USCE options for post MD Non-US IMG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PSL108

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the USCE options for post MD Non-US IMG wanting to do Anaesthesiology residency in US in the coming future? I heard about observer-ships, any info on that? I am not eligible for electives as I am already doing my post graduation (MD) in Anaesthesiology in a foreign country.

TIA.

Members don't see this ad.

What are the USCE options for post MD Non-US IMG wanting to do Anaesthesiology residency in US in the coming future? I heard about observer-ships, any info on that? I am not eligible for electives as I am already doing my post graduation (MD) in Anaesthesiology in a foreign country.

TIA.

Attachments

• McDonalds-Logo-1975.png
    McDonalds-Logo-1975.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 36
I would not put it as plain as the poster above. You’re fighting an uphill battle, even with all your trainings, etc etc. US simply just doesn’t recognize foreign countries trainings.

There is some discussion within the sub that talks about people coming to do a “super fellowship” then can get a visa and/or practice rights within that institution and that institution only.

Find your school mates who may have tried coming to the US to get more info.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have encountered a couple FMG’s who did one of the more undesirable fellowships - OB, regional, periop - and then successfully matched after getting their foot in the door and busting it for a year to show their knowledge/work ethic.

Reactions: 2 users