About the ads

1. Free Financial Webinar with White Coat Investor! Monday evening at 7:00 PM EDT, hear about the Top 5 Financial Considerations for Starting Residents from White Coat Investor's Dr. James Dahle. Register here. Hope to see you there!

USC Physical Therapy DPT Waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by Dancingirl444, Apr 11, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Dancingirl444

Dancingirl444

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi! I found out about a week ago that I was put on the alternate list for USC. I've been accepted to other programs, but this is my top choice. Does anyone know anything about the waitlist for this year? How many people are generally on it, and how many people come off of it? Thanks!
  2. taurusgrl326

taurusgrl326

Pre-Rehab Sci [AuD/DPT/OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    You should call to ask them what number you are on the waitlist because I was also on the waiting list last year and it's ridiculous because the class size is 90 and the waitlist was like 270, which is 3 times the class size they accept each time. I was around number 120 (even when I immediately mailed back the alternative list acceptance letter) so I ended up going to a back up out-of-state school in the end..
  3. Dancingirl444

Dancingirl444

Do you have any idea how many people they ultimately took off of the wait list?
  4. Gradschool

Gradschool

Don't worry about the wait list too much make sure you explore your other options as well. I was accepted to USC and deposited (deposit was due in jan.) I have recently been accepted to UOP and will decline my admittance to USC. so there's one extra spot :)
  5. taurusgrl326

taurusgrl326

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I asked them and they said only a couple so unless you are really high up there (like top 10 or something) I would explore the other school choices you have instead
  6. Dancingirl444

Dancingirl444

So, in case anyone is interested, they said that there are 100 people on the wait list, and there is no ranking this year. They said last year 5-7 people were accepted off the wait list, and they will be taking people off of it up until the first week in August.
  7. joeyjukebox

joeyjukebox

Rehab Sci Student [OTD]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I just gave up my spot at USC, so some lucky person is going to be very happy!!
  8. SuperShred

SuperShred

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I also just gave up my spot at USC.