UOP applicants 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got invitation email but dnt know abt practical.any idea ?

Members don't see this ad.

So Happy! just got IV from UOP!! :) any ideas what is the exam about? just clinical or writing as well? how to prepare and etc...?

Good luck to all!

Today I got another rejection letter from UOP. I was about to call dr. Patricia King but it says call not before JAN 2012. Ridiculous man! I feel rejection email should include the legitimate explanation for rejection. This is really heart- breaking. By the way, good luck for those who got the happy email this afternoon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those who received UOP invites today,, would you mind sharing your stats?
I'm basically looking at NBDE, toefl and GPA..

"Dear Dr. ______:
I am pleased to inform you that you have been invited to the International Dental Studies (IDS) interview and technical examination at the University of the Pacific (PACIFIC), Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry from Wednesday to Saturday, October 19 - 22, 2011."

Fells good, a very nice 'ego massage', a lot different from last year...

Good luck to you all! :luck:

Seems like u got an IV just about EVERYWHERE! Congrats ;)

"Dear Dr. ______:
I am pleased to inform you that you have been invited to the International Dental Studies (IDS) interview and technical examination at the University of the Pacific (PACIFIC), Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry from Wednesday to Saturday, October 19 - 22, 2011."

Fells good, a very nice 'ego massage', a lot different from last year...

Good luck to you all! :luck:

hi there can somebody post the IV dates for UOP this year

I got invitation email from UOP!
Good luck for everybody guys!

Hi. I am an Indian female looking to share an accomodation for interviews at UCSF and UOP from Oct 15 to Oct 21. If any female interested please contact me at [email protected]

Last edited:
i didnt get invitation either... good luck to the ones who are attending to the interview!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have got invitation. Congrs to all who got it. If have information about where to buy staffs for practise please share.

Last edited:
Anybody staying at Best Western Hotel Tomo for UCSF n UOP interviews? PM me if so :)

Anyone has any idea what the critical thinking assessment test and evaluation is? They have mentioned in their email that there will be one before the prac exam?!
What is this?
I am sure Bombay BDS would know! Some help please!!

hey guyz is the practical exam on mannikin?
the email says that.any input is appreciated.

Hey... how are you guys preparing for the bench test?
Seniors plz give us more info regarding the interviews. Also, is the bench test on a mannequin??

Hi guys,I am giving up uop interview.i have emailed them today.
i hope it turns out to be a good news for some one.

any female to share accomodation for uop i.v. from 19 to 22, pm me

the critical thinking exam isa completely new addition and we have no referance from previous years.
Im not sure what its going to be..

Is anyone preparing for bench test in bay area????

the critical thinking exam isa completely new addition and we have no referance from previous years.
Im not sure what its going to be..
Right, what do you assume the critical thinking exam would be, Bombay BDS? Theoretical stuff or behavioral assessment?

AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION (ASDA) MOCK INTERVIEW AND TIPS WORKSHOP

ORGANIZER –
The American Student Dental Association(ASDA) Pre-Dental Committee at UCSF is organizing this event to help and prepare new DDS aspirants for their dental school interviews. This event is mainly looking to serve IDP-2011 UCSF interviewees, so spaces are very limited for non-UCSF applicants(first come, first serve manner). ASDA Pre-dental Committee members consist of current International Dental Students (IDP) who are actively involved in this event and will be able to help you during the event.

Event –
Saturday, Oct 15th,2011
10:30 AM – Registration
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Interview Presentation and Tips Workshop
12:00 PM to 12 :30 PM – Question Answers Session
12:30 PM to 1:00 PM – Lunch and meet IDP Students
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM – One on One Mock interview by panel of current IDP Students

Venue –
University of California San Francisco Medical Center,
• Room No – N-225 (Nursing Building)
• 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143

Contact –
Krunal Sherathiya and Shreyas Oza at [email protected]

FAQs - See website for details - http://idpevent.eventbrite.com/

Disclaimer –
This is a non profitable event and organized by the of ASDA Pre-Dental committee. The motive behind organizing this event is to help new DDS aspirants of international origin to have a more relaxed interview process. UCSF School of Dentistry and International Dental Program at UCSF or any faculty of the UCSF School of Dentistry is not a part of this event and is not liable for any information provided during this mock interview and tips workshop. Please do not call or email UCSF School of Dentistry / International Dental Program / Faculty or Staff with questions in regard to this event. Attendance at this event does not influence your application at UCSF School Of Dentistry in any way.
Please contact: [email protected]
for more information.

Hey , Is anybody know that we have to prep the teeth on Manikin or / like USC and UCLA, we can hold the typodont in our hand or bench. Thankssssssssssss

is that asked in UOP becnh tst?

hmmm ive never head UOP askin for that, i think its a class II prep and a PFM crown but they dont really say. Anyways, they give us time to read the preps they want and practice b4 the exam so i think anything they ask will be easier to do since we will know exactly what they want... dunno

hmmm ive never head UOP askin for that, i think its a class II prep and a PFM crown but they dont really say. Anyways, they give us time to read the preps they want and practice b4 the exam so i think anything they ask will be easier to do since we will know exactly what they want... dunno
Yeah, that makes fair amount of sense.. Lets see how it goes..

Can anyone explain what is MOD 3/4th VC? please help.

You have to prepare 3/4 th veneer crown and MOD on the same tooth. UOP's MOD concept is different from other schools. Even I am havin a hard time to do the prep.

Does anyone know wat particular features UOP are looking for in the preps? Please share your ideas....

Hey friends I just want to make sure that they are going to provide everything for bench test, even high speed hand piece, excepte gown and loupes, right? please confirm. Thank you.

Can anyone be generous enough to upload the UOP Bench test manual here? Would really appreciate it! God Bless.