UPenn admission stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CRAZYLION

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey UPenn applicants-

Does anyone remember how many MD/PhD applicants UPenn interviews and how many acceptances it offers? I believe that they have around 17-20 MD/PhD students a year but I was wondering how many acceptances they give out to get that many students?

I guess March 10 is the date, unless anyone has heard otherwise. Hopefully it will be over email, I don't think I can wait any longer. Good luck to all!!!

Members don't see this ad.

from what i understand - 100 or so interviewed and about 40 accepted from what i've heard. ave stats on entering class are 3.8 / 36.

Yeah Habari and I interviewed on the same day and that's also the numbers I remember. The only thing I have to add is that some people have been notified (I believe by e-mail) already. Not me, and of course I'm pretty nervous about it since it's my #1 choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks guys! Just trying to figure out my odds, ha.

Good luck to you both, let's hope we have some good emails coming on the 10th.

I e-mailed Maggie Krall, the MSTP secretary at UPenn today. The response:

Alas, decisions won't be out for another week or two. You will get notification by e-mail to check that status page.
Hang in there!! Just a few more days.

Argh! JUST A few more days she says!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the update! I was getting worried about not receiving an e-mail ...

So has anyone gotten word from UPENN yet? I iwll cross my fingers for you all.. Waiting this long definitely sucks but hopefully it will be worth it.

Just after 6 pm on the east coast. The sun is is setting over the very beautiful Florida intracostal. A few clouds dot the horizon....
AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HA
VE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN. AND I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM U PENN.
I'm going to take a six pack to the beach . . . I hope I don't return until they let us know! Is anyone else going crazy?

Reactions: 1 user
i called and decisions were sent last week. they should be arriving in the mail shortly. should also show up on status tommorrow morning (according to the dude in the mstp office)

I feel your pain:) Let's hope they get the website updated by tomorrow morning. Come on IT people!!!

Good luck everybody!!!

Thanks jot. Some of the people in the UPenn pre-allo thread received their decisions in the mail yesterday. Only acceptances though, so either they sent out the acceptances first or all the people right around the school who got the letters yesterday got accepted. Nothing in my mailbox.

The Penn status website is up. Run and check it out!!

I currently sit at the top of the tier 1 waitlist. After speaking with the office, I learned that I am in the "tip top" waitlisted group in tier 1, so there is still a strong chance that I will come off the waitlist in the future.

Argh! I e-mailed them to ask how many acceptances went out with the first batch and how many spots they're looking to fill. I'll keep you all posted.

Argh!!!!!!!!! Now I will be waiting up until May 15th to know where I'll be!!!!!! Allow me to bang my head into the wall... +pissed+

Edit: They wouldn't tell me any specific numbers about class size and how many acceptances they've given out so far. If anyone finds out, I'd love to know!

I should have remained at the beach for another ~2 months!

ah well . . . (also banging head against wall)

Originally posted by nooreen
I should have remained at the beach for another ~2 months!

ah well . . . (also banging head against wall)

Sorry. :( I was rooting for you (still am. . .)

What's your status at Mayo and UIC? (PM me if you want).

I hope things get better girl.:love:

I e-mailed Maggie Krall, the MSTP secretary at UPenn today. The response:

Alas, decisions won't be out for another week or two. You will get notification by e-mail to check that status page.
Hang in there!! Just a few more days.

Argh! JUST A few more days she says!!!!!!!

So even the famous Neuronix went through the same belly-turning experience with Penn! :) Thanks for all the very informational posts throughout SDN, your posts helped me a lot throughout the process. Best of luck for your future endeavours.

So even the famous Neuronix went through the same belly-turning experience with Penn! :) Thanks for all the very informational posts throughout SDN, your posts helped me a lot throughout the process. Best of luck for your future endeavours.

I went through all the belly turning experiences and more. I just hope there was some good reason I went through it all. Good luck to you also.

Reactions: 2 users
I went through all the belly turning experiences and more. I just hope there was some good reason I went through it all. Good luck to you also.

Did you ever end up going to Penn?
Sorry I don't know if you're open about where you went/are now.

Really like your avatar. Is he/she your dog?