USA dentist wanting to work abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocRo25

Reaction score
Hello, I am a 3rd year dental student.
I love to travel.
So, long story short, I intend to one day work abroad so that I can fulfill my dreams of living and working abroad.

Info online so far seems a big vague.

Essentially, I am wondering which countries accept US dental licenses. Ideally, I DO NOT have to go back to school, but I am ok with having to take each countries' licensure exams.

SO; which countries have reciprocity for licensed USA dentists??

Any information is valuable and appreciated,

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I love to travel.
So, long story short, I intend to one day work abroad so that I can fulfill my dreams of living and working abroad.

Essentially, I am wondering which countries accept US dental licenses. Ideally, I DO NOT have to go back to school, but I am ok with having to take each countries' licensure exams.

Thanks!
I believe only Canada and New Zealand will out right accept your license. After NZ license, you can get Australia, from there it’s easy to get Euro licenses, so I have heard. You’d have to call the respective licensing bodies and get information.

Reactions: 1 user
I love to travel.

Thanks!
For english speaking countries you have Guam, Singapore, and Canada

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I'm a Danish-trained dentist, and know that learning the language is a requirement to take the licensure exams. I know this is a requirement in most European countries, so you should probably aim for English-speaking countries such as UK, Australia, New Zealand etc. Dubai might be an option too.

Hello there, I am a Dental Practice owner in New Zealand ( have two practices), I am looking for an overseas trained Dentists (could be from UK, USA, Canada or European Countries - Germany, Swiss, Austria) to come an work in a beautiful and wealth beach town. Please email me if you are interested on [email protected]

Kind regards

Hello there, I am a Dental Practice owner in New Zealand ( have two practices), I am looking for an overseas trained Dentists (could be from UK, USA, Canada or European Countries - Germany, Swiss, Austria) to come an work in a beautiful and wealth beach town. Please email me if you are interested on [email protected]

Kind regards
I’m curious why you want an overseas grad specifically?

I’m curious why you want an overseas grad specifically?
It is quite normal to look for dentist from overseas in New Zealand. The University here is quite small and the number of students who graduate every year is not enough to cover the scale of population in NZ.