UoP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecuajedi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have much status update on the UofP application site? Mines been under review since August 2nd

Members don't see this ad.

yup....nothing yet unfortunately. i got an interview at unlv too ecua. on october 19. when is yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mines on the 26th. Im from Las Vegas and were getting the 27th off for Nevada Day so itll be a nice 4 day weekend.
Just so all out-of-staters know that Nevada Day is on the 31st of October (Halloween) and we always get it off from school. Just a little lesser known perk about Nevada.

ooooooooo....nice to know. thanks

Got an update today though its nothing new just the date changed to Sept 8th

i just called uop today and the lady there said that they have
approx. 3000 applicant this year. so... is there a hope?

Got an update today though its nothing new just the date changed to Sept 8th

Mine was updated today
File is in Review
Allow 4 to 8 weeks

It says they only have 3/5 of my letters. Should I call and check to see if they have my other ones? (I know it says 5 letters even if you only submitted 3 but I did submit 5.)

i just called uop today and the lady there said that they have
approx. 3000 applicant this year. so... is there a hope?

There is always hope...it's not like they didn't have 3000 last year too, they just have 3000 earlier this year.

Mine was updated today
File is in Review
Allow 4 to 8 weeks

It says they only have 3/5 of my letters. Should I call and check to see if they have my other ones? (I know it says 5 letters even if you only submitted 3 but I did submit 5.)

I had mine updated today also. They didn't have 1 of my LOR's so I had AADSAS send it about 3 weeks ago. AADSAS was really good about sending out the LOR's when asked to do so, so give them a call and they will get on it really quick.

Best of luck

Mine was updated today as well.

File is in Review
Allow 4 to 8 weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was updated today as well.

File is in Review
Allow 4 to 8 weeks

Same here.....finally ONE of my applications is complete and being processed!!

AADSAS submitted June 2nd, letters finally mailed Sept 1st for all those who are into knowing that kind of stuff.

Hello Everyone!!

My page was updated yesterday as well, but not with any information. It only says it was updated. Anyway, I just thought I would point out something that I noticed yesterday...on the timeline dates for the school (on our status page), it says that INVITATIONS for interviews will be offered beginning in October. I keep checking my page hoping to see something great and new, but I have been told that everything is in (as I am sure that many of you have). That should be all we see until at least the 1st of October (according to their website).

did you guys send official transcripts directly to UoP??
cuz on their website, they want us to send transcripts through
aadsas, but on the supplemental info. given in aadsas, it says
we have to send in our official transcripts directly to UoP when
contacted.

Now I am curious too. I have just been waiting to hear from them to send in my transcripts because it says to do so on AADSAS. I haven't contacted the school yet...is everyone sending in their transcripts directly??

I have not sent transcripts to the school because I haven't heard from them, so i assume I am not supposed to send them yet. However, I haven't asked anyone in the admissions office about that.

As far as interviews in Oct...I don't think that means invites. I think that means interviews will begin in October, but the invites will go out earlier than that.

Last year my friend got his interview invite in mid-september...and he interviewed sometime in October and heard he got in in early december. According to him, he submitted everything really early, like June, and didn't send his transcripts until they asked him for them. He also didn't take his DATs until August 20th or so.

I have not sent transcripts to the school because I haven't heard from them, so i assume I am not supposed to send them yet. However, I haven't asked anyone in the admissions office about that.

As far as interviews in Oct...I don't think that means invites. I think that means interviews will begin in October, but the invites will go out earlier than that.

Last year my friend got his interview invite in mid-september...and he interviewed sometime in October and heard he got in in early december. According to him, he submitted everything really early, like June, and didn't send his transcripts until they asked him for them. He also didn't take his DATs until August 20th or so.

So that means they do want you to send in official transcripts? whats the pt of aadsas...

good luck to all who are applying to pacific. i was in your shoes last year. now the first quarter is almost over, and it has been very tough and extremely fast paced. I probably study 5x harder now than undergrad! not a week goes by without some kind of quiz/test (this past week we had a quiz/test every single day of the week). that's why i'm up at 3:30am studying! but have to say, that I've learned an incredible amount. looking forward to seeing some of you here on interview days soon.

So that means they do want you to send in official transcripts? whats the pt of aadsas...

I saw the other thread you started about this too. The point of AADSAS is to compile a mass amount of info for MOST schools, but each school is different about what and from where info comes from. UOP has no secondary, so it only looks at hte AADSAS stuff to figure out interviews, but then likes to double check transcripts at the school too. Other schools have a secondary that asks some additional questions to figure out who will be interviewed, but never asks for official transcripts again. Some ask for transcripts only after you have been accepted so they have them on file, etc.

The idea of AADSAS is to compile as much useful info as possible that the schools want. The individual schools will decide if they want more and/or if they want to do some things themselves. But, it still helps to have AADSAS, otherwise we'd fill out 5-20 different applications, have to send out 5-20 different sets of transcripts, and so on. At least this way, most of the info the school wants is with them after filling out just one online application, and then we need to aupplement that info per each schools minor desires.

I saw the other thread you started about this too. The point of AADSAS is to compile a mass amount of info for MOST schools, but each school is different about what and from where info comes from. UOP has no secondary, so it only looks at hte AADSAS stuff to figure out interviews, but then likes to double check transcripts at the school too. Other schools have a secondary that asks some additional questions to figure out who will be interviewed, but never asks for official transcripts again. Some ask for transcripts only after you have been accepted so they have them on file, etc.

The idea of AADSAS is to compile as much useful info as possible that the schools want. The individual schools will decide if they want more and/or if they want to do some things themselves. But, it still helps to have AADSAS, otherwise we'd fill out 5-20 different applications, have to send out 5-20 different sets of transcripts, and so on. At least this way, most of the info the school wants is with them after filling out just one online application, and then we need to aupplement that info per each schools minor desires.

Thanx for the info, that was helpful :thumbup:

I contacted the admissions office today and they said to send official transcripts when they offer you an interview.