URM in regards to women.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HealingHands

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Women are still a minority group in medicine...

How many women want to/are breaking the glass ceiling in men dominate fields? What do you want to become? Ex. Surgery.

Members don't see this ad.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that black males are an even rarer variety than their female counterparts.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah female African Americans have us by about 2:1 maybe even 3:1.

Reactions: 1 user
You are but AA men are "rarer species", LOL! Therefore, they are more likely sought after in the admissions process when compared to other minorities.

The stigma associated with being AA, or African for that matter, is intensified when it comes to being a male. Not to mention the stereotypes unique to AA men. AA women don't have as rough of a road to tred on with regard to medicine. Fairer skin AA women have it easiest with darker skinned males at the far end.

The stigma associated with being AA, or African for that matter, is intensified when it comes to being a male. Not to mention the stereotypes unique to AA men. AA women don't have as rough of a road to tred on with regard to medicine. Fairer skin AA women have it easiest with darker skinned males at the far end.

Spot on

This is interesting because I have definitely noticed it but my question is why is it like this? I could understand the light skin vs dark skin difference but between males and females I would have thought logically speaking that it would be the opposite.

This is interesting because I have definitely noticed it but my question is why is it like this? I could understand the light skin vs dark skin difference but between males and females I would have thought logically speaking that it would be the opposite.

Because white men are not threatened by black women, but they are threatened by black men. Black men are generally physically attractive to all races of women. So Over the years they(the white men who control everything), have allowed black women to progress further by giving them jobs. And once the black women get these "good" jobs, they belittle black men.

Because white men are not threatened by black women, but they are threatened by black men. Black men are generally physically attractive to all races of women. So Over the years they(the white men who control everything), have allowed black women to progress further by giving them jobs. And once the black women get these "good" jobs, they belittle black men.

MF'er please! You grossly overestimate the threat.

How about everytime I walk in front of some y'all with my cutie black wife in tow, you feel so insecure, that you have to throw up the entirety of American racial war history onto the innocent.

We control everything huh? That's funny, the news hadn't made its way down to me yet.

How about this. Black women are gettin after education in higher numbers and therefore have the job skills suited to the current economy in higher numbers. Pretty straight forward. The Black Threat isn't enough to explain the numbers. It's there. No doubt. But not the rate limiting step in the mechanism by a long shot.

How about everytime I walk in front of some y'all with my cutie black wife in tow, you feel so insecure, that you have to throw up the entirety of American racial war history onto the innocent.

We control everything huh? That's funny, the news hadn't made its way down to me yet.

How about this. Black women are gettin after education in higher numbers and therefore have the job skills suited to the current economy in higher numbers. Pretty straight forward. The Black Threat isn't enough to explain the numbers. It's there. No doubt. But not the rate limiting step in the mechanism by a long shot.

wm/bw pairing is so rare nobody cares

wm/bw pairing is so rare nobody cares

Except that they do. Wherever we go around here. Wtf do you know about it. And I hope you're a brother to make this back and forth worth it. Cause if you're one of those self-hating liberal white dudes who's vagina tingles whenever he gets emasculated by a black nationalist or a feminist..... I think I'll just puke and leave.

spot on :thumbup: and this is coming from a brotha. More often than not African American women are grossly out numbering their male counterparts (ME!!) when it comes to secondary education even in the healthcare field as MA's, Techs, etc

spot on :thumbup: and this is coming from a brotha. More often than not African American women are grossly out numbering their male counterparts (ME!!) when it comes to secondary education even in the healthcare field as MA's, Techs, etc

Yeah. Glad not to have offended everyone, at least. Since I spend all my time in racially inverted worlds that its hard for me to relate to majority mind states of either of the American racial constructs. Guilty white liberals make me sick because their self-righteous, salvation identity politics don't even account for the necessity of my daily survival tactics. I exist in their blind spot. It can be disorienting. When they could naively and superficially judge anything outside their purvey as racist, or tea-party like.

Ironically. Even though I think social liberalism and affirmative action have undermined and brain drained black communities, it's now, being so far upriver from whiteyville that I understand what a lack of mentors and career support can mean to those headed in the complete opposite direction. Such that I can see its utility.

And so to regard the OP's inquiry why it can be difficult for females headed into spheres dominated by male culture.

They're not a minority in comparison to their black male counterparts in medicine at large but they are in certain surgical fields. And they have to be tougher than the competition.

So hopefully the OP can get some input. Otherwise search NJBMD's old posts if they need an example of such a narrative.

I'm not sure how ur logic would have led you to believe that a black man is more likeable/relatable than a black woman. The answer to this is simple: most people regardless of race adore a black woman. This is because women can relate to women, and men like women! Whereas black men are less relatable (unless there are other black men on an admissions board which typically isn't the case). Black women have the female thing going for them. I hate to say it but a nice weave, and a push up bra can go a long way. :naughty:

It's not overestimated. Look at Crime Statistics, or pick up a book you ignorant wretch.

tombstone03.jpg

Last edited:
It's not overestimated. Look at Crime Statistics, or pick up a book you ignorant

Nice work chief. Black people are uniformly threatening because the criminal justice system is positioned to make money off drug charges, selective policing policy, and the artificial creation of underground economies that offer some of the only opportunities for poor communities of all colors/ethnicities. Ok. You win.

Let's step aside and let the OP get some of her intended input.

Well this thread got hijacked quickly.