upenn interview call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi guys my stats are -
nbde part 1(dec 2008) - 86
degrees - BDS, MDS (orthodontics) - india
exp - 1 .5 years as consultant orthodontist in india
others - international and national paper presentations.
have applied to upenn, bu, usc, umn and uthscsa
not heard from any of them yet; a little concerned (all of them say they are still reviewing my applications)
i need help of what to do am a lil worried

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for the late reply hydentist, here are my stats though not that grt
part 1 - 88
Toefl - 100
gpa - 3.4
home country experience - 1year
Lots of volunteering , little bit U.S. observance,MPH,research exp

Members don't see this ad :)
@ dlrao
Sorry about the rejection pal...!! don't really know what they are looking for in an application.. don't loose heart something better is in store for ya...!!

:xf:

Has no one received an interview call in the last 2 weeks? Just rejections?:oops:

hi... do you guys feel tht i have a chance of interview atleast.
its 88 part1
3.74 ece
110 toefl..i applied near the deadline.and got a letter dated 23rd sep tht my documents were complete. guys help me..... so worried. can i get it from NYU ALSO?

Any male willing to share accomodation for nov 3rd interview at UPENN......PM me

hi there recently i have joined SDN and received an invitation for interview from U penn. can u share how was yours and what did they ask?what are their expectations and did u get acceptance

Hi All,
I have also recieved my interview call from UPenn last week. I scheduled my interview for 22nd Sept. next month. Excited & Nervous...:xf:

Good luck to all waiting,

~ Pearl :)
Hi pearl, i have recently joined SDN and i have received an invitation for in at UPENN.as u have already been interviewed there can u share how was it? what did they ask and was it one on one basis or group interview.I will appreciate ur feedback on this. Do u mind sharing ur stats too?

hi there recently i have joined SDN and received an invitation for interview from U penn. can u share how was yours and what did they ask?what are their expectations and did u get acceptance

Hi

Congratulations drden!

If you dont mind, can you pls share the dates of application complete and interview invitation mails.

Hi all, Those who have finished interviews can you please share your experiences...!!!

:xf:

hello to all those who are waiting to hear from upenn. i have applied to upenn since a long time. my application was complete by 15th september. my stats are nbde part 1- 92/ toefl -98/ gpa- 3.75. 6 months of experience in home country and 6 months of observership here in usa. rite now im doing my dental public health. are they calling in batches for interveiw??? are they still calling for interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,
my stats are -
nbde part 1 - 89 (sep 2009)
gpa/toefl - 3.1/114
degrees - bds, mds (orthodontics)
research work and national/international paper presesntations
exp - 1.5 yrs as a consultant orthodontist in india
uni applied - umn,upenn,bu,uthscsa,usc
rejected - umn
not heard from rest

so i am a lil concerned on what to do and wil i get in

@ ortho14

You have very good stats... You should be able get in comfortably into BU ;)
When was your application completed in UPENN ? not sure what is happening with UPENN, some of them went for the interviews and have not responded dunno wat is cooking :scared:

@hydentist
thanx hydentist and my application to u penn was complete in early sep and wen i called they said they are still reviewing my application so donno wats happening.
how are u placed?

Hi guys,
I thought i'll pen down my interview experience for all those waiting for their turn. We were 7 of us. The day began with a short welcome by Ms. Cacas, followed by a presentation of the dentsim lab. Dr. Hangorsky gave us an overview of the PASS Program. We were also informed of the loan, finance etc during this time. We were then split into 2 batches. One batch was taken for one on one interviews with Ms. Cacas and the other to Dr. Hangorsky and vice versa. This was followed by lunch with the current students where we could ask them their experience etc. They were all very helpful and also gave us good suggestions. After lunch we had the last interview with our respective faculties. The day ended with a dental school tour by a current student. Overall it was a great experience. The interviews were personal. They just want to know more about you. All I can say is relax and be yourself. There is nothing to stress about. All of them are very friendly and there is absolutely no tension in the air! For all those waiting for calls, they said they would be interviewing till dec. So dont loose hope cos they are still sending invites. All the best for those going for interviews and also to those waiting.

hey ragdoll ...thank you for posting ur experience ....!

Thanks ragdoll for sharing your experience. Wish u gudluck .:thumbup:

@ ragdoll,

thanks for sharing your experience....!!! It really is a relief to all those waiting anxious to hear from UPENN, did they happen to tell the number of candidates they are planning to take ?

thanx ragdoll for the experience it is going to be a welcome meassage for all those who have interviews and are waiting to hear from upenn

Thanks for ur valuable advice n Hope for us,who r waitin to hear from them.......Good luck to u!!!!
N Best of luck to u all my friends who r waitin hard to hear from UPENN....

thanx for posting ur experience!!! its a relief to hear that they are going to take interviews till december.........im waiting to hear from upenn!!! how much time do they take to send in ur acceptances after u have been interviewed??? good luck :thumbup:

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Upenn. I appreciate that very much.
Best luck to you and all other applicants.

hi... do you guys feel tht i have a chance of interview atleast.
its 88 part1
3.74 ece
110 toefl..i applied near the deadline.and got a letter dated 23rd sep tht my documents were complete. guys help me..... so worried. can i get it from NYU ALSO?
I really think you are going to receive an invitation letter from Upenn coz your stats are better than mine and I got an invitation, however, my application was complete on Sep 14.
Good luck

hey ricket
THANX A LOT FOR A BOOST...WHEN YOU HAD INTERVIEW AND WHEN YOU GOT THE INVITATION????

Invitation: Oct 2
Interview: Nov 10
Hope it helps
Good luck

thanx a lot ricket..
now i can only cross the fingers and can wait...hoping for the best!
but i think that upenn people call only the persons who have some u.s experience.... which i dont have..

hi guys,

i received a rejection from upenn without an interview and i received it via postal mail yesterday. all the best to others waiting.

Hard luck Ortho, I think UPenn is looking for some US experience as well...!!
keeping :xf: I still haven't heard from them...!!

@hydentist

i guess so i am not lucky enough i hope u get the magic cal soon all the best and i am hoping for a cal from boston now hope i get in

hi guys,

i received a rejection from upenn without an interview and i received it via postal mail yesterday. all the best to others waiting.

hi ortho14
when was you penn application complete? thanks

@hjam

my application to u penn was complete aug 28 and bu was complete on sep 4.
and got a rejecton letter from u penn dated 19 oct and received an application under review email from boston on 19 oct and hope i get an interview cal cos have been getting only rejections. hope this helps and all the best

@hjam

and got a rejecton letter from u penn dated 19 oct and received an application under review email from boston on 19 oct and hope i get an interview cal cos have been getting only rejections. hope this helps and all the best

Thank you

@hjam

Hey!!!!
Dont worry....As ur stats r realy impressive, u will def. get interview call from BU soon........N abt UPENN, i think its hard luck only,nothing else..
Keep Faith!!!!N good luck to u!!!!!!

@drams

thanx drams for the encouraging words and all the best to u too

Congrats to all who got the interview call....
Can you please share the stats for us....

What do you think are my chances...
Part 1 85
IBT 90
MDS (OMFS)
2 years exp and 1 year externship and research in home country

What other univ can I apply to ?

hi hypdentist,
i am in d same boat.
mds
part184
gpa 3.18
ibt 96
4 yr exp.
few intr publicatioan and national presenation
not applied yet.. confused should apply or rertake part1.:confused:

hi guys i was interviewd on 17th november.did any one hear from that day who was interviewed from upen?

Hi ,
Can u please share u r interview experience at Upenn plz, I got a iv in oct .very tensed.email at