USC Dental hygiene/Dental Pathway 2014 cycle Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caill0u

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone applied/interviewed to the Dental Hygiene or Dental Pathway program at USC this year (2013-2014 cycle)? any news?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes! My friend and I both interviewed for pathway, no answer yet. I remember them saying it would take 3-4 weeks to receive news in regard to admission. Any news on your end? Do you know anyone else who interviewed?

Thanks for the reply!
No, I haven't heard back from them. I interviewed for pathway as well. Since I don't know anyone else who interviewed, I decided to post this question. I'm glad theres a chance they're just taking a bit longer than expected (i also remember their approximation of 3-4 weeks). Fingers Crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied and interviewed. :) No news so far. :/

Still waiting. This is taking quite some time.

Another guy I met during the interviews told me that he called USC last week and they told him we should know this week.....get ready for it, its coming.

^thanks for the heads-up. Good luck everyone.

Nothing yet. This is taking too long.

I need this wait (for a Yes or No) to end already.

What were your stats (GPA, DAT) for those of you guys accepted?

^ are you suggesting acceptance notifications have been sent out by USC?

I was just wondering what the accepted stats were for USC Pathway

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptances/rejections have not been sent out yet. We will find out by the end of this month. It's been quite the wait.

Good luck for all of you guys!! I'm going to turn in my application this year. Is this a rolling application?

^I don't think its a rolling application. They even extended the deadline this year to allow more applicants to apply.

And the wait continues... :/

What is the purpose of this program. I'm a believer that a bachelor's in dental hygiene is impractical. You basically take a bunch of extra courses that are irrelevant to dentistry along with completing a hygiene program. It's just a distraction and takes away from your time/effort put into dentistry. Also, what is the point of getting the degree in hygiene if you're just going to go straight into the dental program? This is an honest question as I'm trying to explore all the different options/pathways available to get into dentistry.

Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance letter! I will be starting this fall! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!!! Was it an email notification or snail mail? And was it from USC undergrad or Herman Ostrow?

Congrats!!! :) What were your stats? from which school?
I'm not sure if I should try applying this year because my GPA is only 3.1 in UCSD.

Just got accepted!!!

Acceptance notification through email!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what kind of questions would they ask during the dh/dds pathway interview? How was it like to do group interview? Please help! I'm applying for the 2015 cycle and my interview is coming up. Thanks!

Does anyone know what kind of questions would they ask during the dh/dds pathway interview?