USC, they don't like the me...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dopaminesurge

My friends calls me Steve
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really think it's a great fit for me, and I'd do good things over there. Why won't they interview me? There must be someone on the adcomm who just hated an essay I wrote, or something.

+pity+

Members don't see this ad.

I really think it's a great fit for me, and I'd do good things over there. Why won't they interview me? There must be someone on the adcomm who just hated an essay I wrote, or something.

+pity+

dopamine, this process is REALLY random. I'm sure you know this since you are a re-applicant. I mean, I haven't received a secondary from UC Davis, but all the other UC's have sent me a secondary. Most random **** ever...

I would like a chance to see USC as well. Probably not going to happen.
My friend told me that if you havent heard by now its not likely you will hear if you have been complete for some time.
I think they have already filled their interview dates through Jan and maybe Feb. Its looking very slim

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend told me that if you havent heard by now its not likely you will hear if you have been complete for some time.
I think they have already filled their interview dates through Jan and maybe Feb. Its looking very slim

I just turned in my secondary. What the heck? (Heck, Keck - get it?) So all my hard work last four days went down the drain? Damn it!

not what i wanted to hear:mad:

not what i wanted to hear:mad:

can anyone verify this? (or has anyone else at least heard the rumor?) I was going to submit my USC app today, but if this is true, maybe I shouldn't...

i dont think anyone can really verify that above comment. What do you to have to lose versus what you could gain by submitting your app.

Don't get discouraged by reading stuff on this board.

how many threads have you made about you wanting to go to usc?

can anyone verify this? (or has anyone else at least heard the rumor?) I was going to submit my USC app today, but if this is true, maybe I shouldn't...

Ditto here...

Erm, I bumped my Keck interview to later in the season in the last week, and the first date they had available was mid-January. I think they still have a number of slots left for Jan (on unpopular T- and Th- days) and beyond, so don't give up yet!

I don't want to be discouraging, but my review timetable for Keck was pretty quick. Got an invite less than a week after submitting, as soon as they received my check. But, maybe that's good news for those of you who have yet to submit, because you can probably still schedule your interview Jan/Feb, if granted. Good luck! :luck:

can you share your stats with the board?
thx

It is hard to figure. I was complete at the end of September and two weeks later, I got an interview invite. I am not a Cali guy but looking forward to a week in LA. I have a friend from college who is in med school at Keck so I am going to spend a week in his apartment and explore LA. Have not seen LA since I was in high school and played some summer soccer tournaments in LA and San Diego with my premier club team from the Northwest. So now, I am over 21, perhaps I will get a new perspective. It definitely will be different than what I experienced as a 16 and 17 year old soccer player. Good luck. Sounds like you have lots of options.

Searun

has anyone thats been complete at keck for a while called and asked if your app was already reviewed? I'm also one of those people that haven't heard from them in a while, and I'm just curious to know if they have even gotten to my app yet or not. I guess if they still have more apps (that were complete a while ago) and haven't been reviewed, I still have a chance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, forget about USC. It's in the ghetto. UCLA is in Beverly Hills. :thumbup: (But not far from south central if that's your thing, too.)

Eh, forget about USC. It's in the ghetto. UCLA is in Beverly Hills. :thumbup: (But not far from south central if that's your thing, too.)

lol my mom used to work at USC's neurology center way back when we first came to the us, hahaha yea that place sucked i wanted to kill myself, but it was nice on campus haha.

Ah, heck with 'em. They didn't love me either. Yeah, I know, they interviewed me, but that just got my hopes up so that they could lose my file and keep me hanging for the next seven months. ;)

Come join me at UCD. You know you want to.

Did you like Nashville? 24 hours, my favorite show!

Searun

dopamine, this process is REALLY random. I'm sure you know this since you are a re-applicant. I mean, I haven't received a secondary from UC Davis, but all the other UC's have sent me a secondary. Most random **** ever...

Haha, both USC and UCD are ignoring me, and those are the two schools I got degrees from. Are my hundreds of thousands of dollars of [student loan] money not highfalutin enough for their medical schools? Am I tainted because I walked their halls as a *gasp* humanties/social sciences major? Are they denying me simply to toy with my delicate med applicant self esteem? ;)

Keck, what the heck...
I like it.

best of luck to the OP

I hope you hear something soon dopamine.

Did you like Nashville? 24 hours, my favorite show!

Searun
Yes, Nashville was nice. I liked it. :thumbup:

24 is easily the best show on television. Can't wait until January.

I <3 SDNers.

(And red wine.)

+pity+

youu have amazing stats, so i dont think you should worry.
but i have yet to hear from USC too!!! :scared:

Hey dope and stoppushingit,

Have you signed in to the Application Check recently? I did last night, and discovered that I could now schedule an interview- even though no one had e-mailed/sent me a letter about doing so. It was a 'lil weird, but what the heck! I like Keck!

Frogs

Have you signed in to the Application Check recently? I did last night, and discovered that I could now schedule an interview- even though no one had e-mailed/sent me a letter about doing so. It was a 'lil weird, but what the heck! I like Keck!

Frogs

i could do the same thing last night

i think its a glitch in their software or something (although im really hoping it wasnt), especially since I've been complete for only 10 days there.....

does your interview time say "00:00"?

