Update Letter Few Days After Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PerseveranceIsKey

Reaction score
I interviewed at a school a few days ago. The admissions committee will be meeting in a few days and will make decisions by the end of this week. Would it be worth sending an update letter on me being awarded Scribe of the Year for 2019? I found out earlier this month and did not have an opportunity to state this during my interview. The assistant director of admissions at the school stated that updates are accepted and the admission advisors would make sure my application materials are updated before they meet in a few days.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many times the committee doesn't see anything new when they make a decision. At that point it is all based on the interview. I would wait to see if you are accepted or waitlisted. If waitlisted then you can possibly send something.

Reactions: 1 user
Will it hurt? No. Will it help? Also no. Wrote a f/u for every school I interviewed at EXCEPT the one that wound up accepting me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will it hurt? No. Will it help? Also no. Wrote a f/u for every school I interviewed at EXCEPT the one that wound up accepting me

Yeah sent a follow up to the only two schools I interviewed at and ended up getting waitlisted to both. Do you recommend I send in a letter of intent?

Yeah sent a follow up to the only two schools I interviewed at and ended up getting waitlisted to both. Do you recommend I send in a letter of intent?

That’s pretty much the only time I’d advise it, but even then it has a slim chance of helping. They gave their own internal ranking system of who to offer an open spot to first and they just go down that list until they’re full.