USC School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

What type of interview do they have? Is it problem-based learning and mock-interview?
The First Day Jan 29 is Kira online interview (MMI) followed by and admissions presentation. The second day depending on what day you picked will be PBL.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was stuck on a plane and couldn't call to accept my interview now I'm emailing every person at the ****ing school

Anyone who interviewed pre-December know if we will hear anything soon?

Hi guys! My name is Asha Green and I am the current class president of the class of 2026 at Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC. Congratulations to all of those who were accepted, and good luck to those still in the application/interview process. We have created an official Facebook and GroupMe in order to help answer your questions and support you in your (hopeful) transition to Ostrow. Although a page has already been created (feel free to join both!) this is the only official page that will have the presence of current students and faculty.
Link to Facebook: Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC- Class of 2027 (OFFICIAL) | Facebook
Link to GroupMe: GroupMe
Here is my personal social media if you have any questions! Instagram: @dreamwithdrgreen

Looking forward to getting to know you all and we hope you choose Ostrow! Fight on!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! My name is Asha Green and I am the current class president of the class of 2026 at Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC. Congratulations to all of those who were accepted, and good luck to those still in the application/interview process. We have created an official Facebook and GroupMe in order to help answer your questions and support you in your (hopeful) transition to Ostrow. Although a page has already been created (feel free to join both!) this is the only official page that will have the presence of current students and faculty.
Link to Facebook: Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC- Class of 2027 (OFFICIAL) | Facebook
Link to GroupMe: GroupMe
Here is my personal social media if you have any questions! Instagram: @dreamwithdrgreen

Looking forward to getting to know you all and we hope you choose Ostrow! Fight on!
Hi, I tried to upload my acceptance email to the link for the FB page but the sharing access is restricted and will not let me.

Hello! Does anyone know who to reach out to for scholarship/financial aid information (as in requesting for scholarships/financial aid)? Thanks.

Hello! Does anyone know who to reach out to for scholarship/financial aid information (as in requesting for scholarships/financial aid)? Thanks.

For me they sent me an emailed for how much scholarship they can offer. So if they were going to give you I’m sure they’d email you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if any decisions are being released this week?

I just interviewed with USC and they seemed to emphasize sending a letter of intent. As in, it was mentioned at least 8 times by the three USC representatives in 20 minutes. Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding this?? (It was my understanding that schools generally don't like a letter of intent unless you haven't heard from them in a while.)

I just interviewed with USC and they seemed to emphasize sending a letter of intent. As in, it was mentioned at least 8 times by the three USC representatives in 20 minutes. Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding this?? (It was my understanding that schools generally don't like a letter of intent unless you haven't heard from them in a while.)
I attended the Monday PBL session and the representative only mentioned about sending a Letter of Interest toward the end.

does anybody know if February interview invites have been sent out yet?

I messaged you

Did anyone who recently interviewed happen to hear when admissions was planning on sending any acceptances during your interview session?

Did anyone who recently interviewed happen to hear when admissions was planning on sending any acceptances during your interview session?
If we compare to previous years probably early March.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the February interviews are going out?
invitations usually go out on a Tuesday, so if they didn't go out this past week, they will either next week or the following for the 1st/2nd week of March!

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone have a general idea of how full the current class is? also did anyone who interviewed late January get results back yet

why march?
I remember admissions saying they'll start releasing after 2 weeks but I'm guessing that's what it's traditionally been like idk. also someone mentioned the message above the 1st/2nd week of march

Im nervous about when they will send out acceptances. My deposit is due on 3/3 for NYU. But I want to see if they will send anything before that

Im nervous about when they will send out acceptances. My deposit is due on 3/3 for NYU. But I want to see if they will send anything before that
Lmaooo me scared af bc my second deposit to nyu is on the 15th and it's 3500 but I really want USC

444200D4-45CB-4AED-BE17-543BB4B76F67.jpeg

I’m genuinely floored that people are willingly signing up for this. That’s $600k to attend dental school while living on just over $2k/mo in LA.

I get that everyone has a different situation and certain dentists can be very successful but damn I’m pretty sure a significant portion of grads are going to struggle for a long time financially. Be careful y’all.

Reactions: 2 users
crazy how it’s almost march and there’s only 60 people in the accepted students fb group

crazy how it’s almost march and there’s only 60 people in the accepted students fb group
I called and inquired on when they might be releasing decisions and they said they still don’t have that information.

Yeah lol how did u find that out there were so much to us on that last interview