USF Pharmacy 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LightYagami

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Made thread for us who applied to USF 2020. Anyone still waiting?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting! I interviewed 2nd week of feb, they said the adcom will meet this march 9th. Hoping to get some answers this week!

Reactions: 1 user
haha i got unidentified caller / thought it was Dean

wow your interview was early. You wait longer than I / early interview - highly qualified candidate.

Did you get in other Fla Schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
USF pharm is really scattered.
Building=medical college, medical college empty spaces-pharmacy college. Did you know Polytechnical college Lakeland, Fl was supposed to be USF pharmacy college but state funding prevented it.

I had my interview last week too! I had an interview at UF the day after and already heard back so hopefully USF is a yes too.

Wow Congrats! Which one do you like better!

Last edited:
I'm a current P3 at USF. If any of you guys have questions about the program, feel free to ask her or send me a private message.

Hi, I got interviewed during the 1st week of Feb and was accepted for 2020, I'm super excited about coming to USF!

The interviewers made the process really pleasant, I do get the feeling they were looking for people who made an extra effort to stand out, and there certainly are many opportunities to do so during the process. This part of admissions seems to weigh a bit, since it didn't take very long for me to get the dean's call.

I'll be happy to meet the class, especially since I'll need a roomate! :)

Best of luck to y'all!

I had my interview last week too! I had an interview at UF the day after and already heard back so hopefully USF is a yes too.
I'm not sure hopefully I get into USF so I can weigh the options but UF would be back home in Orlando so I would be closer to family.

Hi, I got interviewed during the 1st week of Feb and was accepted for 2020, I'm super excited about coming to USF!

The interviewers made the process really pleasant, I do get the feeling they were looking for people who made an extra effort to stand out, and there certainly are many opportunities to do so during the process. This part of admissions seems to weigh a bit, since it didn't take very long for me to get the dean's call.

Best of luck to y'all!
How many days after they said the admissions committee was going to meet again did they call you? So for us they are meeting on the 9th. Do they call people that day or two days after?

Best of luck to y'all!
Also do you mind posting your stats or extracurricular info?

I interviewed 4 days before the day we were told the committee would evaluate, which was a friday. Got a call the tuesday that came next, so I guess they already have people in mind when evaluating.

As for stats, uh, I seriously doubt they were the reason I got in. I must have like, 3.1 gpa in pcas and a 66% composite, which I hardly think would warrant a fast acceptance. My EC's, however. . .well they're too many to list. I'm currently an assistant professor. The committee must have picked me based on my experiences and the fact that I hold a master's, not just applying with prerequisites. I strongly believe those who made a strong case from their life experiences got better evaluations than just GPA or Comp%.

haha i got unidentified caller / thought it was Dean

wow your interview was early. You wait longer than I / early interview - highly qualified candidate.

Did you get in other Fla Schools?

When did you have your interview?
It is definitely the longest wait among the schools I applied to. I got accepted at LECOM-B within 5 days and South U within 4 days. The 3 weeks wait is killing me, but I am hoping for some good news. I really liked the school, I think I will definitely pick USF even though I have 3 pre reqs to work on this summer. I can't wait for the call or e-mail, did they tell you march 9th too?

Members don't see this ad :)
interview Feb 5 2016 accepted 2/9/2016. I think you're the exception, the best of the best so u got called early, i kinda feel bad but congrats u deserved it.
I also had feeling they wanted certain individuals. Maybe they're really hoping to change the profession. I really hope they do and not say that just to lure us in.

I have a feeling that they interviewed the best of the best early. Hence you got the early Feb interview. However, I met some very high GPA and PCAT students in my middle Feb interview.

To tell yall truth, I think those of us who interviewed on Feb have very good chance of getting in. Don't get too worked up. Concentrate on those cell bio remaining courses.

Are any of you applying to other schools in case USF no admit you? I interview middle Feb. Congrats getting in 2 schools! Donna you should get in USF as well

I'm a current P3 at USF. If any of you guys have questions about the program, feel free to ask her or send me a private message.

Hey you can share anything interesting. I don't really know what ask. Seems USF health is really good. Just kinda small with so many professions in one building.
Where is the academic health center exactly? Do we get to do alot of work and get experience there? I'm really interested in that. I know Bridge exists to help the poor in tampa by students. Our tour guide forgot the show us Pharmacy +

interview Feb 5 2016 accepted 2/9/2016. I think you're the exception, the best of the best so u got called early, i kinda feel bad but congrats u deserved it.
I also had feeling they wanted certain individuals. Maybe they're really hoping to change the profession. I really hope they do and not say that just to lure us in.

I have a feeling that they interviewed the best of the best early. Hence you got the early Feb interview. However, I met some very high GPA and PCAT students in my middle Feb interview.

To tell yall truth, I think those of us who interviewed on Feb have very good chance of getting in. Don't get too worked up. Concentrate on those cell bio remaining courses.

