UPitt or UM Florida for pre-Med

freshwater

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cant Decide between the 2. Will be choosing Nuero as a Major.
Which one is easy to get High GPA. I know UPitt Nuero program is very good but I am afraid they may have harsh grading also. Lots of Research at the campus though..

Members don't see this ad.

Schools that are less "harsh" at grading are looked upon less favorably by admissions committees. Also, no school "grades easier", it's just that at some schools you are surrounded by higher caliber students who will be a little smarter and work a little harder. Almost all college classes are graded on a curve so how "harsh" a school grades depends on the students you are surrounded by. Better schools attract better students which bring higher grades.

Going to a school because they give easy A's is a terrible idea, and that kind of attitude will make life really difficult for you in pre-med. If your plan is to coast by doing the bare minimum to be accepted to med school, admissions committees can sniff that out very easily and you will not look good. UPitt is a much better school, will have more opportunities for great research, and if you excel in classes there you will be much better prepared than if you excelled in classes at UMF.

Pitt has a t20 med school that favors its own undergrads (AFAIK) and TONS of research/shadowing/clinical opportunities that will come along with being on campus with a top med school.

Hail to Pitt, hail to Pitt every loyal son!
Hail to Pitt, hail to Pitt 'til the victory is won!
The gold and blue shall wave forever
On high through fair and stormy weather;
We'll sing her praises far and wide
Until the end of time!
Hooperay, hooperay for dear old U-N-I;
We'll give a grand old alleghenee, genac, genac, genac
We'll wave and cheer for many a year
And sing our songs out loud and clear
For our university.
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

Also, Florida just sounds like a dreadful place to live for four years.