Coursework & Fieldwork USA San Marcos level II fieldwork

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAOT9

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I recently interviewed at USA San Marcos for their MSOT program and was told that is was unlikely to be placed nearby for level 2 fieldwork (two 12 week experiences). They said we get randomly placed wherever is available because there is a huge shortage in available fieldwork sites. I thought this was odd because the school is located nearby San Diego, north San Diego county, and a drive away from Orange county. Is it true that there is such a big shortage?

This was a huge downside, especially since they do not offer financial support for the move. I don't know if I can justify paying two rents enough to go to this program.

Has anyone had to do this for their program?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

I recently interviewed at USA San Marcos for their MSOT program and was told that is was unlikely to be placed nearby for level 2 fieldwork (two 12 week experiences). They said we get randomly placed wherever is available because there is a huge shortage in available fieldwork sites. I thought this was odd because the school is located nearby San Diego, north San Diego county, and a drive away from Orange county. Is it true that there is such a big shortage?

This was a huge downside, especially since they do not offer financial support for the move. I don't know if I can justify paying two rents enough to go to this program.

Has anyone had to do this for their program?
following! i thought this was really odd too. they said we can’t even write down our preferences which is definitely a dealbreaker for me too since it seems like other schools really work with you to get you to a placement you’d be happy in. they basically said you tough it out :/