Are any of you applying to other schools in case USF no admit you? I interview middle Feb. Congrats getting in 2 schools! Donna you should get in USF as well

You had an interview earlier than mine and got an answer right away. I am so jealous! It's too early to congratulate me, I haven't even gotten accepted yet.There was this one girl who did her undergrad at USF who hasn't heard back from the COP yet. I like the dean's futuristic outlook for pharmacy and I agree, I hope they act on their plans.

Congratulations on your acceptance! I hope we'll hear some good news this week! :)

haha - interview Feb 5 2016 accepted 2/9/2016.<-- i meant EpiCoq, he had soo early interview + accept. read his info. Just believe yull get in. i know u will . we should congratulate Epi.

Jeremy told me March 9th too by email. I wonder who my unidentified caller was 3/3. I only got those 2x these past 3 years since owning iphone. One was from dentist.

I wonder why most northern schools call themselves as school of pharmacy while we call us college of pharmacy, we should be call college of medicine.

Did any of you guys get invites to apply to pharm school after taking PCAT? I have many private schools, no public -_- Too expensive. debt!!!!

Last edited:
haha - interview Feb 5 2016 accepted 2/9/2016.<-- i meant EpiCoq, he had soo early interview + accept. read his info. Just believe yull get in. i know u will . we should congratulate Epi.

Jeremy told me March 9th too by email. I wonder who my unidentified caller was 3/3. I only got those 2x these past 3 years since owning iphone. One was from dentist.

I wonder why most northern schools call themselves as school of pharmacy while we call us college of pharmacy, we should be call college of medicine.

Did any of you guys get invites to apply to pharm school after taking PCAT? I have many private schools, no public -_- Too expensive. debt!!!!

OH! I see! I get what you mean now. Congratulations Epi! And thank you for your encouragement Light! I hope we both hear good news this week!

I have an interview there coming up on the 22nd.

I don't think there's any reason for you to feel bad LightYagami, the committee were very accurate about the times they said they were going to sit, evaluate and then answer. If they said March 9, I'd expect calls from friday throughout the next week, so keep those hopes up!

I also hope they are serious about changing the face of pharmacy. The dean having a reputation as being highly determined as a person and USF's HUGE multidisciplinary potential, particularly from Public Health, is what brought me in to apply first before any other school. By late September, I already submitted the entire application, so that may be why I got an early interv.

OH! I see! I get what you mean now. Congratulations Epi! And thank you for your encouragement Light! I hope we both hear good news this week!
I can't wait!!!!!!! what if we get denied, or u get in i get out! haha i check this thread continuously every 5 mins need to calm down.

What I wonder is why many qualified candidate who get in UF serioulsy considers going to USF . Is USF that good? or just a convenience reality factors

I can't wait!!!!!!! what if we get denied, or u get in i get out! haha i check this thread continuously every 5 mins need to calm down.

What I wonder is why many qualified candidate who get in UF serioulsy considers going to USF . Is USF that good? or just a convenience reality factors
For myself I got into UF but had my undergrad as USF so it's just a matter of comfort here if I do stay. However, UF is the top pharmacy school in the state so I have to weigh my options. Hopefully they call on the 9th because I have to put a deposit down at UF soon but I would rather do just one and no for sure.

I interviewed 4 days before the day we were told the committee would evaluate, which was a friday. Got a call the tuesday that came next, so I guess they already have people in mind when evaluating.

As for stats, uh, I seriously doubt they were the reason I got in. I must have like, 3.1 gpa in pcas and a 66% composite, which I hardly think would warrant a fast acceptance. My EC's, however. . .well they're too many to list. I'm currently an assistant professor. The committee must have picked me based on my experiences and the fact that I hold a master's, not just applying with prerequisites. I strongly believe those who made a strong case from their life experiences got better evaluations than just GPA or Comp%.
So did they call you the day the admissions committee met? As you can tell I'm hoping they start calling on the 9th for us.

Donna no, I meant the committee met about 3 days after my interview, this meeting was on a friday. I got called on the next tuesday, which was 4 days later.

On interview day, they specifically told me "they're meeting this friday and those accepted will be receiving a call form our dean sometime next week", mostly like that. As far as I know, they were very accurate and I honestly didn't expect a call that early in the week, since most colleges I've applied to say it's one month and then follow through 3 months after. If they said March 9, I'd bet on calls coming March 14 onwards. So, uhm, don't burn your s'mores yet.

Hey you can share anything interesting. I don't really know what ask. Seems USF health is really good. Just kinda small with so many professions in one building.
Where is the academic health center exactly? Do we get to do alot of work and get experience there? I'm really interested in that. I know Bridge exists to help the poor in tampa by students. Our tour guide forgot the show us Pharmacy +

The pharmacy side of things is pretty small for the time being. The academic health center is on main campus (not sure what you mean tbh). There definitely is Bridge clinic and there's people in my class who take advantage of that. Only issue is that it's scheduled one day a week, at least on our class calendar.

As for the work experience, I highly recommend you actually get a job as an intern for a hospital/retail chain and work at least 15 hours per week. That will put you extremely far.

Hi all,

I applied to USF COP at the end of January. I just received an email for an invitation for an interview on March 24th at 11:45AM. So excited!!

