UPenn Special Science VS Harvard Extension

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eva48

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey-I'm from the Boston area and just heard I was accepted into Upenn's Special Science Program. Any thoughts on some of the advantages to me to doing that vs just staying around here and completing my requirements at Harvard Extension (and getting some more clinical/volunteer experience cause of all the hospitals around). Is Penn's program generally viewed by more favorably by medical schools? Any other factors I may be overlooking or what to consider. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I have a similar type question, however this is in regards to the Health Careers program with Upenn.

You can find the link below.

I don't know the SS program at Upenn, but I've heard some pretty good feedback about the HES, as long as you maximize your opportunity there.

I have a similar type question, however this is in regards to the Health Careers program with Upenn.

You can find the link below.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=282396

I don't know the SS program at Upenn, but I've heard some pretty good feedback about the HES, as long as you maximize your opportunity there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Harvard Extension School has the Health Careers Program, not Penn. Penn has a Special Science program and a Pre-health Program.

I know that the admissions process into Penn's post-bac is entirely separate from Harvard's. But, is there a sliver of possibility that doing a post-bac at Penn, doing extermely well, and developing a close relationship with a Penn professor through a lab would improve one's chances of getting in to Penn Med?

I know that the admissions process into Penn's post-bac is entirely separate from 'its medical school'. But, is there a sliver of possibility that doing a post-bac at Penn, doing extermely well, and developing a close relationship with a Penn professor through a lab would improve one's chances of getting in to Penn Med?

man alot of multiple posts to correct themselves. you guys know that you can edit your own posts right, there shold be a button next to the reply buttons (i think its a piece of paper with a pair of scissors on it) where you can edit your posts. just some food for thought