USC 2010 Application/ Interviews..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys....

i tried contacting them regarding the dates...because its clashing with ucsf interviews....

but they doesnt seem to be responding positively..

did anyone get apostitive reply???

I was after them even before the dates came out, requesting them to make sure that the dates did not clash.
no avail.

Members don't see this ad.

Thomas ashlee said "email your concerns i will forward to the committe and explain them" so plz if any body have concerns plz e mail to thomas ashlee.
I was after them even before the dates came out, requesting them to make sure that the dates did not clash.
no avail.

USC has shifted date from 25,26 to 23, 24. I just received email regarding this.

We understand that there has been an overwhelming concern about an interview conflict between USC and UCSF. We have heard your concerns and want to accommodate all of our applicants. We have arranged for our interviews to take place Friday October 23rd and Saturday October 24th. Please make note of this change in your calendar and plan accordingly. Each session will run 7am-5pm

Members don't see this ad :)
USC has shifted date from 25,26 to 23, 24. I just received email regarding this.

We understand that there has been an overwhelming concern about an interview conflict between USC and UCSF. We have heard your concerns and want to accommodate all of our applicants. We have arranged for our interviews to take place Friday October 23rd and Saturday October 24th. Please make note of this change in your calendar and plan accordingly. Each session will run 7am-5pm

Ya. I too got the same email. Now there is a clash between UOP and USC interview dates. So, their purpose is not fully solved.

I got the same e mail too......Now what we can do ? It clashes wtih UOP now ...........

Hi, i too received an email from ashlee regarding change of interview dates.
i also have an interview at uop and i sent an email to her. i hope they'll consider us as they did for ucsf applicants.
guys keep calling them and send emails.....thats how it works..........

hi,
USC tried to solve the problem, so that means they are willing to listen to students. Now it is the turn of UOP candidates to voice their grievance. if they listened once they should listen again.
Also there must be some candidates who has received interviews at both UOP and UCSF. they are at loss in either situation. and as the uop,ucsf interviews were sent earlier, there is no other option but to skip usc.

so common guys, sent them emails, call them up, talk to them.. let them know that they are losing another good pool of applicants.lets requesthem to move the interviews to after UCSF interviews... i.e. after 28th Oct. just before UOP interview is the Michigan interview, so if they prepone that will overlap.

Last edited:
Hello friends,
This is a humble request to all the people who are invited for UOP interview to send a request email and multiple calls to Ms Ashlee Thomas regarding the clash of the date between UOP & USC interview...i think they are not aware of it...Plz do something we have only one day because they will start sending invites from 1st oct 09.......:mad:

Take action as soon as possible

Last edited:
hi v just got an email from ASHLEE regarding the change of dates.....i mailed them back.....but its a sincere request for people to keep calling and mailing USC to consider and change dates from friday sat as they r clashing with UOP..

Hi guys,

we should call Ashlee and let her know about the conflict with UOP?

Thanks

Bad news guys, I just spoke to Ashlee Thomas at USC. She said the dates are staying as Oct 23rd and Oct24 for now. But she promissed that she will talk to the comittee again. But for sure they can not move it to another weekend or have the interviews moved to weekdday. I gave them an option as part of solution.. Why not have interview on Oct 23, Oct24, Oct 25 and Oct26 and let the students choose the dates what is the best for them.. People please email or call Ashlee... We only have one day... if you don't speek up now USC will conflict with UOP... so please call and email her to express your concern...

thanks

Bad news guys, I just spoke to Ashlee Thomas at USC. She said the dates are staying as Oct 23rd and Oct24 for now. But she promissed that she will talk to the comittee again. But for sure they can not move it to another weekend or have the interviews moved to weekdday. I gave them an option as part of solution.. Why not have interview on Oct 23, Oct24, Oct 25 and Oct26 and let the students choose the dates what is the best for them.. People please email or call Ashlee... We only have one day... if you don't speek up now USC will conflict with UOP... so please call and email her to express your concern...

thanks

yes i called them too...she told me the same thing...but we should not loose hope... i wll call keep calling them consistently.. if they have listened to the voice of UCSF candidates then they should not be unfair with us....keep trying to call them and send them emails...these interviews are very important for us why to loose one more opportunity....just one day left...lets do whatever it takes to get it done.....

please keep updating each other...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just spoke to ashlee as well and she told me the same thing, that they cannot move the dates now since there is only 1 day left. However I will have other ppl i know call as well..And as for everyone on SDN please keep trying!
Thanks,
Cooldentist

I just spoke to Ashley and she bluntly said "there is nothing that can be done about the dates now, you need to choose your prefrences."

This is highly unacceptable:(:(

hey friends i called to the dean of the office she said that she cannot do anything its the committee who decide all this matter so she transferred me to ashlee...i talked to her again she was calm and listened to me and said that she will talk to the committee but she cannot promise anything at this moment....have patience and keep trying....

Hi,
I spoke to the assistant, it seems ashlee is not accepting calls directly. they said the dates are fixed and they are not willing to change it...so we have to make the decision about UOP or USC. (its already been made as we have already paid the UOP fees)
I didnt get the response stated above, so i am not sure. but if they are true, please keep on sending emails and phone calls and get them to postpone the exam to 29th and 30th oct.

How incredibly dumb can they get?
they clash with one school..only to change dates to clash with another school>>>
bravo!

