Medical Update/LOI Research Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Hi, thank you so much, in advance, for your help! I recently had a journal accept a manuscript for publication (wooo!). Feels like a big update, this is my first publication!

I'm curious, though, if I should provide more information about the journal (other than the name of the journal itself) in my "In Press" citation? For example, should I indicate that it is a high-impact journal or any other info that may impact how this update is viewed? Or, should I just simply state the name of the journal?

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, thank you so much, in advance, for your help! I recently had a journal accept a manuscript for publication (wooo!). Feels like a big update, this is my first publication!

I'm curious, though, if I should provide more information about the journal (other than the name of the journal itself) in my "In Press" citation? For example, should I indicate that it is a high-impact journal or any other info that may impact how this update is viewed? Or, should I just simply state the name of the journal?

— Experts please respond to this post —

No, the journal name is sufficient. If they care they can look information like impact factor up.

If you’re going to send an update, I always recommend short and sweet. Be direct and make it clear what you’re trying to say.

Agree with above. Remember these program directors are VERY busy and the shorter the email, the more likely they will read it in full. Just let them know you were a co-author on a manuscript that was just accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.