This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluegold16

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently 2.5 weeks away from my scheduled test date (which I am strongly considering moving to a later date in March) but I am having an immense amount of trouble improving my score. I have no problem when it comes to the actual content we need to know in all 3 science sections. I've taken 7 full length tests (5 from TPR, 1 AAMC, and 1 Next Step Prep) and my score has been very static. I started out at a 491 before I took the Princeton Review course in July and over the course of studying for the last 5 months my score has only increased to 499...which is horrible and completely frustrating. Upon reviewing my full length tests I realized that I missed majority of the questions for misreading either the passages or the questions themselves, so I initially thought maybe I'm going too fast and I should slow down, which I did for the last 2-3 tests with very slight improvement in my latest score, but I run out of time and have to rush through the last 8-10 questions.

I'm not sure what to do next as I have continuously reviewed content, formulas, pathways, etc. and since these do not seem to necessarily be my issue I think it is my actual test taking strategies, or lack of strategies. Does anyone have any resources, recommendations, or suggestions on what I can do? I know 2.5 weeks is very unrealistic for my goal of a 510-515 but I'm stuck and I don't know how to proceed forward.

Additionally, I am currently a part-time scribe and since I had thought I would be taking my test before February I came into agreement during the time of my hiring (in September) that I could transition to full time, which has been placed into effect. I'm considering putting in a 2 weeks notice as I do not see any chances of improving my score as I work full time but I'm worried that ScribeAmerica won't be willing to rehire me in the future. Does anyone have any advice about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Push your test date back and focus on reading carefully and answering questions based on the information provided in the passages.

Describe your situation to your manager, who should be understanding and supportive, especially if you're willing to continue working part-time.