Welll it seems like UOP people are out of luck....this year.. now its between UOP and USC... Hope USC still look into this matter.. Please call and let them know how unfair they are.. and may be ask your money back for application.. By the way how can they change the dates like that.. on first eamil they have the interview as Oct 25th and Oct 26th... not fair at all.

okay, guys enough of the date change... Tom. they are going to send out the invites.. so please post if you guys got the invite.. and please aslo post you stats if you get interview call.. so that will help others to see if they have a change or not...
thanks

no nothing so far! This is getting so scary now!!!!!!!!!!!! keeping my fingers crossed!

no guys keep finger crossed they are just thinking right now with cup of coffee

i hope they are liking their coffee and have the best pretzels, chocolates, samosas and cookies on the table..:):)

i hope they are liking their coffee and have the best pretzels, chocolates, samosas and cookies on the table..:):)
I think they should try Tea and Vadapawn or Tea with Bhajiya then only they think good

haha.. Tea and vadapawn or tea with bhajiya... they will think will be very alert and may by very picky... lets for fun say they are have last nights hang over and we all will get the invite letter... since their dates were always in conflict with other schools.. Any how whatever happens... best of luck to all. and on posting if you hear any thing

Agree.. with you BombayBDS.. Hey are you from Bombay, India becasue I was reading your earlier post that you are flying to NY then SF

yaa I am.

here when we have to wait for something we start a story-telling session..wherein one person says something and then the next takes the story forward from there and so on...

since we are waiting for USC.. lets start a story!
here goes,

"Once upon a time there was a university called USC in LA...."

Okay I will continue the story...

People from as far as east and west came there with a hope... A Hope was common among all...

so how do you guys think it is----- If you see an email in your inbox from ASHLEE, will it be an interview call for sure? or those who get rejected will also receive an email???????

so how do you guys think it is----- If you see an email in your inbox from ASHLEE, will it be an interview call for sure? or those who get rejected will also receive an email???????
they will sending interview call till 9th October so I think they will not send rejections now ..........

they will sending interview call till 9th October so I think they will not send rejections now ..........

i agree.
how many invittees will they send out per day?
and wats the logic of having such a long duration?

I think they are enjoying afternoon coffee now ,morning coffee was not good so couldn't reach to final decision about interview so pray that afternoon coffee is good

I think they are enjoying afternoon coffee now ,morning coffee was not good so couldn't reach to final decision about interview so pray that afternoon coffee is good

Hmm.. i wonder if they take it with cream or without..
and how much sugar? one applicant approved for every sugar cube?

@
dentousa..by now, ppl. are thinking we have absolutely no work to do.
:laugh::laugh:

On the lighter side, that is what exactly came to my mind!!!!!!!!!! lol

Ashlee just told me that no invitees have been sent out yet...

they didn't send interview call today so now need to wait until tomorrow

hello guys,

please dont ask or request usc people to put interviews on 29 & 30 oct.........if they are willing to change ..........because people like me having interview in boston oct 29...........will be in deep trouble.........guys please pray fr us tht thy dont put interview on 29 oct..........all the pain w have gone through fr usc interview would be waste..................this is my humble request..........hope god helps us.............

hello guys,

please dont ask or request ...

Nikihta ! You don't get panic.

If you get interview call from USC and if that happens, from which you are scared of, then you can explain the matter to BU as there would only be one interview date for all the applicants at USC, Whrereas, BU will conduct about 28 interviews. They will understand the matter and will consider your genuine request.

Best wishes

hello guys,

please dont ask or request usc people to put interviews on 29 & 30 oct.........if they are willing to change ..........because people like me having interview in boston oct 29...........will be in deep trouble.........guys please pray fr us tht thy dont put interview on 29 oct..........all the pain w have gone through fr usc interview would be waste..................this is my humble request..........hope god helps us.............

Nikhita,

BU calls 8-12 students for their interview while USC calls more than 50 students... its obvious that BU needs to change their date in that instance.More students have their chance at stake at USC.

Nikhita,

BU calls 8-12 students for their interview while USC calls more than 50 students... its obvious that BU needs to change their date in that instance.More students have their chance at stake at USC.

I thought USC called 150 people for 32 seats. correct me if im wrong.

Nikhita,

but Bu has already mentioned in the email that dont ask for rescheduling for the date and if we are getting the new date from USC then we should ask for date that will be good for everyone, so consider BU appicants also though they are less in no but they also have interview and all university interviews have same weight either from USC or Bu..

so plz consider date of 29th oct for BU applicant

did any one recieve invitations yet,i hope they start sending it from monday.

What do we need to prepare in UIC interview?
I mean preprations along with pbl...please if neone knows let me know too:(

we are just trying to send emails to let the usc people know them that if they can help ucsf students then they can also help uop applicants who got interviews.its not to cut back any one school's applicants but just to be easy for both uop and ucsf students so that no 1 gets in trouble.after all we all are doing so much hardwork and i believe every one should get what they deserve and all must be given fair chance to atleast get interview and give there best shot.so i request all of you to keep on sending emails to thomas ashlee as well as i suggest you to send emails to the dean for usc because its matter of our whole life guys,we just have one chance and we should try our best and every body should be given fair chance.so please guys,keep on sending emails to the program cordinator as well as dean for academics affair which some one mentioned in the other thread for usc interview dates.i will still send u his conact info,His name is Mr.Avishai Sadan and his number is 213-740-3124,email [email protected]. i heard hes a very nice person and lets inform him and see what happens.so please guys lets just emial and call them and ask for the postonement of interview date.i request all and whosoever dint send email yet,just send it and request for changin the dates.