Hi all,

I applied to USF COP at the end of January. I just received an email for an invitation for an interview on March 24th at 11:45AM. So excited!!
Dang boi i thought u got accepted!! congrats

The pharmacy side of things is pretty small for the time being. The academic health center is on main campus (not sure what you mean tbh). There definitely is Bridge clinic and there's people in my class who take advantage of that. Only issue is that it's scheduled one day a week, at least on our class calendar.

As for the work experience, I highly recommend you actually get a job as an intern for a hospital/retail chain and work at least 15 hours per week. That will put you extremely far.
On pharmcas, USF said they have a health center. Are we able to practice there to learn? because academic health center are really important to connect real life with the book study. how will it put me far working for retail hosp early? Jobs post grad + understanding lectures?

3/9 !!!! Today is day we wait for. In or Out we are all friends. lol

feel free comment

On pharmcas, USF said they have a health center. Are we able to practice there to learn? because academic health center are really important to connect real life with the book study. how will it put me far working for retail hosp early? Jobs post grad + understanding lectures?

The only health center I'm aware of is the Student Health Services, but that's on main campus and not anywhere close to the USF Health buildings. As for experience, landing a job, and understanding lectures, you're going to want to probably work outside of school. If you get yourself an intern position, you'll definitely get great pharmacy experience and be able to apply what you learned in class. Also you'll get paid and that's a huge positive. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you didn't work while in pharmacy school.

Fingers crossed they call tomorrow or Friday!

applied to USF COP at the end of January. I just received an email for an invitation for an interview on March 24th at 11:45AM. So excited!!

Best of luck to you!

Do you mean a hospital? I did a drive-around the campus, and I did see a hospital INSIDE the campus, but there's quite a few more around USF, so chances of internships should be pretty decent. In any case, if USF doesn't let us apply what we learn in USF's health center, I say it's the C/O 2020's job to make it so :cool:

I did a drive-around the campus, and I did see a hospital INSIDE the campus, but there's quite a few more around USF, so chances of internships should be pretty decent.

Take it from me: those internships at the nearby hospitals are not a good idea to set your sights on merely due to just how many other students apply for them. Look 20-30 miles away from campus and find hospitals/retail chains you're interested in. The 30-60 minute commute isn't very appealing, but the trade-off is that you won't be fighting with as many other pharmacy students for that job. That's exactly what I did to land myself a job as an intern very early on in my first year of pharmacy school.

The 30-60 minute commute isn't very appealing, but the trade-off is that you won't be fighting with as many other pharmacy students for that job. That's exactly what I did to land myself a job as an intern very early on in my first year of pharmacy school.

I'll take that advice to heart. It does make sense that a tsunami of students would be fighting over the nearby spots.

Hey just wondering how you felt about the breaks at USF. I was looking over the academic Calander and the winter break and summer break are longer than other pharmacy schools. Does this make things more stressful in the semester?

Has anyone gotten the call from the dean yet? I don't know if I should just assume I wasn't accepted and pay my deposit elsewhere

Nope bro. Keep an eye out for Donna -she got in uf, if she no got accepted yet So dont get discouraged. I'm waiting as well. no one got call yet.

wat are yall stats

we most likely get call by tmrw or monday tuesday

when did uall interview, i Feb 18

Hey just wondering how you felt about the breaks at USF. I was looking over the academic Calander and the winter break and summer break are longer than other pharmacy schools. Does this make things more stressful in the semester?

Not really, IMO. I personally was indifferent about the length of the break because I pulled 40+ hours a week at the pharmacy I intern at during my "breaks." My stress really just came from working every single weekend and grabbing an extra shift or two during the week. If I wasn't working at all, then I'd have no trouble passing all my classes with better grades than what I have now haha.

^^^^

The advice I was mostly given by current pharm students is that :"there are no breaks". You'll be doing rotations, internships, reseach, work or a combination of each during these times.

Well, tomorrow's friday, so I guess calls come in tomorrow, good luck!

Not really, IMO. I personally was indifferent about the length of the break because I pulled 40+ hours a week at the pharmacy I intern at during my "breaks." My stress really just came from working every single weekend and grabbing an extra shift or two during the week. If I wasn't working at all, then I'd have no trouble passing all my classes with better grades than what I have now haha.
What pharmacy do you work at?

What pharmacy do you work at?

Publix. I've been with them ever since starting pharmacy school.

The advice I was mostly given by current pharm students is that :"there are no breaks".

To flat out say that there are no breaks is a bit far-fetched. Yeah the breaks are few and far in-between but it's an exaggeration to say there aren't any.

Last edited:
sugoi they take so longggggg. let us know sooner so i know what school to apply to

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything, or know if people have been getting calls?

USF made decision 3/1-4
few student 3+GPA 80,99 PCAT accepted 3/7-3/8
admis meet 3/9
expect phone call 3/14-3/16.

Last edited:
They actually told you they picked 2 students on a date? Wow.

If what you say is truth, then I should consider myself lucky. In any case, I got an email before the call, so you might know there first

Learned from interviewee friends
Over 2 students got in

Last edited: