MD URM with good app but worried about my MCAT; need list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aerd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
realized this was a little to specific and identity revealing...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a strong application besides the pending MCAT. You will have a good shot at schools that have an MCAT median of around 3-4 points (old MCAT) higher than yours should you want to aim high. If you had continued basketball and excelled in college, I would say you could get in wherever you wanted. As it stands, I think with a good MCAT you still have a good shot at top schools.

As long as your MCAT is at least 505 you should be competitive for quite a few MD schools. You have a great GPA. Apply to all 3 schools in Georgia. Schools in cities with a significant black population would include Washington DC- Howard, George Washington, Georgetown
Philadelphia- Drexel, Temple, Jefferson
NYC- Einstein, NYU, Mount Sinai
Chicago- Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, Northwestern
Boston- Tufts and Boston University
New Orleans- Tulane
St. Louis- St. Louis University
If you do very well on the MCAT (at least 512) you could add the very competitive schools in these cities such as Cornell, Columbia and U Penn.

Members don't see this ad :)
As Faha alluded to in his earlier post, since you scored above 512 you can add competitive schools like UPenn and Columbia.

Apply to whatever OOS private you like. A URM with a 3.87/513 will get plenty of top 2o IIs

Reactions: 1 user