US VS Russia WW3? Pharmacy Demand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteSnows

Think Right and Grow Rich
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone watches the news lately will ever wonder if world war 3 is at our horizon. Russia is carrying out its biggest nuclear test in the history. As history told, when war occurs healthcare demand goes up. Does anyone think if this is going to be the case and how all of these events affect the future of pharmacy? Will the shortage of primary care doctors spark the new future for pharmacy like in the case of Physician Assistants in Vietnam war?

Everyone is affected by what is going on in the world whether you are a pharmacist or a farmer. Are you prepared for the upcoming turmoil time? Do you have what it takes to be the leaders of this profession during the difficult time ahead? And No, I am not talking about Doom and Gloom, I am talking about the solutions and how you are preparing for the upcoming year.

With $16 trillion in debt, will the world still be fool to think that the US is able to pay it back? How long will the debt problem be pushed back? How many times more the US can increase its debt ceiling to pay the bill (Only Interests)? One can wonder what happens if the dollar collapse?

As in my case, I am saving up real quick to pay off the house and owe no one any dollar. I am improving my skills and networking to better position myself for the next coming years. What is about you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ear-test-decades-Pentagon-plays-concerns.html

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
get some help

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is full of lols.

War has changed a lot since Vietnam and WWII. Just look at the death toll difference, it's drastic. Now we en up with more cripples and less cadavers. Nowhere near the body count of the days of yore. Body armor, better medicine, combat lifesaver mandatory training, high tech weaponry..... A different world.

This thread is full of lols.

War has changed a lot since Vietnam and WWII. Just look at the death toll difference, it's drastic. Now we en up with more cripples and less cadavers. Nowhere near the body count of the days of yore. Body armor, better medicine, combat lifesaver mandatory training, high tech weaponry..... A different world.
Nowadays with a push of a button, massive people die. It is even more dangerous. But will the demand of healthcare goes up once people are panic about of war coming at our horizon?

I agree we are going to another World war at the current pace.. China vs other East Asia, ISIS, trillion debt owed and what a better way to pay off then to start a war, Iran and Iraq, and Russia/Ukraine. Even our allies don't side with us anymore.

I agree we are going to another World war at the current pace.. China vs other East Asia, ISIS, trillion debt owed and what a better way to pay off then to start a war, Iran and Iraq, and Russia/Ukraine. Even our allies don't side with us anymore.
If anyone learn economic, we know that the government can use war as a way to increase spending. For example, people are more likely to stock foods, water, and other supplies to prepare for disasters. People will utilize healthcare even more during these war times and I think the demands for pharmacists will go up. This may be our only opportunity to expand our roles. The shortage of primary care doctors will create a need for other professions to take on more clinical roles. As a result, this may be an exciting time to be a pharmacist and I am very optimistic for our future.

Agreed. US economy will be highly stimulated whenever a war arises. We are the No.1 weaponry seller in the world. If more conflicts occur, debts would be gone and we could expect an economic boom which will benefit most civilians here. Sad, but True.

Anyone is willing to learn Hebrew or Arabic? I recently saw many recruiting posts that come along with foreign languages requirement.

I am afraid you are the one who needs to get serious help DOOM AND GLOOM. Nobody needs help when they make >180k, only DEPRESSING PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO.

this will deviate from your original post, but I did think it was the funny that the guy who started a thread about WW3 is telling someone else they are "doom and gloom"....

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone learn economic, we know that the government can use war as a way to increase spending. For example, people are more likely to stock foods, water, and other supplies to prepare for disasters. People will utilize healthcare even more during these war times and I think the demands for pharmacists will go up. This may be our only opportunity to expand our roles. The shortage of primary care doctors will create a need for other professions to take on more clinical roles. As a result, this may be an exciting time to be a pharmacist and I am very optimistic for our future.

Yes spending will be up but it's also an out should an economic depression happen if we lose. If we win, we will be the only few countries left to help rebuild and through monetary policy, we will be able to pay alot of our debt back.

Plus I don't know if this an opportunity for us since China and Russia vs the US and whoever still back us would have devastating damages. If we lose, China/Russia would want our their currency which is backed by gold and not military might as the standard and higher inflation for everything. Beside NP, PA will get more of role before us do. I don't know how you can be optimistic about a war. You or your love one survive to make a possible career advancement worth the risk.

The greatest threat to Americans these days doesn't seem to be conflict, it's self induced chronic illness. Odd, isn't it?

An interesting footnote:
The Indian surgeon Sushruta (6th century BCE) related obesity to diabetes and heart disorders. He recommended physical work to help cure it and its side effects.

People would laugh at us today if we suggested they do hard physical labor. They'd rather take dangerous medication or reconstruct their digestive system with dangerous surgery.

Members don't see this ad :)
An ominous anniversary is around the corner. Rumors out there Snowden has info about who and how the job was done.

I know that China and Russia wants to meet with EAU countries to set up a new currency to buy their oils. As the matter of fact, their aim is to try to destroy the US dollar by doing so. Their strategy to make it happen is to buy oil with golds. Soon, the whole world will dump american dollars. Are you prepared for the next coming wave of economic collapse? Do you think pharmacists will play a role in stabilizing America in these turmoil times? I mean healthcare demands definitely will increase/spike in war times and we are the only profession that fill every corners of the street. Patients definitely look for pharmacists more since we are most accessible.

To those who say this thread is doom and gloom THINK AGAIN! This thread is about opportunity in the turmoil time. I am not worried about war but looking for opportunity to advance/invest/buy houses. There are always a group of people who prosper during these times because they are preparing for it. IT IS NOT DOOM AND GLOOM THINK AGAIN!

this will deviate from your original post, but I did think it was the funny that the guy who started a thread about WW3 is telling someone else they are "doom and gloom"....

He is full of BS. He talks about the abundance of job opportunities but he is stuck on an Indian reservation. He had to move to barrow, Alaska just to find work.

Do you think pharmacists will play a role in stabilizing America in these turmoil times? I mean healthcare demands definitely will increase/spike in war times and we are the only profession that fill every corners of the street. Patients definitely look for pharmacists more since we are most accessible.

"Is that an ICBM I see flying in our direction? We're going to war! Someone call whatshisname at Walgreens- he will stabilize the situation."

Reactions: 1 users
If they were going to dump their Treasuries it would have happened by now if you take a game theory perspective. No something else is happening. A debt restructuring is in the works. So hyperinflation is not going to happen. A dollar devaluation yes, but no dollar dumping.

Err that list only includes Coalition casualties. Doesn't include Iraqi army casualties, insurgent casualties, civilian casualties, Taliban casualties, etc. The Syria civil war death toll exceeds 190,000. And it's only been 3 years.

If you read closely you'll notice I said American lives. I am under the impression that the original point of the topic was how the American deaths in previous wars spurred changes in the medical system.

I'm not marginalizing the deaths of foreign combatants and coalition forces, just stating a point.

Last edited:
If they were going to dump their Treasuries it would have happened by now if you take a game theory perspective. No something else is happening. A debt restructuring is in the works. So hyperinflation is not going to happen. A dollar devaluation yes, but no dollar dumping.
Well think about it! The reason why the world stores the dollar is because of oil. To buy oil they need dollars. Once they can negotiate with EAU to buy their oils with something else like golds, no one is going to store up the dollar anymore. The government will stop printing money. Money will become hyperinflation. At that point, your dollars will be worthless.

He is full of BS. He talks about the abundance of job opportunities but he is stuck on an Indian reservation. He had to move to barrow, Alaska just to find work.
No body wants to talk to DOOM AND GLOOM like YOU ARE. People want to listen to people who can tell them how to make money.

Where's Grumps when you need him?

5minutes is another gold bug!

No body wants to talk to DOOM AND GLOOM like YOU ARE. People want to listen to people who can tell them how to make money.

Because the price of gold is so stable right?

I don't think there is any preparing for WWIII, if it happens, we are all doomed, so why worry about it?

Why should we bother wasting our time earning US Dollars? You've got it figured out, the dollar is a ticking time bomb right? Personally I advise everyone to get a head start by boning up on their Chinese, the demand for pharmacists will surely increase when the billions and billions of Chinese start living here after they buy us out! Heck, pharmacists are independent practitioners there. Instead of petitioning the feds for provider status, we can facilitate a Chinese takeover!

Why should we bother wasting our time earning US Dollars? You've got it figured out, the dollar is a ticking time bomb right? Personally I advise everyone to get a head start by boning up on their Chinese, the demand for pharmacists will surely increase when the billions and billions of Chinese start living here after they buy us out! Heck, pharmacists are independent practitioners there. Instead of petitioning the feds for provider status, we can facilitate a Chinese takeover!
We still have to wait to see if war starts and if we will win or lose. In the mean time, pay off loan as soon as possible will get you in a better place.

I don't think there is any preparing for WWIII, if it happens, we are all doomed, so why worry about it?
That is not true. There are always winners and losers in the war. People who are most prepared more likely to benefit from it. For example, If I am saving up enough money, during the panic time, the house market can crash and I can buys dream house for a lot less than it costs.

That is not true. There are always winners and losers in the war. People who are most prepared more likely to benefit from it. For example, If I am saving up enough money, during the panic time, the house market can crash and I can buys dream house for a lot less than it costs.

Yeah, and if there is a complete government meltdown, none of that will matter (think Yugoslavia or Zimbabwe)

We still have to wait to see if war starts and if we will win or lose. In the mean time, pay off loan as soon as possible will get you in a better place.
Rofl. If you believe in impending doom OR a dollar devaluation, paying off the student loan is about the most foolish financial decision you could make.

Reactions: 2 users
If there is a WWIII then what you have saved up or in the bank might be useless as well as that fancy diploma if a few atomic bombs hit go off worldwide as the whole system might crash including economy and not to mention the health risks involved. I do think the US will "win" but in the end no one will really be a winner as the US can be damaged severely as well. The person above is smart in the paying off student loans if there was to be a WWIII would be a big LOL because debt might not serve any purpose.

Eh, gold is a fools errand.
Better to invest in the currency of a historically neutral country.

food & water & cigarettes....when the SHTF, nobody is going to care about paid-off debts, money in any currency, or gold. The real value will primarily be in bottled water, canned food, MRE's--antibiotics & tobacco will also be useful for trade.

History would state otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland_during_the_World_Wars

The Swiss Franc remained the only freely trade-able currency during the World War period, being utilized by both sides of the conflict.

While food, MRE's, guns, etc... would help you survive a ******ed post apocalyptic scenario, all wars eventually do come to an end. It's at that point that a liquid currency that can be translated to any other countries currency would be incredibly useful in buying up the destroyed and dilapidated infrastructure left behind by the chaos of the war. The vulture always has a meal, he just waits for the death that comes to all creatures..... same principle.

So you think the student loan will be wiped away if you don't pay?
You think once cash is devalued and it costs $1M to buy a loaf of bread you'll have trouble paying off a $250K loan?

This thread is just as stupid as someone claiming to make 180 k working on an Indian reservation

Reactions: 1 users
This thread is just as stupid as someone claiming to make 180 k working on an Indian reservation

To be accurate he said he was making 180k while working for IHS. He never said it was his only job.

Is your character really so weak that you can't let even the slightest insult from another person go?

Petty.

Yes and he later claimed to make 400 k a year. When someone keeps on claiming to make XYZ over and over, it is fair game.

Are you still hurt from my comment about you?

Last edited:
Yes and he later claimed to make 400 k a year. When someone keeps on claiming to make XYZ over and over, it is fair game.

Are you still hurt from my comment about you?

You need professional help. Honestly, you really really need professional help. I hope some day you get the help you need and realize that your life could be more fulfilling if you were not a negative person.

You should really consider getting some counseling. I'm not sure what happened to you, or who hurt you, but you've obviously got a problem.

The clearest evidence is you seem to be holding onto some comment you made earlier towards me, and I don't even remember what you're talking about. Why? Because I don't hold onto things. I live a free and happy life.

You're all wrapped up in stuff. Get help.

Since we are talking about characters, I think someone who left his disabled son in the state to start a new family in PR shouldnt be the one who is lecturing.

What kind of father are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.