Updating adcoms the proper way

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Franzliszt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN,

Hope you are all doing well. I have an update to give to adcoms as I joined a new research lab. The update process for some of these schools is to upload a document. i.e. "choose file." I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on formatting these word documents for upload. Obviously, I wont just type "i joined a lab," and upload it. anyone else wondering about this?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Update on Research Activity (or whatever)
Name: Franzliszt1
AAMC#: XXXXXXX

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to update you on a new research position I recently obtained. For the next X months, I'll be working in the Y Lab approximately Z hours a week. My responsibilities include A, B, and C and I am working on a project investigating X. Please let me know if any further action on my part is required to add this to my file and thank you for your continued consideration of my application.

Sincerely,

Franz
---------------

But yeah, unless you literally have zero research on your application not sure it's worth sending this update in. Your meter for whether something is update-worthy should be "is this going to be the difference between me getting an interview/acceptance offer or not?" There are really very few things that can happen between hitting submit on your application and May 1 that meet that criterion.

Excellent. Thank you for helping me.

Dear SDN,

Hope you are all doing well. I have an update to give to adcoms as I joined a new research lab. The update process for some of these schools is to upload a document. i.e. "choose file." I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on formatting these word documents for upload. Obviously, I wont just type "i joined a lab," and upload it. anyone else wondering about this?

Thanks

Do whatever you like. No one will care.

Reactions: 1 users