USC post-bacc program - is my GRE score high enough to get accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caseymurph

Reaction score
I’m going to apply to USC’s post-bacc program designed for career changers and one of their requirements is a standardized test score. I took the GRE and did not do well on it… I got a 152 in Verbal and 148 in quant. I’m considering taking it again (really don’t want to) but if it looks like I won’t get in with those scores then I will.

To provide some information on the rest of my application materials: I have my bachelors degree in business (3.8 gpa) and I have my MBA (4.2 gpa), my science gpa is I think around a 3.4.

I have many years of volunteer experience both locally and internationally and I have work experience as a project consultant at UNICEF in NY. I worked at a women’s center in Kenya and treated women with HIV/AIDS—which was my first exposure to medicine. I was a member of organizations at my school where we raised funds for pediatric cancer research. After UNICEF, I took care of my dad and was his primary care provider for 7 months while he battled lung cancer

Based on this snippet, do you think I have a good chance of getting in or will my GRE score weigh me down? All feedback is welcome!!

Members don't see this ad.