USC Physical Therapy DPT Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dancingirl444

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I found out about a week ago that I was put on the alternate list for USC. I've been accepted to other programs, but this is my top choice. Does anyone know anything about the waitlist for this year? How many people are generally on it, and how many people come off of it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should call to ask them what number you are on the waitlist because I was also on the waiting list last year and it's ridiculous because the class size is 90 and the waitlist was like 270, which is 3 times the class size they accept each time. I was around number 120 (even when I immediately mailed back the alternative list acceptance letter) so I ended up going to a back up out-of-state school in the end..

Do you have any idea how many people they ultimately took off of the wait list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry about the wait list too much make sure you explore your other options as well. I was accepted to USC and deposited (deposit was due in jan.) I have recently been accepted to UOP and will decline my admittance to USC. so there's one extra spot :)

Do you have any idea how many people they ultimately took off of the wait list?
I asked them and they said only a couple so unless you are really high up there (like top 10 or something) I would explore the other school choices you have instead

So, in case anyone is interested, they said that there are 100 people on the wait list, and there is no ranking this year. They said last year 5-7 people were accepted off the wait list, and they will be taking people off of it up until the first week in August.

I just gave up my spot at USC, so some lucky person is going to be very happy!!