Hey nick,

There is a glitch somewhere, but it's not in the interview scheduling software. I called this morning, and the interview invitation is real. And yes, my interview time does say "00:00."

I think the most likely scenerio is a glitch in their e-mail system. When I spoke to the office assistant on the phone, she said I had been issued an interview invitation on Oct 30 (!), but I'm quite positive that I never received one.

Frogs

Hey nick,

There is a glitch somewhere, but it's not in the interview scheduling software. I called this morning, and the interview invitation is real. And yes, my interview time does say "00:00."

I think the most likely scenerio is a glitch in their e-mail system. When I spoke to the office assistant on the phone, she said I had been issued an interview invitation on Oct 30 (!), but I'm quite positive that I never received one.

Frogs

Same thing happened to me about a month ago, ask them and they can resend you the email, the email will be exciting since you know it will invite you to scedule an interview!

BTW- when were the dates still open to sign up, just curious. When I signed up in oct the earliest was mid nov, but dec was full and ome in jan. Is yours in jan/feb?

Frogs
Yeah, I totally check all the time. It's probably over for me. Congrats and good luck, though! Tell us about it so we can live vicariously ;)

dope- I'm sorry about USC. :( I really hope you wind up somewhere that makes you happy. :love:

Medvac- Yeah, my interview is in the middle of February. The only earlier date that they had available was December 31st, and I didn't take that for obvious reasons. I may not have any special guy with whom to ring in the New Year, but no reason to inform adcoms of this fact. :rolleyes:

dope- I'm sorry about USC. :( I really hope you wind up somewhere that makes you happy. :love:

Medvac- Yeah, my interview is in the middle of February. The only earlier date that they had available was December 31st, and I didn't take that for obvious reasons. I may not have any special guy with whom to ring in the New Year, but no reason to inform adcoms of this fact. :rolleyes:

ahaha. Hey you never know, you might, on interviewing at the hospital, run into Mc steamy or Mcdreamy!

FYI- I am a guy with the similar problem.:(

ahaha. Hey you never know, you might, on interviewing at the hospital, run into Mc steamy or Mcdreamy!

FYI- I am a guy with the similar problem.:(

Ahhhh, the McDocs. Sigh. :love:

Oh goodness, I can just imagine my very own SoCal surfer doc strolling down the wards, hair all tousled and sun kissed. Maybe you'll find your very own Cali blonde there too, Medvac...

OK, that's it. USC is now my #1 :D

Ahhhh, the McDocs. Sigh. :love:

Oh goodness, I can just imagine my very own SoCal surfer doc stolling down the wards, hair all tousled and sun kissed. Maybe you'll find your very own Cali blonde there too, Medvac...

OK, that's it. USC is now my #1 :D

Seriously... My appetite for CA boys recently has been vast. Usually I'm more into scrawny east coast types, but recently - damn.

Seriously... My appetite for CA boys recently has been vast. Usually I'm more into scrawny east coast types, but recently - damn.

Yeah its kinda weird. Im used to the girls in cali. Having gone on interviews more eastern I am like "where are all the hot girls at?"

Cmon Cali schools accept me!

Relax... I was complete 8/21 and just received an interview invite. Don't give up all hope.

Yeah its kinda weird. Im used to the girls in cali. Having gone on interviews more eastern I am like "where are all the hot girls at?"

Cmon Cali schools accept me!

Seriously... My current is a tall, blond surfer with shoulders so wide I could hide sideways. He may be loud, obnoxious, politically misinformed, arrogantly stubborn and causing me to doubt my sanity daily, but his eyes are so. blue.

Yay for CA boys.

Seriously... My current is a tall, blond surfer with shoulders so wide I could hide sideways. He may be loud, obnoxious, politically misinformed, arrogantly stubborn and causing me to doubt my sanity daily, but his eyes are so. blue.

Yay for CA boys.

My girl said the same thing about me except I have green eyes!

I was complete in mid-oct and haven't heard. Frankly, moaning about it won't help, so I just keep waiting like the majority of applicants. Med school is med school...picking a school based on aesthetics of the community population is pretty lame. Personally, I'd rather go to Omaha than LA for med school, but that's just me.

So I'm getting the feeling USC has only been giving out automatic invites so far (within like a week of receiving secondary)...so do you think they will start actually reviewing the whole app and giving out more invites then? Or is it a lost cause?

For those of you who got interviews at USC, can you please post when was your file complete?
Thanks... and Congrats!

submitted 10/20. dunno about completion date. interview invite today. very, very excited.

submitted 10/20. dunno about completion date. interview invite today. very, very excited.

just curious (I interview next week) but when u signed up for a time what month was the earliest space open?

I had my application completed in August and just received an interview invite last Monday. There were no interview openings until Feb. when I signed up for an interview.

feb 28 was the ONLY date open. but i called and worked something out earlier in february. hopefully i can work something out during intersession/j-term.

when do they stop interviewing?

You may still hear something - I hope you do!

Last year, they invited people to interview at least as late as early february for dates at the madness-iest part of march. of course, these interviews were for peanuts (waitlist spots) - MS1s start performing the interviews around this time.