to hear from them soon....**crossing fingers**

I submitted pharmCAS/uop supplemental august 1st. UOP sent me a letter aug 7th stating they received my supplemental and are waiting for my pharmCAS. PharmCAS electronically sent out my application yesterday. So I hope to hear from them soon....**crossing fingers**

Yea, I got everything submitted before the Aug 1 deadline and received a couple of letters and emails from them stating that they've received both my PharmCAS and supplemental app. I know we can track our status on the UOP website as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I'm a first tier hopeful...sent my pharmCAS on Aug 1..They've received my supplemental in time, but I'm just waiting to hear the verdict for pharmCAS...

Good luck to all of us who are waiting to hear our verdicts!! :luck:

I submitted my supplemental early last month, and everything for my PharmCAS (e-submitted in June) was finished in July except for 1 LOR. My professor got sick and couldn't get it done sooner, so it was received by PharmCAS a week into August. I already got the letters saying UOP received my PharmCAS and supplemental even though the final letter is still making its way to PharmCAS's mailings (it was a paper LOR), so hopefully that one letter isn't enough to hold me back into the 2nd tier. :(

I signed onto the Application Status Checker from the UOP website, and it showed they received everything. My question is that they have the names mixed up for the academic and pharmacist recommendation sections (pharmacist name was listed as the academic recommendation and professor as the RX recommendation). Do I need to contact them or not worry about it since they've received all documents?

Yea, I got everything submitted before the Aug 1 deadline and received a couple of letters and emails from them stating that they've received both my PharmCAS and supplemental app. I know we can track our status on the UOP website as well.

Cinnamoroll,

How long did it take for UOP to update your information on their website about receiving your applications? I received a letter 8/4 informing me they have receive my supps and they are still waiting for my pcas. My pcas was sent out 8/11 and I still have no update. The website also says they have no admission applications for me. Should I call them?

If anyone else has a status on the Application Status Checker, please let me know. I'm afraid something may have happened to my application. Thanks

Last edited:
I signed onto UOP's Application Status Checker today. It appeared that they have received everything except the educational background chart. I'm pretty sure that I turned it in along with the rest. The website also says that "All items without dates have not yet been received and/or processed by our office." How do I know if it is missing, something wrong with it, or has not yet been processed? Does anyone know?

I signed onto UOP's Application Status Checker today. It appeared that they have received everything except the educational background chart. I'm pretty sure that I turned it in along with the rest. The website also says that "All items without dates have not yet been received and/or processed by our office." How do I know if it is missing, something wrong with it, or has not yet been processed? Does anyone know?

When was your PharmCas application mailed out?

Date E-submmited: 7/27
Mailing Date: 8/4

Cinnamoroll,

How long did it take for UOP to update your information on their website about receiving your applications? I received a letter 8/4 informing me they have receive my supps and they are still waiting for my pcas. My pcas was sent out 8/11 and I still have no update. The website also says they have no admission applications for me. Should I call them?

If anyone else has a status on the Application Status Checker, please let me know. I'm afraid something may have happened to my application. Thanks

Actually, I just checked the Status Checker and found out that they had finally updated on the things that they had received. In one of the letters that they sent me, they said give them about 2 weeks for them to record the dates on their Status Checker.

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh.. i got so distracted this summer and didn't get a chance to submit my pharmcas & supps till a few days ago. does this mean i'm most likely under tier 3? :(

Deadline for tier 2 is 9/1 I think.

Sharpiee,

You are in tier 2. The deadline for tier 2 is Sept 1st. I just submitted mine, too.

Does anyone know how missing item would affect the deadline?

Does anyone know how missing item would affect the deadline?

Then, they'd consider you for the next tier after the deadline if they don't receive the necessary LORs, PharmCAS app, and supplemental app (postmarked by deadline date). If you got everything submitted electronically (i.e. LORs or PharmCAS application in general) by the deadline date, then you'll be fine.

I think I should've asked, what if one of my forms is filled out wrong? How is that going to affect the deadline? I'm pretty sure that I turned in everything. Somehow on my status checker, there is no date next to edication background chart. Everything else has a date received next to it.

I think I should've asked, what if one of my forms is filled out wrong? How is that going to affect the deadline? I'm pretty sure that I turned in everything. Somehow on my status checker, there is no date next to edication background chart. Everything else has a date received next to it.

Hmm, I really don't know. I guess if one of our forms is filled out incorrectly, then they will notify us. I do not have a date next to one of the transcripts for one school. However, I haven't attended this school yet because I'm planning to take speech in the spring, therefore I obviously couldn't obtain one. Also, there's no date next to "complete application".

I just hope that it is not going to put me into the next tier.

I submitted mine 2 days ago. When I check on my status, it only said form has been submitted. When will I get status of form received and completed?

Cinnamoroll,

same here! I turned in my supplemental on Aug 1st, but nothing is showing for my status...but just like yourself, I also received a letter saying that they have received my supplemental.

same here! I turned in my supplemental on Aug 1st, but nothing is showing for my status...but just like yourself, I also received a letter saying that they have received my supplemental.

u might have to wait for another week or two.

