USAtoday exposes sweatshop-style working conditions at CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lexington2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
Very tragic, but not surprising
More surprising to find a smoker pharmacist in the year 2023

Reactions: 1 users
Very tragic, but not surprising
More surprising to find a smoker pharmacist in the year 2023

Everything about this story is crazy to me. Why would anyone be afraid to close the store during an emergency like that, especially post Covid when stores were constantly closed?

How can any healthcare worker be a smoker? You walk into a hospital and a ton of employees in scrubs are by the entrance smoking. And how can anyone be a smoker at CVS where you get no breaks?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Everything about this story is crazy to me. Why would anyone be afraid to close the store during an emergency like that, especially post Covid when stores were constantly closed?

How can any healthcare worker be a smoker? You walk into a hospital and a ton of employees in scrubs are by the entrance smoking. And how can anyone be a smoker at CVS where you get no breaks?

With how retail works you, you are pushed to forget basic human needs. When I took my contract gig that got me out of retail, I remember telling people “I can go to bathroom whenever I want” with pride. People looked at me like I had two heads.

Reactions: 1 users
Shouldn't take USA today. NABP and BOP know what's going on and turned a blind eye for years!

Reactions: 2 users

I've worked with tons of pharmacists like that. They act like brainwashing victims

A 41yo female, doesn't look obese, with a clean bill of health by an MD 2 weeks prior suddenly gets a complete clot of an artery in 2021. Got it.

A 41yo female, doesn't look obese, with a clean bill of health by an MD 2 weeks prior suddenly gets a complete clot of an artery in 2021. Got it.

“Clean bill of health” but also a smoker?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users