Us major required for uk or aussie med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do aussie and uk med schools have major requirements? I am still a freshman and i am thinking of going the vet or med school route. Thinking of applying to uk or aussie vet schools because i am a f-1 student, and i want to increase my chances

Members don't see this ad.

Do aussie and uk med schools have major requirements? I am still a freshman and i am thinking of going the vet or med school route. Thinking of applying to uk or aussie vet schools because i am a f-1 student, and i want to increase my chances

For the UK, you can go down the 'traditional' 5 year program or the highly competitive, accelerated 4 year program as a graduate.

From one university:

"GRADUATE STUDENTS APPLYING FOR THE 5 YR MB BS PROGRAMME
Only your first undergraduate degree will be considered for entry
You may apply in the final year of your degree and must be predicted/achieved at least an upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject.
There must have been a significant component of Biology and Chemistry in your degree programme, at least equivalent to AS level.
Alternatively, you must have achieved grades of at least BB in A-level Biology and Chemistry prior to starting your degree or you must be completing or have completed AS levels in Chemistry and Biology and be predicted/achieved B grades in both.
Acceptable science / healthcare degree list

GRADUATES WITH A NON-UK DEGREE
Graduates who offer a degree with at least an upper second class honours or equivalent who have graduated from a university outside the UK, must send the Student Recruitment and Admissions Office the following prior to application to ensure your eligibility to apply:
A transcript of your degree (translated into English if necessary)
A statement of comparability from NARIC confirming your degree is comparable to a British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard www.naric.org.uk
Graduates from America/Canada must offer an Honours degree with a GPA of 3.6 or higher on a 4.0 scale."