UOP application fee surcharge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused1617

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I payed the 75 dollar fee for the UOP app, and they charged me a dollar extra.... like in two transactions, one 75 and the other 1 dollar. Are they going to refund me the dollar?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. I didn't get a refund.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you really want to call and complain about $1? The way you treat the admissions office as a whole can also impact your application. Although it is their mistake, if they get a bad vibe from you, it'll cost you a lot more than $1.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you really want to call and complain about $1? The way you treat the admissions office as a whole can also impact your application. Although it is their mistake, if they get a bad vibe from you, it'll cost you a lot more than $1.
True, and its really not the dollar but I feel like some people take advantage of others because they know they can get away with it...

True, and its really not the dollar but I feel like some people take advantage of others because they know they can get away with it...

Probably was an email error. Check your bank statements to verify. Also could be a "test charge"... So chill haha

Plot twist: this is how they weed out the gunners. Whoever calls to get their dollar back gets an automatic rejection lol

Reactions: 1 users
Or they are trying to test to see who is attentive. Anyone who calls will get an interview invitation

Plot twist: this is how they weed out the gunners. Whoever calls to get their dollar back gets an automatic rejection lol
Lol, sadly my bank balance is that low where I notice I have one dollar less than planned! :laugh:

Lol, sadly my bank balance is that low where I notice I have one dollar less than planned! :laugh:

I feel your pain

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1435873139.871515.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
$1 charge is commonly a way to see if money is available on the card. It's usually a pending transaction under your credit card but it never charges you. My advice is don't worry about it, and don't call admissions about it.

I know!!! I am working full time and money wouldnt even stay in my account for a day!! goes straight to pay secondary fees!! :laugh::bang::wtf:

I don't think being a gunner is bad, especially at UoP. Their program is among the most intense dental program afaik. So... people who call to get a dollar back get the first batch of interviews.

I was more concerned about how sketchy the payment site looked...

sometimes you use the online service they charge 1-2$ extra for service fee (UOP or schools pay the secured payment website fees to collect payments).

Reactions: 1 user
I thought there wasn't a secondary application? where do we pay this fee, I only paid through AADSAS

this is hella hilarious