Good job guys :thumbup:

I'm pretty bummed right now. I submitted everything by August 1st, but no letter of recommendation has been received yet. :( Only one is "in progress" on PharmCAS and the other 2 are still "New".

One pharmacist is mailing his in via snail mail. So I doubt I'll make the 2nd tier. 12 days left until Sept. 1st.

:(

Good luck to you all :luck: Looking forward to seeing fellow SDN members get accepted to UOP.

Can someone give me the link to UOP's Application Status Checker? And what do I need to sign in to check it? .....Still no word from UOP about my pharmCAS app.
Thanks guys..

Thanks for the link prepharm08!

I checked my app status and it said that nothing had been received. UOP admissions office said that the supplemental was not being reviewed until the pharmCAS app was in, which was submitted july 31st and mailed out aug 18th. She said the status checker should be updated by the end of this week....so everyone wait a few days! hope that helps.

Can someone explain to me the tier system UOP uses (compared to rolling admissions)?

Can someone explain to me the tier system UOP uses (compared to rolling admissions)?

If you submit yours during the Tier 1 period, then they'll look at your application first before reviewing the apps in Tier 2. I'd say those who made it to Tier 1 and 2 have great chances, since they probably give the apps in Tier 3 last consideration for a review. In either case (tier system or rolling admission), it's just better to submit everything in as early as possible. Too bad classes and distractions are preventing me from doing this...:hardy::( Well, at least I sort of managed to get some apps in early than usual this time around compared to last year's. :D

yea thats what i figured. thx cinna

oh yeah another question...

i assume whenever pharmacas sends out the application to UOP, that will be the date UOP uses for tier deadline? ive been reading other posts and applications (after e-submitting) are mailed ranging from a few weeks to a month depending on person. If thats the case UOP wont be receiving my app for awhile? how does pharmcas usually work when submitting to schools?

oh yeah another question...

i assume whenever pharmacas sends out the application to UOP, that will be the date UOP uses for tier deadline? ive been reading other posts and applications (after e-submitting) are mailed ranging from a few weeks to a month depending on person. If thats the case UOP wont be receiving my app for awhile? how does pharmcas usually work when submitting to schools?

As long as you e-submit your app to PharmCAS (including your LORs) by the school's deadline, then you'll be fine. :)

first tier! =] good luck everyone! Who's going to the open house?!

i checked on the checker and there is no date for the education background chart. does that mean it wasnt recieved cuz it was in there

i checked on the checker and there is no date for the education background chart. does that mean it wasnt recieved cuz it was in there

I am having the same problem too. No date next to education background chart. Everything else has a date. I'm pretty sure that I turned it in. I am thinking either it is filled out wrong or it is not been processed yet

it says that one of my semesters was incomplete.
i made sure that part was correct.. that sux ill miss out on being in tier 1

How come I can't get the checker to work?

Alright! My application is finally completed! 7/29. First tier!

does anyone know if the Tier 2 cutoff past yet and if not, when is it? :confused: its been really hard getting through these supplementals! Good luck everyone!

does anyone know if the Tier 2 cutoff past yet and if not, when is it? :confused: its been really hard getting through these supplementals! Good luck everyone!

9/1 is the deadline for tier 2

being that i applied a few days ago, does it mean that i'm really in tier 2? i mean pharmCAS has not calculated or sent it out... so i'm kind of confused. or will it only mean that i'm in tier 2 after i receive the letter that they received everything (PharmCAS & supps)? TIA. :confused:

being that i applied a few days ago, does it mean that i'm really in tier 2? i mean pharmCAS has not calculated or sent it out... so i'm kind of confused. or will it only mean that i'm in tier 2 after i receive the letter that they received everything (PharmCAS & supps)? TIA. :confused:

they count the date you e-submitted the pharmcas application.

I got everything ready for the Tier 2 deadline: rushed my transcript, spent weeks on my PS to get it finish, rushed my LORs. But I missed one thing: I was careless enough to not noticed that they require 1 letter from a pharmacist. I have a lot of experience in what I want to do which is Pharmacy Informatic and have LOR from that but I havent started working retail yet (I didn't start earlier cause thats not what I want to do). I emailed them and they pretty much said they're strict on that requirement.. so now I don't know what to do... :(:(

I got everything ready for the Tier 2 deadline: rushed my transcript, spent weeks on my PS to get it finish, rushed my LORs. But I missed one thing: I was careless enough to not noticed that they require 1 letter from a pharmacist. I have a lot of experience in what I want to do which is Pharmacy Informatic and have LOR from that but I havent started working retail yet (I didn't start earlier cause thats not what I want to do). I emailed them and they pretty much said they're strict on that requirement.. so now I don't know what to do... :(:(

how many LORs have you submitted to pharmcas? If less 3, I think you can send one more directly to UOP.

Like liveviva said, you can still submit a lor from a pharmacist. It's not too late. You can submit up to 4, so try to do that if you have less than 4.

so if something is missing from the application what and its posted on the tracker what happens? how are you supposed to correct it