Usc mot 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yellowbee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from USC? I know the deadline was February 15. I heard they are pretty fast with decisions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Yellowbee, I heard back early decision in December, but I have to say they made their decision extremely quickly! I was shocked. Only a couple days after OTCAS had verified, I got my acceptance in the mail. And looking at past years on this website, other people seemed to hear back around this time, so I'm guessing you'll hear back soon! Although they do have rolling admissions, so perhaps some people hear back sooner... Good luck! :)

I applied for the regular deadline and have not heard anything. Hopefully soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone contacted the department and found out when we would hear by?

I submitted the dept application 1st week of january and OTCAS in November. I got the acceptance letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I think I am going to decline because of how much I would have to take out in loans. people who are accepted have to respond within a few weeks or they lose their spot and it goes to someone else...and their dept. app takes a while to process sometimes, especially in Jan. and Feb. when the volume of incoming applications is high.

I applied early Feb and still have not heard back. I think we should hear back within the next few weeks.

I got my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail. I'm from Northern California so it might take out of state people a few more days. Good luck!

Do you know if USC sends out scholarship information with acceptance letters.

No, the scholarship will come within the next couple of weeks of acceptance if offered. You may still apply for departmental ones.

Yes, scholarships come later, separate from both the acceptance letter and the financial aid package I believe. (Or at least that was my experience). Is anyone going to the admitted student reception next week?

I still have yet to hear back from USC. I'm getting a little worried and starting to assume I didn't in. Should I call or e-mail the admissions department? Or do you think it's best to wait a little longer? And does anyone know until when they will send out letters? Thanks in advance for your advice and help! :)

Hi Yellowbee....I haven't heard back from them either and am just assuming I didn't get accepted either. I will keep waiting to hear something though, glad to know too I'm not the only one! Maybe they're saving the best for last? ;)

I just heard two days ago via snail and I live in so cal... Didn't get in. I don't understand how I was on the waitlist last year and rejected this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so sorry you didn't get in :( I went to the admitted student reception today and they said they had the biggest amount of applicants yet (~500). So the competition is pretty intense. I'm honestly shocked I was admitted! They also said the average GRE for the incoming class was about 1230 I believe...

I'm so sorry you didn't get in :( I went to the admitted student reception today and they said they had the biggest amount of applicants yet (~500). So the competition is pretty intense. I'm honestly shocked I was admitted! They also said the average GRE for the incoming class was about 1230 I believe...
Hi 54623759, thanks for the information and congrats on your acceptance. Did they mention anything about all the spots being filled at the reception?

Hi 54623759, thanks for the information and congrats on your acceptance. Did they mention anything about all the spots being filled at the reception?

They didn't say whether the spots had all been filled, but to be honest, it did kind of feel like it might have been implied... Don't take my word for it though! And even if you end up being on the waitlist, I met many people who were still deciding between USC and other schools, so I would there's a good chance a lot of spots will open up that way!

They said there was about 50 or so fancy pants admitted students and another 40 of their guests. I get the impression the spots were filled but definitely a lot of people unsure they want to spend so much C*****$$$$$H on a degree. anybodyz get info on da financial aids or scholarships. i got the majority of my uindergraduate education (CSU -northridge holllaaaaa) covered so i expect the same from suc. Fight on. Dooo, do do do do do dooo dooo do do doooo, do do do do doooo do do do doooooo (drum drum drum) etc.

They said there was about 50 or so fancy pants admitted students and another 40 of their guests. I get the impression the spots were filled but definitely a lot of people unsure they want to spend so much C*****$$$$$H on a degree. anybodyz get info on da financial aids or scholarships. i got the majority of my uindergraduate education (CSU -northridge holllaaaaa) covered so i expect the same from suc. Fight on. Dooo, do do do do do dooo dooo do do doooo, do do do do doooo do do do doooooo (drum drum drum) etc.

I actually got into a pretty lengthy conversation with Florence Clark after the lunch and she said they do not give out financial aid based on need... only based on merit. That seems like a big bummer to me because I certainly have a lot of need, and I was hoping I could get some help from the school. I'm just crossing my fingers for a work study job - that would be fantastic! But Dr. Clark made it seem as if most students end up paying full price for their education and are forced to rely on loans.

So did anyone else hear back from USC? I actually got my letter on Friday. I did not get in :(

I received a letter saying I can be on the waiting list over the weekend. Does anyone know how many students are waitlisted? And for those who got accepted, when do you have to notify the school by? Thanks again for the help! :)

Last edited:
Got my wait list letter today too. I'm going to decline being on the waitlist, I'm just ready to be done with this whole process! Puget Sound, here I come!! Best of luck to everyone that is waiting it out!!

I received a letter saying I can be on the waiting list over the weekend. Does anyone know how many students are waitlisted? And for those who got accepted, when do you have to notify the school by? Thanks again for the help! :)

Hey Yellow, i believe there was a 2 week expiration date on accepting admission to USC (however I did early acceptance, I guess it could vary)

They don't tell you how many people are on the waiting list since the numbers are constantly changing. What they can tell you is the likelihood that you'll be offered a place in the program. I would email them to find out where you stand :)

Anyone on the waitlist hear back yet?

I'm still waiting too. Hopefully we'll find out soon! :xf: