Urologist shot dead in exam room

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
I'm curious which direction this thread will degrade into....
? The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy pathologist with a gun ?
? The only thing that stops a bad guy urologist with an in-office lab is a good guy pathologist with an in-office lab ?

Members don't see this ad :)
? The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy pathologist with a gun ?
? The only thing that stops a bad guy urologist with an in-office lab is a good guy pathologist with an in-office lab ?

Awesome

The NRA says every operating room should have an armed officer now. That LaPierre guy sounds like a total loon everytime he goes on a talk show.

When is LADoc gonna tell his stance on gun control?

I know you're joking, but a man was shot dead. There's just nothing funny about that. I don't think the diagnostic pathologists understand gun violence the way those of us in forensic path do. It's sad to see so many lives ended early in such a violent manner.

Ok, ok. You're right.

Be nice to know more about it, but my expectations of the media have dropped precipitously over the years, so even if more were written I couldn't be particularly sure of their accuracy. Regardless of the details, being violently harmed/killed in your own office is pretty crummy. I mean, it would be awful anywhere, but we like to think of ourselves as pretty safe at home and work. That said, I try to be a drink-the-coffee type (meant to refer to an old article I read many years ago and haven't found since in order to properly credit, describing a person's morning dilemma upon reading the newspaper to see a bunch of horrible things including terroristic activities, threats of poisoning the water, etc. etc., worries about all sorts of things, including whether or not to drink their morning coffee, and ultimately decides to not be crippled by threats or possibilities and instead gets on with life, starting with drinking the coffee) and not over-react to hyped but actually isolated very low percentage events. This appears to be generally in contrast to political decision-making.

[mikesheree] well yeah when I was a path resident the surgeon would storm into the frozen room with an oozie in 3 minutes and you had to cut the frozen, stain it and read it dodging bullets at the microscope and being pelted by blunt silverware from the cafeteria heaved at you by the scrub nurses for taking so long [mikesheree]

Status
Not open for further replies.